Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious Warning To All Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
If the fans do not misbehave then there will be no heavy handed stewarding. It is that simple - cause and effect. They are not going to stand for any messing about, and it is clear that the FA have made their position clear. Anyone that believes otherwise is deluded. I have pointed out, based on work I have been doing with Southampton, what the position is. It's a firm legal position, supported by legislation and regulations. People seem to think it is up for debate and challenge. If it is challenged you will only end up damaging the club. I really don't get why some people feel they have a right to ignore what the majority want at a match. Then again, I strongly imagine most of the people on here who claim to be "taking back the game" get most of their excitement staging Subbuteo crowd invasions and wanking themselves silly about their dreams of being in Green Street.

It's simple. If you misbehave and break the law you will be dealt with according to the law. The club will also pay a price. It cannot be put much more simply than that.

Feb 14, 2010
I see hampshire Seagull, so you as a person that trains ppeople to work at football matches thinks that football fans dont like institutions such as the kop and that fans dont like to stand up nd create an atmosphere. May I suggest that you go on a course about the history of football as well as charm school, and a course on ustome relations. the sooner you lern that you are the employee and it is the customer that counts then the better football will be,

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Not going to happen mate. It's not about "liking" institutions, it's about modifying and changing, responding to what the customer wants. And today's customer does not want what you believe they want - too many surveys and investigations have taken place to be in any doubt about this. Institutions such as pitch invasions, throwing bananas on the pitch, lobbing darts at supporters - gone and consigned to history. You need to look at the history that we cover on the courses - there have been no major incidents at football matches since Hillsborough and the changes that were brought in. You may not like that, but it's the truth. We teach customer relations and we are aware that some believe that they have the right to attend matches on their terms. The ground regulations are there for that purpose. Have read of them next time you pass a poster, you might learn something.

The customer is more than just you - the 7 year olds that you are moaning about are the future of football, as are the concepts of family attendance. Clubs do not want people that make their grounds unsafe, awkward, violent or a bad experience. The concept of the happy customer spending money is more applicable to families and children - they are the ones who spend in the club shops, they are the ones who will buy season tickets. If they are not happy, they do not buy. Football is a business that needs money - more satisfied customers mean more money. Every club likes the occasional "character" - but only to a certain point. When they start to put people off coming, then the "character" is got rid of.

Do you really not understand that concept? You are not the future of the game - you are the past. The club will be happy to have you spending money and supporting them, but ultimately if you are the sort of person who will cost them in fines or attendance, they will be at the front of the line handing over CCTV evidence and your details. They just don't want people who believe they are above the game anymore.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
FFS, why dont you swallow your pride and admit he is right.
He is a steward at St Marys (I believe) and the rules have been relayed to him by the FA and his club. He has told you what is going to happen, based on our 5% moronic following, especially after the two recent cases against Peterborough and Woking.
Perhaps this is partly the reason that FCUM have only been issued with 845 tickets after their invasion against Rochdale and their reputation.
If it kicks off on Tuesday, then look forward to us only getting a piss poor allocation,even if its a Premier club in the next round, if we beat FCUM.
I was bought up in the North Stand in the 70's and in those days you could get away with it, times have changed.

Jan 30, 2008
Not going to happen mate. It's not about "liking" institutions, it's about modifying and changing, responding to what the customer wants. And today's customer does not want what you believe they want - too many surveys and investigations have taken place to be in any doubt about this. Institutions such as pitch invasions, throwing bananas on the pitch, lobbing darts at supporters - gone and consigned to history. You need to look at the history that we cover on the courses - there have been no major incidents at football matches since Hillsborough and the changes that were brought in. You may not like that, but it's the truth. We teach customer relations and we are aware that some believe that they have the right to attend matches on their terms. The ground regulations are there for that purpose. Have read of them next time you pass a poster, you might learn something.

The customer is more than just you - the 7 year olds that you are moaning about are the future of football, as are the concepts of family attendance. Clubs do not want people that make their grounds unsafe, awkward, violent or a bad experience. The concept of the happy customer spending money is more applicable to families and children - they are the ones who spend in the club shops, they are the ones who will buy season tickets. If they are not happy, they do not buy. Football is a business that needs money - more satisfied customers mean more money. Every club likes the occasional "character" - but only to a certain point. When they start to put people off coming, then the "character" is got rid of.

