Sheffield Wednesday don't rate us.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you get off being a doom-monger, we're top of the league ffs. It's Sheffield Wednesday, we've beaten better this season!
Some people on here need to start enjoying it and get behind the team instead of spreading their negativity and moaning that we're going to lose every match.

I am not a doom monger as I want us to win but I am realistic and realise that it will be very difficult and a tremendous result if we do. Now I would settle for a draw as I am sure other teams will drop points on Tuesday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have they still got that cretin at the back with the scrum cap? The one who can only kick people or launch the ball 60 yards out of play. I've seen better players in Sunday league. I'd love to see Baldock busy the tits off him for 90 minutes.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Have they still got that cretin at the back with the scrum cap? The one who can only kick people or launch the ball 60 yards out of play. I've seen better players in Sunday league. I'd love to see Baldock busy the tits off him for 90 minutes.

Llera is now at Scunthorpe. They are a better team.
But there's only one Sid James.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Recent posts on owls talk are more measured and reasonable. The laughing boys, like the joker who wanted to welcome CH to the championship, obviously don't get up early or stay up late.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
We never win at Hillsborough end of.
I`ve been there plenty of times and seen us dominate games and still the best we ever get is a draw.

The place is jinxed for us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We never win at Hillsborough end of.
I`ve been there plenty of times and seen us dominate games and still the best we ever get is a draw.

The place is jinxed for us.
It's not 'end of', though.

Nothing is set in stone. Everything changes. Anything is possible in an infinite universe.

No need to raise the white flag just yet.

If ever there is an albion team that can win at Hilsborough, it's this one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I refuse to believe that's a genuine Owlstalk thread. Sure there's ignorance, arrogance and the tell tale signs of someone typing with a six-fingered hand while spluttering out some Parkin and proper tea. But there's no tiresome reference to getting bummed. I think they've been hacked.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Odd:

So one of their gimps starts a thread belittling our unbeaten start and underestimating the club. In turn, this thread is spawned. Which in turn, starts another thread on their site:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/233272-have-we-touched-a-nerve/

But despite the fact that one of theirs started this silly spat, apparently it's us who are deluded/insignificant/underestimating the opposition? ???

I'll go along with the more sensible contributors on both sides: it'll be a tough game for both teams, we never win at Hillsborough anyway, but we are unbeaten.

It'll play out like this: a draw, with Wednesday having more of the ball than us, but we will ride our luck. And all the normal people will see it that way but a few of the Wednesday bell-ends will say they should have won (despite carving out no more than two presentable chances all game) and they will laugh at our away following of around 650 (which will be about 200 down on what they would bring here, despite having a fair number of fans living in London, like all northern teams do)

Oh and Wednesday. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just pulled into Wakefield en route to Leeds and, ultimately, Halifax.

Looking out the window, I can imagine a Barry will fit in very well up here.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
The very fact they are deluded enough to think Barry Bannan is better than Stephens says it all... one quotes Albion's team as an old squad of journey men... heard it all now.

2014 wasn't Albion's greatest year but given we had a shocking squad with an equally inept manager something had to be put right given successes in the previous years. They have short memories & I genuinely hope we feckin smash them. Obnoxious moronic northern poverty ridden second best club in their own city inbreds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports