Serious Warning To All Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
with respect but who are you to say "get over ot" ad "they are things of the past". Customer wants are king and so work with the customer, and dont b so dramatic, instead try a bit of balance in your views

Bloody idiot. So if customers wanted to take knives to games you'd so "let them do it because that's what the customer wants" ? Flares are DANGEROUS and like someone else posted, if someone lit one near my children they'd soon find out how hot flares get. :tosser:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
:angry: Banned for throwing Flares :angry:

I reckon fans should go into a charity shop and buy some old Flared Jeans, then chuck them on for a laugh.

Banned for throwing [a pair of] flares onto the pitch :laugh:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
If flares are banned by the football authorities, as I think they are, then we have to lump it. They can be dangerous in the wrong hands (Woking is a case in point), so leave them at home. Time to give the vocal chords a bit of exercise and create an atmosphere by singing!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We have been warned.

Whether or not we believe flares are OK (I don't, but my opinion is irrelevant to this point) we have been told that if flares continue to be lit, we may get smaller ticket allocations for away games. Therefore anyone from now onwards that lights a flare, in my opinion, is an utter twazzock spunkface of the highest order.

I will be blaming these twazzock spunkfaces and nobody else if we end up with lower away allocations.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The bloody idiot with the flares on tuesday should be banned for life. There were little kids there for christs sake, and people walking to the food stall and toilets

Yeah but according to some idiots on here some customers have more rights than others so if they want to bring flares and ruin it for the lesser customers that is their prerogative.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think some balance is needed here. You can hardly blame the club when it is threatened with fines (which would presumably have to be paid out of the playing budget). Yes, I know the club over react at home games with stewarding, especially towards the back of H Block, one reason I now sit down near the front. However, I have to say that there is an element of our fans at away games whose sole intention seems to be to ruin the experience for everyone else. Loutish behaviour might be great fun if you are the one doing it, but not for those round you. I'm not sure where I stand on flares; Accrington and York fans seem to be able to get them in and they obviously add to the atmosphere generated by their home ends, but coin throwing is an absolute no-no - do we really want the same reputation as the scummiest section of Leeds fans? The trouble is that if anyone questions loutish behaviour on here they are immediately shouted down as a killjoy; some on here seem to think a "tear up" with the home fans is great fun and shout down anyone of an opposite view, for example. For some reason, this always seems to occur when we take large numbers away from home, rather than when we only take a few hundred away. I have never seen or heard of Albion fans getting into physical battles at Withdean; arguments maybe, but it never seems to go further at home.

Saying that, I don't think the other clubs help, particularly whey they insist on you sitting in your allocated seat, nor does the all-seater rule. If you are free to sit where you want, then the standers can go at the back, the sitters at the front, such as at Carlisle or Hartlepool. Likewise, when you still had terracing, we normally received an allocation of both seating and terracing and everyone was happy, whereas today with everyone mixed in and allocated seating, standers and sitters are mixed, hence the bother starting. Nowadays, for that reason, I think I prefer the "smaller" away trips.

But the main point of my message is, if you don't want this to happen, behave properly. Don't blame the club if it is compelled by the FA to take unpopular measures.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The coin AFAIK wasn't thrown by any Brighton fan , where the ref found the coin was in the same area as the Peterborough staff were forking and treading on the divots at half time :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Flares don't harm anyone as long as nobody catches fire , probably there'll be some at Southampton and at our promotion party at Notts County :wink: :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This thread isn't split in to stands though. How many 7 or 8 year olds are there in the H block?

Flares are amazing to see at an evening game. But only in the right areas. Family stand/next to a kid is not the right area but surrounded by teenagers and fans who are having a different kind of experience (ala H block lot) is a bit more acceptable morally if not officially.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I won't condone coin throwing or the flares but I think most people are getting fed up with over zealous stewarding and ridiculous control measures being put in place, not only in football but in life in general. So I have had a silly idea..................

What if all those wanting to have a 'more lively' experience at football took up a disguise? Not fake beards and comedy clown noses, but we all started wearing fluro yellow jackets. They could be builders jackets, motorcycling vests, road workers jackets, anything as long as it is fluro yellow. Then once the stewards get the hump at people standing up or singing slightly offensive songs they would have to move into an area populated by people looking just like them. This could lead to all sorts of confusion and merriment at the little Hitler's problems, could be fun?

