Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Utd v Manchester City FA Cup Semi Final

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, City under Pep do take the domestic trophy's seriously. Always playing strong sides despite the Premiership and Champions league being the main goal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know they play at Wembley loads and with Europe but that is shameful

Attachments

• IMG_1975.jpeg
    IMG_1975.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 77

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can't believe I switched it off to watch the Wrexham game. It's been said many times before but city aren't much fun to watch when they are spanking inferior teams.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
City were not even that great. Sheffield Utd are just woeful. A real throwback team to bland shit northern 90's football. I really hope they don't get promoted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amusingly, I gather many of their supporters think that The Conspiracy is against them.

To my knowledge there are only 3 clubs in the PL where the current owners NEVER subsidise the playing side:
ManU
Liverpool
Tottenham

They’re playing against a petro state, cheating to the tune of £100m’s and £100m’s. By faux ‘commercial’ deals with themselves, also by hidden illegal extra remuneration paid to players and staff from the Middle East.

Imho it’s a miracle that two of those clubs have managed to compete against Abu Dhabi.

This is about to get worse, Abu Dhabi plan to buy Bellingham this summer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone feel like they should host the semi-finals in a neutral venue like they used to? Villa Park or Hillsborough would've been better than this.
Maybe, but there would be tonnes going tomorrow that would miss out! Probably wouldn’t even get enough for all season ticket holders

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Maybe, but there would be tonnes going tomorrow that would miss out! Probably wouldn’t even get enough for all season ticket holders
True, but in this case, as it is two northern clubs. Wouldn't it have been more convenient for both fan-bases to have the semi-finals in a stadium nearby? Then, for the final host it at Wembley? Because the attendance today has been awful.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
True, but in this case, as it is two northern clubs. Wouldn't it have been more convenient for both fan-bases to have the semi-finals in a stadium nearby? Then, for the final host it at Wembley? Because the attendance today has been awful.
Spurs stadium would have been perfect for tomorrow, for both fan bases

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here