Do you really not understand that concept? You are not the future of the game - you are the past. The club will be happy to have you spending money and supporting them, but ultimately if you are the sort of person who will cost them in fines or attendance, they will be at the front of the line handing over CCTV evidence and your details. They just don't want people who believe they are above the game anymore.
blah blah blah there always will be an element like it or not MR jobsworth :bigwave:

Jan 30, 2008
When the game at Southampton takes place I know for a fact that the Brighton fans are going to be heavily policed and stewarded owing to recent events. I suggest that if someone near you tries to light a flare you punch their f***ing lights out. If it continues we are going to be end up being fined and having our capacity reduced. It's not like people have not been warned. Football is a business, covered by regulations. People need to understand that the overall good of the business is going to be the over-riding factor when it comes to how things are done. That is, 95% of fans want to go and watch a match within the regulations. The 5%, because it is only a small minority who think that they are reclaiming a working class sport, are the ones that clubs do not want - and will actively attempt to remove.

I said before - if you cock about at Southampton you will be removed. You will be videoed and you have a very high chance of the regulations being enforced fully on you - ie banning orders and the club paying the price.

This is not something that is even worth debating or arguing - the club statements have been made, the regulations have been published and they will be enforced. If you want to make a martyr of yourself then you are going to end up f***ing things up. So, if you see someone who has their own agenda and not the best intentions for the club - have a word before the FA does.
shut up !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I hate flares at football, and I don't want to be stuck in a stand when some stupid prat is careless with one and something like what happened at Bradford happens.
I know it wasn't a flare that started it, but try arguing that it couldn't happen.

Jan 30, 2008
I hate flares at football, and I don't want to be stuck in a stand when some stupid prat is careless with one and something like what happened at Bradford happens.
I know it wasn't a flare that started it, but try arguing that it couldn't happen.
you're not at selhurst park are you ?

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I thought flares went out of fashion in 1976.

Jan 30, 2008
:lolol:

you've been brainwashed you deluded fool

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Who woke Adolf's sock puppet up? Is there not a Leni Riefenstahl video you could be wanking over instead?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yep - I train stewards. We follow the laws and rules that have been laid down and that 95% of the supporters want to follow. You can't do that - don't go. It really is that simple. The customer is king - the 95% of them. Enjoy yourself jumping off motorway bridges - that's against the law as well, but hey, who's to stop you having fun?

I guess that you are exactly the type of arse from The Palace (Brighton) Pier who said when asked about the kiteboarders jump, 'We refused hin permission'! They do not own the sky, in the same way a yellow jacket does not mean you can impose your will upon others. Really would love to meet people like you away from the comfort of your CCTV................

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Its going to kick off? What do you mean by that :p

It'll kick off before the game, after every goal and at the beginning of 2nd half.

Feb 14, 2010
For the record M Steward, I like to sit down and just watch the game. But I do remember being a young teenager and enjoyed standing / singing. I howeve unlike you would like to stand up for the kids as they are customers just like me, and at away games the vast majority want to stand and ing. At home games there should be areas where different fans watch in a different kind of way. it is called responding to customer needs and wants. Something football clubs fail to do, probably because they sometimes ex policemen or other such state sector employees who think that their word is all that counts.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I guess that you are exactly the type of arse from The Palace (Brighton) Pier who said when asked about the kiteboarders jump, 'We refused hin permission'! They do not own the sky, in the same way a yellow jacket does not mean you can impose your will upon others. Really would love to meet people like you away from the comfort of your CCTV................

Not a problem. Will be in the Chapel Stand on Tuesday with my students. Ask one of the stewards to introduce us. I don't "do" CCTV. I do "in the crowd".

And actually, numbnuts, inside the ground we CAN impose our will on you. Read the ground regulations...

Category C My Arse

Nov 20, 2010
Coins - fair and of course.
Flares - the customer enjoys flares. So work with the customer and go with flares. It is as ever, an attitude thing by blokes with clip boards that are often ex policemen and who now have employment in football. They have no customer focus because they think they should not be questioned because they remember having th power of arrest. They have an attitude and they think they know best. The needs and wants of the customer come last on their priority list. Such an attitude clearly illustrated by Charlton & Brighton restricting a ground with a 28,000 capacity to an 18,000 crowd despite the fact that many more people wanted to go. Thy are doing the same to the FCUM game. If we wont sell or tickets (which is another issue) then anyone with half a brain would work with FCUM to sell them as man as they want.

True dat!

Coin throwing is ridiculous. Flares and smoke grenades are fine in my opinion used in the right manner.

All this being warned over constant standing needs to be fought.

One of the main reasons why I will never go back to the shithole that is Old Trafford is because I was threatened to sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here