Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Sexual abuse claims at McDonalds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On Nicky Campbell's radio phone in on R5 now.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm not lovin' it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lighten up.
I don’t find it a light subject.
Especially as many of the claims are relating to 50 year olds abusing teenagers.

We all have our thresholds and I’m afraid the sexual abuse of children crosses mine.

Obviously it’s entirely up to you what you find amusing but witty remarks about the sexual abuse of children, especially aired live on the BBC doesn’t cut it for me.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don’t find it a laughing matter.
Especially as many of the claims are relating to 50 year olds abusing teenagers.

We all have our thresholds and I’m afraid the sexual abuse of children crosses mine.

Obviously it’s entirely up to you what you find amusing but jokes about sexual abuse of children, especially aired live on the BBC doesn’t cut it as humour to me.
Yes, I’m obviously laughing uncontrollably at jokes about the sexual abuse of children.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The need to take a look at the sort of people they award franchises to.
I don't believe McDonald's franchises are awarded to 'people'.

The initial outlay is prohibitively expensive as are the ongoing overheads.
Naturally the money coming in is also quite staggering but the award of the franchise doesn't quite work like that.
If I remember rightly they are more likely to be owned by investment consortiums.

The exact reason in reverse is why there's a Subway next to every charity shop on every high street.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Since when have relationships between staff been classified as abuse? (Last on the list with reference to STDs) It seems as though any kind of flirting is becoming classed as abuse these days, perhaps we just have too many people on the planet?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Since when have relationships between staff been classified as abuse? (Last on the list with reference to STDs) It seems as though any kind of flirting is becoming classed as abuse these days, perhaps we just have too many people on the planet?
I agree to a point. Wherever you get groups of young people working together, there’s gonna be a lot of flirting and f***ing.
And long may it be so.

But it has to be consensual, non coercive, and appropriate.

It seems some of the things being claimed have crossed that line.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's omnipresent. A loved one was sexually assaulted in broad daylight on a Brighton bus last autumn, we know someone who was being sexually assaulted by her Hove cafe owning boss.

The police at John Street were completely disinterested in the first case.

The true rape conviction rate is shocking.

Something needs to change, asap.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't believe McDonald's franchises are awarded to 'people'.

The initial outlay is prohibitively expensive as are the ongoing overheads.
Naturally the money coming in is also quite staggering but the award of the franchise doesn't quite work like that.
If I remember rightly they are more likely to be owned by investment consortiums.

The exact reason in reverse is why there's a Subway next to every charity shop on every high street.

From what I've seen, extended families own several/many branches.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My eldest lad has worked for McDs at the Marina & Newhaven the last 3 years, all through Covid, and to get by while at Uni...absolutely hates it now.
Thankfully he has found another part time job in town which will be better hours once he starts - but hes had no end of trouble where he is from managers (thankfully not sexual harassment) There are plenty of other issues going on, that arent in the public eye, underneath the Golden Arches.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's omnipresent. A loved one was sexually assaulted in broad daylight on a Brighton bus last autumn, we know someone who was being sexually assaulted by her Hove cafe owning boss.

The police at John Street were completely disinterested in the first case.

We know the true rape conviction rate is shocking.

Something needs to change, asap.
Men need to call it out to each other. There is an 'advert' running at present where a girl is getting cat called by a group of lads. One of them is brave enough to say 'Leave it out'.
I don't know a single woman who hasn't been harassed, had suggestive comments made, groped or all three. If you say anything it gets worse.
When men start telling each other, it's not cool, maybe something will change. Probably not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here