Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Offenders Register

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
A friend of mine is a prison officer and recognised him by chance. He told me that he had done time for sex offences and therefore it is an assumption he is registered but it does concern me. He also lives alone.

This on its own make him a sexual deviant. Best get the lynching mob together.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Dilemma. I have learned that a guy living in my street is on the register. I don't know what for and I seem to be the only ones in the street that knows. I am a parent of 3 and obviously a little concerned. He has lived here for 12yrs.

Should I inform my neighbours ( I think I have a duty too)?. Should I do anything else? No I don't own any garden shears.

1) Read post number 5 before you destroy a possible innocent persons life!

2) tell your loud mouthed prison officer friend to stop gossiping! and if there is real cause for concern he should contact the appropriate authoritys! (I don't know for sure but I would imagine him gossiping to you like he has is probably a disciplinary offence)

3) you say the person has lived there for 12 years, and it would appear there has been no cause for concern in the past!

4) If you do own anything sharp, get someone responsible to hide the implements from you!

5) And finally, I am glad I don't live in your street (as I am sure you are!)

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
lynch_mob.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It'll be over turned as it's an infringement of perverts right to a normal life under the human rights act introduced by TONY BLAIR. Brighton and hove council will have to back down. Thanks Labour lol

Stop politicising this thread. We all have our political views but this has nothing to do with what the OP is trying to ascertain.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because Labour signed up to the Human rights act lock stock and barrel then there's nothing you can do about it. Pedophiles and any pervert have the right to a nice private life just like you and me, Thanks Tony Blair you leftie shit for brain cock.

If you're unable to debate anything without turning it into a political rant might I suggest you find another forum.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

2) tell your loud mouthed prison officer friend to stop gossiping! and if there is real cause for concern he should contact the appropriate authoritys! (I don't know for sure but I would imagine him gossiping to you like he has is probably a disciplinary offence)

3) you say the person has lived there for 12 years, and it would appear there has been no cause for concern in the past!

4) If you do own anything sharp, get someone responsible to hide the implements from you!

I've made it a golden rule of mine never to write 'This'. I've just broken that rule.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Because Labour signed up to the Human rights act lock stock and barrel then there's nothing you can do about it. Pedophiles and any pervert have the right to a nice private life just like you and me, Thanks Tony Blair you leftie shit for brain cock.

Tony Blair was a leftie? A whole new rambling binfest of a thread could be done on that, but the answer is no.
Further are you close to a ban for jumping in OT with Googlephobic language?

Another this, plus 6) You weren't going to ask him to babysit, just get on with your life.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Agree with this.

The 'screw' has loose lips, might be worth checking him out, you never know. He might just be trying to deflect attention from himself. :)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Be a bit careful. As some of the responses on here exemplify, this is precisely the sort of partial information and rumour which ends up in some kind of lynch mob-led witch hunt, with possibly tragic consequences. Anyone who's watched the last couple of episodes of Broadchurch will have seen this well illustrated.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Gossip and hearsay, and vague at that. I'd hold off the trip to pitchforks'r'us until you get something a little more solid than 'he lives on his own'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Gossip and hearsay, and vague at that. I'd hold off the trip to pitchforks'r'us until you get something a little more solid than 'he lives on his own'.

He does live on his own though!!

How many cats has he got?......that is the only way to tell properly......................and how many are alive?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Just call the non emergency number and say you've some concerns about person X and you've heard he's on the SOR. In some cases the police can give details (It's to do with 'Sarah's law').

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
This is very dodgy ground. What if someone else in the OPs street gets wind of this fella and isn't so sensible as to ask an internet forum what to do?

The guy has lived in your street for 12 years with no apparent issues. The only thing that has now changed is that your loose lipped Prison Officer friend 'thinks' he recognised a guy that may be on the sex offenders register but can't be sure what for (or won't tell you).

Grounds for a hanging, shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here