Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Sexual abuse claims at McDonalds.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Going back to the work situation, many bosses can't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with an employee who has been groped or with the groper. Even women bosses can be lazy in that respect.
That's the parents of the school situation went to the head with their serious allegation, because it forced the head to act.
More often than not everyone involved gets an outcome that suits them, except the victim.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone feel a bit weird seeing the words 'McDonalds' and 'restaurant' in the same sentence ?

'We're going to a restaurant tonight ?'
'Where ?'
'McDonalds..'

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Going back to the work situation, many bosses can't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with an employee who has been groped or with the groper. Even women bosses can be lazy in that respect.
That's the parents of the school situation went to the head with their serious allegation, because it forced the head to act.
at school pinging of bras used to be fair game , as did the wedgies women gave back in revenge .

Not sure pinging a bra is sexual assualt , possibly bullying if the girl just takes it and it effects her.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
at school pinging of bras used to be fair game , as did the wedgies women gave back in revenge .

Not sure pinging a bra is sexual assualt , possibly bullying if the girl just takes it and it effects her.
You're not sure?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone feel a bit weird seeing the words 'McDonalds' and 'restaurant' in the same sentence ?

'We're going to a restaurant tonight ?'
'Where ?'
'McDonalds..'
Meanwhile, my 5 year old;

"Dad, McDonald's is a really good restaurant isn't it? They bring you ALL the food you ask for!"

Ah, to have such low expectations.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On a date, when you are reasonably sure the other person is accepting of an advance. Never in the workplace.
Many companies even have the rule that spouses cannot work together.
Would asking someone on a date in the first place not be “an unwelcome advance” if they decline? It’s very murky.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

If some random bloke came up and pinged your girlfriends bra in a pub or on the street, would you think of it as fair game?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Would asking someone on a date in the first place not be “an unwelcome advance” if they decline? It’s very murky.
It’s all about context. If you have spent a bit of time with them and you feel a connection, asking someone on a date is fine. As long as you accept the answer they give.

Not so fine to just ask someone on a date at work that you’ve never spoken to because you find them attractive.

Is it really that hard?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
course not , would deserve a slap

is that sexual assualt though ?
Yes. Very much so. And would be regarded by police as such. They would be arrested for suspected sexual assault. Without question.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s all about context. If you have got to spend a bit of time with them and you feel a connection, asking someone on a date is fine. As long as you accept the answer they give.

Not so fine to just ask someone on a date at work that you’ve never spoken to because you find them attractive.

Is it really that hard?
But I did exactly this and spent eight happy years with them.

Not everything is as black and white as you are making out. Some women appreciate directness. If she said no, then fine. If I hadn’t accepted that then that’s where the “inappropriate” would be.

Everyone is so on eggshells all the time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But I did exactly this and spent eight happy years with them.

Not everything is as black and white as you are making out. Some women appreciate directness. If she said no, then fine. If I hadn’t accepted that then that’s where the “inappropriate” would be.

Everyone is so on eggshells all the time.

I am saying it’s not black and white. It’s all about context. Lots of grey area.

Okay, let’s say it’s a riskier approach. Nothing wrong with it but I can see why some people would take exception to it.

Are people treading on eggshells? People seem to be navigating their way through it okay. People still getting together etc.

I suppose a lot of people use apps to avoid the initial awkwardness?

Asking someone out has always had its perils. That is a far cry from a 50 yr old bloke grabbing a 16 year old and pulling her into his groin or grabbing her backside.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am saying it’s not black and white. It’s all about context. Lots of grey area.

Okay, let’s say it’s a riskier approach. Nothing wrong with it but I can see why some people would take exception to it.

Are people treading on eggshells? People seem to be navigating their way through it okay. People still getting together etc.

I suppose a lot of people use apps to avoid the initial awkwardness?

Asking the opposite sex out has always had its perils. That is a far cry from a 50 yr old bloke grabbing a 16 year old and pulling her into his groin or grabbing her backside.
I certainly agree with you there! It looks like they’ve handled things very poorly based on the news reports. If I had a 16 year old daughter out earning a wage while studying etc and this happened to her, I would be down there throwing hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here