I now await my flaming............

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I won't condone coin throwing or the flares but I think most people are getting fed up with over zealous stewarding and ridiculous control measures being put in place, not only in football but in life in general. So I have had a silly idea..................

What if all those wanting to have a 'more lively' experience at football took up a disguise? Not fake beards and comedy clown noses, but we all started wearing fluro yellow jackets. They could be builders jackets, motorcycling vests, road workers jackets, anything as long as it is fluro yellow. Then once the stewards get the hump at people standing up or singing slightly offensive songs they would have to move into an area populated by people looking just like them. This could lead to all sorts of confusion and merriment at the little Hitler's problems, could be fun?

I now await my flaming............

I went to a stadium recently, I can't for the life of me remember where, and it said next to the turnstiles 'no florescent clothing' on the list of banned things. I kid you not.

I can't for the life of me remember where it was though...

Feb 14, 2010
Bloody idiot. So if customers wanted to take knives to games you'd so "let them do it because that's what the customer wants" ? Flares are DANGEROUS and like someone else posted, if someone lit one near my children they'd soon find out how hot flares get. :tosser:

The world does not revolve around your 7 year old for the rest of us and his rights end where ours begin. Just think on . Take him to the family stand but leave the rest of the customers alone to stand, sing and use flares. Oh and as a parent then I hope you are teaching him better manners than you are showing, no need for insuts

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
When the game at Southampton takes place I know for a fact that the Brighton fans are going to be heavily policed and stewarded owing to recent events. I suggest that if someone near you tries to light a flare you punch their f***ing lights out. If it continues we are going to be end up being fined and having our capacity reduced. It's not like people have not been warned. Football is a business, covered by regulations. People need to understand that the overall good of the business is going to be the over-riding factor when it comes to how things are done. That is, 95% of fans want to go and watch a match within the regulations. The 5%, because it is only a small minority who think that they are reclaiming a working class sport, are the ones that clubs do not want - and will actively attempt to remove.

I said before - if you cock about at Southampton you will be removed. You will be videoed and you have a very high chance of the regulations being enforced fully on you - ie banning orders and the club paying the price.

This is not something that is even worth debating or arguing - the club statements have been made, the regulations have been published and they will be enforced. If you want to make a martyr of yourself then you are going to end up f***ing things up. So, if you see someone who has their own agenda and not the best intentions for the club - have a word before the FA does.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like flares very much and when used responsibly they are not dangerous at all.

Feb 14, 2010
When the game at Southampton takes place I know for a fact that the Brighton fans are going to be heavily policed and stewarded owing to recent events. I suggest that if someone near you tries to light a flare you punch their f***ing lights out. If it continues we are going to be end up being fined and having our capacity reduced. It's not like people have not been warned. Football is a business, covered by regulations. People need to understand that the overall good of the business is going to be the over-riding factor when it comes to how things are done. That is, 95% of fans want to go and watch a match within the regulations. The 5%, because it is only a small minority who think that they are reclaiming a working class sport, are the ones that clubs do not want - and will actively attempt to remove.

I said before - if you cock about at Southampton you will be removed. You will be videoed and you have a very high chance of the regulations being enforced fully on you - ie banning orders and the club paying the price.

This is not something that is even worth debating or arguing - the club statements have been made, the regulations have been published and they will be enforced. If you want to make a martyr of yourself then you are going to end up f***ing things up. So, if you see someone who has their own agenda and not the best intentions for the club - have a word before the FA does.

What a theatening agressive attitude to people that want to enjoy themselves. You dont work for a football club do you? If so then go on a customer relations course and understand that ustomer is king.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yep - I train stewards. We follow the laws and rules that have been laid down and that 95% of the supporters want to follow. You can't do that - don't go. It really is that simple. The customer is king - the 95% of them. Enjoy yourself jumping off motorway bridges - that's against the law as well, but hey, who's to stop you having fun?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the stewards wade in heavy handed on Tuesday night because fans are standing up , its bound to kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here