Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday don't rate us.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Reading fans said the same thing but our defence and midfield is better than theirs.( and one of the best in the division ) Its only in the striking area that some teams have the edge over us. You can't compare the top half with the bottom half....its ever changing. Four games ago, Brentford looked like relegation candidates. Now they are in the top half. As for not playing anyone...I thought Hull are second!!!
Derby lost to Leeds ( struggling ) Boro lost to Bristol City ( struggling )....let me check how we got on....oh yes...we beat both. We have been unbeaten for three months. That's what other clubs don't like. For nearly a month, we have been the only unbeaten team in England. We were the first team to win this season and we are, by some way, the last to lose. We lost one of the best players in the Championsip, who was on fire, early on. We have now lost one the best left-backs in the division for three months. Reading had everything going for them yesterday but couldn't break us. In fact, we could have won.
Sheffield should be out-performing us. We finished 19th last season and were nearly relegated. We were terrible. A lot of pundits predicted another season of struggle. Whatever happens from now on, its been a remarkable change. Wednesday finished 13 points ahead of us last season and now trail us by 7 points. They claim to have more firepower than us but we have scored the same number of goals ( 19 )
We all know it won't go on forever. Many thought yesterday would be one game too many. It wasn't. So now it moves on to Tuesday. Even if we lose, we will still have 2 points per game and that is auto-promotion form.
We have tremendous strength of character, not least away from home. Reading found that out yesterday. That never-say-die spirit. Opposing fans ( who haven't played us ) all think we are an average side but they don't know us. Keep under estimating us. Suits me just fine

Great post

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If ever we are to get a historic win at Hilsborough, it will be by this albion team, and on Tuesday.

Not particularly bothered by Wednesday's over confidence.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
They seem to think we have been decimated by injuries and they have a strength in depth that we dont!? I'm confused!

Compared to our starting lineup in our opening fixture against Forest versus our squad against Reading, yes we've lost two decent first teamers in Kaz and Bong and thankfully O'Grady but we've added Hunemeier in place of Greer, Murphy, two decent prospects in Manu & Goldson, Crofts is back and Zamora is fit and having an impact. We also have Harper and Hambo yet to show what they can do. According to Weds though we are scraping along on the bones of our arse?? Most of them seem to be professional no mark yorkshiremen, almost as tiresome as the south croydon masseev.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
3 points off these clowns will be very sweet.

If their above mid table come spring I'll be very surprised. League 1 club at best

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO many on here are under estimating the way they have come good recently with some good signings. We will do well to get a draw and a win is beyond our wildest deams. But we can hope and pray.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Reading fans said the same thing but our defence and midfield is better than theirs.( and one of the best in the division ) Its only in the striking area that some teams have the edge over us. You can't compare the top half with the bottom half....its ever changing. Four games ago, Brentford looked like relegation candidates. Now they are in the top half. As for not playing anyone...I thought Hull are second!!!
Derby lost to Leeds ( struggling ) Boro lost to Bristol City ( struggling )....let me check how we got on....oh yes...we beat both. We have been unbeaten for three months. That's what other clubs don't like. For nearly a month, we have been the only unbeaten team in England. We were the first team to win this season and we are, by some way, the last to lose. We lost one of the best players in the Championsip, who was on fire, early on. We have now lost one the best left-backs in the division for three months. Reading had everything going for them yesterday but couldn't break us. In fact, we could have won.
Sheffield should be out-performing us. We finished 19th last season and were nearly relegated. We were terrible. A lot of pundits predicted another season of struggle. Whatever happens from now on, its been a remarkable change. Wednesday finished 13 points ahead of us last season and now trail us by 7 points. They claim to have more firepower than us but we have scored the same number of goals ( 19 )
We all know it won't go on forever. Many thought yesterday would be one game too many. It wasn't. So now it moves on to Tuesday. Even if we lose, we will still have 2 points per game and that is auto-promotion form.
We have tremendous strength of character, not least away from home. Reading found that out yesterday. That never-say-die spirit. Opposing fans ( who haven't played us ) all think we are an average side but they don't know us. Keep under estimating us. Suits me just fine

Fabulous piece of analysis! - You're not, by any chance free on match days? Perhaps just to pop into the Albion changing room about 15 mins before kick to have a little chat? You might just talk us into the auto's!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Cracking post. Would also add we've got one of the best managers in the division (loved the Wendy 'welcome to the Championship Mr Hughton' comment........tw*ts).

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Yes, we haven't played many games against the so dubbed 'top teams', but maybe there is a reason why those teams are there currently; because they haven't played US yet. Likewise with Ipswich and Hull, who were both in the top 2 when we played them, yet we defeated them and ultimately they slipped down the table - Ipswich significantly.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
if you're looking for thorough analysis of the opposition either before or after a game, Owlstalk is most definitely not your first port of call. We're particularly confident at the moment after our recent run (and who wouldn't be?)

Can't say I've seen a great deal of you lot this season other than FLT highlights but I do know we're playing as well as I can remember us playing since we mixed it with the big boys in the mid 90s and had the likes of Walker, Waddle, Sheridan & Hirst in our lineup, so am looking forward to seeing the game, should be very interesting (probably guaranteed nil nil snooze fest now). Can't see there being much in it either way but I hope that the result is a true reflection of the game and not spoiled by dodgy refereeing controversy.
As I said before, not seen enough to judge your team, nevermind whether they can last the pace. Maybe both teams will know more about what this season promises come 9:45 on Tuesday

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Must be reet 'ard for 'em, constantly in the shadow of the mighty Leeds (Champions of Europe) and Barnsley. Not to mention being the second biggest team in Sheffield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here