Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Utd v Manchester City FA Cup Semi Final

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
To be fair, City under Pep do take the domestic trophy's seriously. Always playing strong sides despite the Premiership and Champions league being the main goal.
The word "fair" and Man City should never be used in the same sentence. Our semi final against them was also a sterile non event.

Mega rich club charged with numerous breaches of financial rules beats lower league inferior team *shock*.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The word "fair" and Man City should never be used in the same sentence. Our semi final against them was also a sterile non event.

Mega rich club charged with numerous breaches of financial rules beats lower league inferior team *shock*.
Well you seemed to have given up already if we reach the final. Man City lost to Southampton in the League Cup this season?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not read the whole thread, but 69,000 attendance and loads of empty seats ???

Discuss.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Entitled City fans can’t be arsed with semis. Club Wembley ticket holders not interested in a one-sided affair. Simple really.
Two good points, well made. :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of other things that surprise me though.

1. Sheff United didn't sell out their allocation. I had them down as a proper old school club with a very large fan base. Probably doesn't help with the city being split in half though tbf.

2. Citeh, despite the trophies they've bought, still don't appear to have a large cohort of plastics along for the ride, unlike Chelski when they bought trophies. Odd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Entitled City fans can’t be arsed with semis. Club Wembley ticket holders not interested in a one-sided affair. Simple really.
I'm not entirely sure the city fans deserve such a hard time over this.
Shite draw, shite location, shite ticket price, shite tonne of 'bigger' games upcoming.

They'll sell out the final and all their allocations between now and then.
Many will have half an eye on Turkey, when fights and accommodation prices will mysteriously increase by 500%.

TBH I have no idea why so many on here are behaving giddy aunts about tomorrow.
You'd think they'd been asked on a date by Ann Kendrick.

To me it feels more like Ann Widdicombe.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
VAR is good at getting (nearly) all the decisions right…….. Can’t stand it but would hate to lose to Forest next week because Johnson punches the ball in the net on Wednesday… That's why it’s there.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I don't blame City supporters for not selling out. Some very expensive trips coming up 2 abroad and a Wembley final. With the millions involved would like to think the club would at this stage of season subsidise travel and or match tickets but football clubs don't think like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here