Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday don't rate us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield Wednesday? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

We keep hearing from almost every set of fans our squad isn't very good and we haven't played anyone near the top.

Reading fans said the same thing but our defence and midfield is better than theirs.( and one of the best in the division ) Its only in the striking area that some teams have the edge over us. You can't compare the top half with the bottom half....its ever changing. Four games ago, Brentford looked like relegation candidates. Now they are in the top half. As for not playing anyone...I thought Hull are second!!!
Derby lost to Leeds ( struggling ) Boro lost to Bristol City ( struggling )....let me check how we got on....oh yes...we beat both. We have been unbeaten for three months. That's what other clubs don't like. For nearly a month, we have been the only unbeaten team in England. We were the first team to win this season and we are, by some way, the last to lose. We lost one of the best players in the Championsip, who was on fire, early on. We have now lost one the best left-backs in the division for three months. Reading had everything going for them yesterday but couldn't break us. In fact, we could have won.
Sheffield should be out-performing us. We finished 19th last season and were nearly relegated. We were terrible. A lot of pundits predicted another season of struggle. Whatever happens from now on, its been a remarkable change. Wednesday finished 13 points ahead of us last season and now trail us by 7 points. They claim to have more firepower than us but we have scored the same number of goals ( 19 )
We all know it won't go on forever. Many thought yesterday would be one game too many. It wasn't. So now it moves on to Tuesday. Even if we lose, we will still have 2 points per game and that is auto-promotion form.
We have tremendous strength of character, not least away from home. Reading found that out yesterday. That never-say-die spirit. Opposing fans ( who haven't played us ) all think we are an average side but they don't know us. Keep under estimating us. Suits me just fine

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The fact they refer to LuaLua as our key player suggests they know absolutely **** all about our squad.

Dale Stephens and Beram Kayal are the two best central midfielders in the Championship.

Do they have the internet in Sheffield yet? Guess they wouldn't have heard of them.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we beat SW :lol: they'll drop down the table and no longer be one of the top sides.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Top half teams are from 12 upwards which includes Ipswich so we've won 3?
Ipswich are 14th. That's not the league table you're looking at.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm starting to think that the words 'Their squad doesn't look much on paper' translates as 'I don't know a lot about players who don't play for my team. How can I be expected to keep up if other teams sign players from La Liga & the Bundesliga? Israelis!!! What chance do I stand? I know Lua Lua. He does those somersaults....'
Nailed it.

D

Deleted member 22389

FK em. Hope we go up there and come away with a win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Reading fans said the same thing but our defence and midfield is better than theirs.( and one of the best in the division ) Its only in the striking area that some teams have the edge over us.

We have tremendous strength of character, not least away from home. Reading found that out yesterday. That never-say-die spirit. Opposing fans ( who haven't played us ) all think we are an average side but they don't know us. Keep under estimating us. Suits me just fine

I think these two broad points are worth repeating. Our defence and midfield are very strong, as is our goalkeeper. We could do with one quality addition up front. Perhaps that might come from Harper and Hambo. More likely, it'll come in January.

Much more than this though, we've got one hell of a team ethic, with some really strong characters who will give it all to the cause: Stockdale, Bruno, Hunemeier, Bong, Rosenoir, Kayal, Stephens, Hemed, Calderon.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The best thing about that thread is:
-- you never know, they might get the chance to reacquaint themselves with KLL's back flip on Tuesday
-- they've pointed out that it's about time we won up there. Which it is

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Reading fans said the same thing but our defence and midfield is better than theirs.( and one of the best in the division ) Its only in the striking area that some teams have the edge over us. You can't compare the top half with the bottom half....its ever changing. Four games ago, Brentford looked like relegation candidates. Now they are in the top half. As for not playing anyone...I thought Hull are second!!!
Derby lost to Leeds ( struggling ) Boro lost to Bristol City ( struggling )....let me check how we got on....oh yes...we beat both. We have been unbeaten for three months. That's what other clubs don't like. For nearly a month, we have been the only unbeaten team in England. We were the first team to win this season and we are, by some way, the last to lose. We lost one of the best players in the Championsip, who was on fire, early on. We have now lost one the best left-backs in the division for three months. Reading had everything going for them yesterday but couldn't break us. In fact, we could have won.
Sheffield should be out-performing us. We finished 19th last season and were nearly relegated. We were terrible. A lot of pundits predicted another season of struggle. Whatever happens from now on, its been a remarkable change. Wednesday finished 13 points ahead of us last season and now trail us by 7 points. They claim to have more firepower than us but we have scored the same number of goals ( 19 )
We all know it won't go on forever. Many thought yesterday would be one game too many. It wasn't. So now it moves on to Tuesday. Even if we lose, we will still have 2 points per game and that is auto-promotion form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here