Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Offenders Register

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
There's a child sex offender in my road as well although he's no longer allowed to live with his family. He is sometimes allowed 'visits' though which makes me shudder when I see him.

I know exactly what he did (knew it when it was reported to the Police) and my kids just steer well clear. Not sure who else in the road knows but some certainly do.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Go round there deck him and then ask questions later.

Where do you live? Woodingdean?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I’m not defending sex offenders or Paedophiles but these kind of stories make me despair at modern society. The fact you’d even consider telling your neighbours on the basis that a friend has identified him as a sex offender is awful, what would you do if your friend suddenly remembered he was a paedophile or rapist purely on his appearance paint a red cross on his door or form a lynch mob?

In the town I grew up the local shop assistant, who was a little strange and had learning difficulties was labelled a paedophile by a few local mums in kids after they found out he’d spent time in prison. People were adamant he was in there for such offences, some claiming they knew friends of the victims blah blah, he was subjected to physical abuse, spat at, constantly threatened and even followed on his way home.
After a number of months it was revealed he actually spent time in jail for theft from a charity, granted a pretty disgraceful crime but nowhere near as despicable as paedophilia. Unfortunately by this time the damage was done and he was forced to leave.

In any case paedophiles and sex offenders aren’t one in a million, they’re widespread and the sad reality is pretty much every road and neighbourhood will have individuals who shouldn’t be trusted around children or the vulnerable, it’s a sad fact that has always been the case I’m afraid.

Thats a terrible story.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Interesting reading all many thanks. I have decided to do nothing as many have said 12yrs is along time. The last thing I would want to do is cause issues for someone that has paid their dues etc. Will just keep an eye out from a distance for my own familys sake.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Interesting reading all many thanks. I have decided to do nothing as many have said 12yrs is along time. The last thing I would want to do is cause issues for someone that has paid their dues etc. Will just keep an eye out from a distance for my own familys sake.

Good man.

A sensible, reasoned approach.

Jan 30, 2008
so you had to come on NSC and ask the question, can't you make up your own mind :nono:
regards
DR

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thats a terrible story.

Yeah awful and I’m sure it’s something that happens fairly regularly.

Like I say he was obviously a questionable character stealing from charity but that aside I thought he was a nice fella and not far off pensioner age.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
so you had to come on NSC and ask the question, can't you make up your own mind :nono:
regards
DR

If someone is confused about something, it is sensible to talk it over with other people, who may offer a fresh perspective. Given the nature of this matter, the impersonality of NSC makes it a good choice of 'venue' to gain different ideas and opinions. So well done, OP.
regards
PM

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
regards
DR

If someone is confused about something, it is sensible to talk it over with other people, who may offer a fresh perspective. Given the nature of this matter, the impersonality of NSC makes it a good choice of 'venue' to gain different ideas and opinions. So well done, OP.
regards
PM

That is exactly why I thought I would post it here. People close to me would become concerned and take a bias view.

Windows

Feb 8, 2013
Hove
I don't know the % of people living in any street anywhere that could be on this register for something trivial to something more serious.

It's a fair bet that on average, every single road in any given area will have several people on this list for whatever reason...there are no stereotypes...could be male/female/young/old etc...

There is likely to be at least one other person on the original posters street that has probably done something more serious that the chap in question! :facepalm:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't know the % of people living in any street anywhere that could be on this register for something trivial to something more serious.

It's a fair bet that on average, every single road in any given area will have several people on this list for whatever reason...there are no stereotypes...could be male/female/young/old etc...

There is likely to be at least one other person on the original posters street that has probably done something more serious that the chap in question! :facepalm:

Your way off, there are 60000 people on the register, your suggestion of multiple ones on each street would require there to be millions on the list.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Dilemma. I have learned that a guy living in my street is on the register. I don't know what for and I seem to be the only ones in the street that knows. I am a parent of 3 and obviously a little concerned. He has lived here for 12yrs.

the solution is obvious. leave one of your kids outside his house with a bow on their head. if nothing happens, i think you can assume he's not a danger. if something does happen... well... you've got another two kids, right?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Your way off, there are 60000 people on the register, your suggestion of multiple ones on each street would require there to be millions on the list.
That isn't what he was saying:facepalm:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That isn't what he was saying:facepalm:

Then what is he saying? Reads to me like he believes there are multiple people on the sex offenders register on every street in the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here