Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious Warning To All Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
For the record M Steward, I like to sit down and just watch the game. But I do remember being a young teenager and enjoyed standing / singing. I howeve unlike you would like to stand up for the kids as they are customers just like me, and at away games the vast majority want to stand and ing. At home games there should be areas where different fans watch in a different kind of way. it is called responding to customer needs and wants. Something football clubs fail to do, probably because they sometimes ex policemen or other such state sector employees who think that their word is all that counts.

Got a problem with authority, haven't we? Funnily enough, in all the reports, investigations and surveys it is not the "vast majority" who want to stand and sing. Responding to customer "needs and wants" takes a back seat to current regulations and legislation. I don't make the rules - they were made following cock ups in the past which have seen hundreds of fans injured and killed because they did what they want. Personally, I would like to sit on the roof of the stand and piss on Palace supporters, but funnily enough that's not going to happen.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Got a problem with authority, haven't we? Funnily enough, in all the reports, investigations and surveys it is not the "vast majority" who want to stand and sing. Responding to customer "needs and wants" takes a back seat to current regulations and legislation. I don't make the rules - they were made following cock ups in the past which have seen hundreds of fans injured and killed because they did what they want. Personally, I would like to sit on the roof of the stand and piss on Palace supporters, but funnily enough that's not going to happen.

To Quote a great man - “Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that.”

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Pointless commenting further on this thread. If you want to "meet me" and show me what a big man you are, then ask the Stewards to introduce you to the lecturer in charge of the students in the Chapel End. I am sure they will oblige.

The regulations are there for those that can read them. If you can't, ask someone who can. The FA position is clear, Southampton's position is clear, the risk posed to the Seagulls is clear.

The Green Street wannabees, pseudo-anarchists and class/keyboard warriors are proving to be an embarassment to this club and to the people who view this board. I know we have to have a percentage of idiots, but I am not sure why we seem to be exceeding our quota these days.

Category C My Arse

Nov 20, 2010
Pointless commenting further on this thread. If you want to "meet me" and show me what a big man you are, then ask the Stewards to introduce you to the lecturer in charge of the students in the Chapel End. I am sure they will oblige.

The regulations are there for those that can read them. If you can't, ask someone who can. The FA position is clear, Southampton's position is clear, the risk posed to the Seagulls is clear.

The Green Street wannabees, pseudo-anarchists and class/keyboard warriors are proving to be an embarassment to this club and to the people who view this board. I know we have to have a percentage of idiots, but I am not sure why we seem to be exceeding our quota these days.

See you next week ya gobshite.

Feb 14, 2010

Authority is a good thing as long as those with it have a brain. Fom your last sentence then I have to question wheher you really should be teaching anyone anything. You should noteither hide behind the deaths of people crushed against fencing because you do not wish to respond to the simple fact that different people want a different way of watching football. Please go on a customer relations course and learn respect for the people that you are paid to help - not hinder.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not a problem. Will be in the Chapel Stand on Tuesday with my students. Ask one of the stewards to introduce us. I don't "do" CCTV. I do "in the crowd".

And actually, numbnuts, inside the ground we CAN impose our will on you. Read the ground regulations...

Surprise, surprise - person who 'teaches' people in yellow jackets can only respond to questioning of his opinions with insults, ie 'numbnuts'. See my PM to you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The world does not revolve around your 7 year old for the rest of us and his rights end where ours begin. Just think on . Take him to the family stand but leave the rest of the customers alone to stand, sing and use flares. Oh and as a parent then I hope you are teaching him better manners than you are showing, no need for insuts

f***ing idiot. Where did I say either of my children were 7 ? No where - clearly you can't read. So my children are lesser customers than you are they ? Football should be a safe place - not somewhere to get burnt from a flare. I would suggest you go out and buy a flare, light it and put it against your clothing - see if you think it's not dangerous then. FYI customer service doesn't mean bowing to every customer request or want - the law comes in to play as well. I see you didn't comment on the knives thing - so come on then dipshit - if 51% of customers wanted to bring knives to a match would that be OK because the customer is always right ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The legislation needs changing. A blanket ban on standing is not only unpopular but unnecessary. German stadiums have safe standing areas, that is what we should be pushing for. I fully understand why the rules were brought in, but the technology and the will is there to change them.

Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion6.jpg

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i would say that this is quite worrying for those associated with the lets say "teenage" fans who think football grounds are places to stretch the rules to the max, i think you could be quite close to being banned from withdean and also falmer/amex if you continue pushing the boundaries. by all means have fun create an atmosphere but do it within the ground rules.

Feb 14, 2010
f***ing idiot. Where did I say either of my children were 7 ? No where - clearly you can't read. So my children are lesser customers than you are they ? Football should be a safe place - not somewhere to get burnt from a flare. I would suggest you go out and buy a flare, light it and put it against your clothing - see if you think it's not dangerous then. FYI customer service doesn't mean bowing to every customer request or want - the law comes in to play as well. I see you didn't comment on the knives thing - so come on then dipshit - if 51% of customers wanted to bring knives to a match would that be OK because the customer is always right ?

Your knives analogy is otiose and when you reflect you will agree. My reply is as per my replies to Mr Steward. The world does not revolve around you, or me. I am older and I sit down, but I remember being a teenager and I enjoyed singing and standing. I disagree that flares in themslves are unsafe and clubs should work with he kids to make it work. The clubs should allow different fans to watch in different ways. Please also stop being offensive and learn some manners.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Your knives analogy is otiose and when you reflect you will agree. My reply is as per my replies to Mr Steward. The world does not revolve around you, or me. I am older and I sit down, but I remember being a teenager and I enjoyed singing and standing. I disagree that flares in themslves are unsafe and clubs should work with he kids to make it work. The clubs should allow different fans to watch in different ways. Please also stop being offensive and learn some manners.
I don't think the clubs have a choice. They are imposing laws. The laws need changing.

Feb 14, 2010
I don't think the clubs have a choice. They are imposing laws. The laws need changing.

Yes that is more of a logical view but they talk about law as an absolute, when in fact it is interpretation. The kop does not sit down for most of the game, nor Leeds ect ect. Thousands of Liverpool fans do not face jail for standing up. Its a bit common sense is all that many are asking for. I really have had enough of hooligans in yellow jackets having a go at young kids for enjoying themselves

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Not that I'm a big fan of MUFC, but when, before their recent derby game against Citteh at Eastlands, when the lights went down and to the tune of 'Blue Moon' a huge pale blue moon was projected above the crowd, did you see that one bright red flare in the United end? That looked the f***ing bollocks, a defiant red flame in the face of extreme hubris from a club with no right to that hubris.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It isn't a serious warning to all Brighton fans since it isn't a warning to me. I have no intention of throwing a flare, a coin or even a paper cup.

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009

Your an interesting one Hampshire, you sometimes come across sensibly other times you bite and mug yourself off trying to sound all superior and I guess your forces brainwashing shows itself in your unbending attitude to others opinions.

Look you are right but so are they, you have the force of law and regulations, some sensible, some ridiculous.

However you must know young men (and some not so young) will push boundaries, mis behave and fight, in fact if they did not the British Army would be f***ed for a start.

Anyway a sensible attitude to hundreds of Albion fans standing in front of whatever seat they choose on Tuesday throughout the game would be let the majority get on with it and help out the people who for whatever reason need to find somewhere to sit. Continually trying to get them all to sit will increase the likehood of the crowd becoming a mob and reacting violently.

Flares love em but fair enough you play with fire you may get burnt so your risking a nicking, coins a no no but we all been young and stupid at least once.........even you Hampshire surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here