Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell Dunk in January

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
We did it against Leeds away, when GG was awful and made the change before half-time with the BFG replacing him.

Tonight when Dunk got that stupid yellow, he should of been replaced straight away!!

But tonight Lewis, hang your head in shame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All of a sudden I really miss NSC getting it's panties moist over non autographing parent footballers.

There's no pleasing some people.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes, he let us down badly tonight, but there is no need to sell him -don't forget his tackle late on v Derby. He will hopefully learn from this, well - you would like to think so! Down to the bare bones even more so on Saturday due to his recklessness. So very frustrating again.
He was the same last season and hasn't changed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Standard Terry Berry bullshit.
Dunk had to go for the ball thre. These things happen.
He's not brilliant, but he's done fine this season.

Nice that NSC has someone/something to moan about after a half-season lack of bedwetting material.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Nice that NSC has someone/something to moan about after a half-season lack of bedwetting material.

He never had to go for the ball. Not like that knowing full well he would get a red. He does it way too often

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Dunk makes reckless mistakes every game and too often we get punished for it. The silver lining from tonight is that we got a point I would have settled with from the start and importantly we've got Uwe back in the starting line up for the big game on Saturday now. I hope Uwe turns in the consistent performances to keep Dunk on the bench for the rest of the season now

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's the reason that he's still at a Championship club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is one positive about tonight's sending off -

It's Tuesday.

That means we won't be subjected to Virgo telling the country exactly what he would have done better.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Poor decision making tonight for both challenges.

However, when all the dust has settled, we've taken another point away at one of our rivals.

With 2 games to go until the halfway point, we're still unbeaten.

There are far more positives here overall.

Up the Albion.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Hughton needs to give him a bollocking. Greer needs to give him a bollocking. The bit that got me was the shove after the foul, he lost his temper and that's not on.

He'll come back better for this, but tonight he cost us two vital points.

"he cost us two vital points"

AS did Greer on Saturday

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I actually thought Lewis had a brilliant game tonight.......Then all of a sudden near he end, it looked like he was intentionally looking to get sent off. Both fouls were stupid. It seems to me like when he is on TV he feels the need to make himself the talking point.

I am gonna hazard a guess here and this is pure speculation on my part. I have no inside knowledge on anything but I have a feeling his Agent has probably been contacted and advised that a bid is going to come in for him in January and he needs to make sure he doesn't get injured between now and than.

Just a guess but he just looked intent in getting sent off late in the game tonight.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Let's hope it isn't feel good factor that gets you success. As some people on here will prevent us from ever doing well.

Autograph gate and Lewis Dunk? Can these moaners concentrate on the boxing, politics, and other subjects away from the amazing Achievements of our team.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Yes, he let us down badly tonight, but there is no need to sell him -don't forget his tackle late on v Derby. He will hopefully learn from this, well - you would like to think so! Down to the bare bones even more so on Saturday due to his recklessness. So very frustrating again.

Reminds me of Barnes... Very good player and then will just go and do something stupid, sloppy and petulant and undo all the good work he has done

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dunk should be fined 2 weeks wages at the very least for losing his head tonight and he should be told to grow up. We could easily have lost that game primarily because of his stupidity. It's not good enough.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I actually thought Lewis had a brilliant game tonight.......Then all of a sudden near he end, it looked like he was intentionally looking to get sent off. Both fouls were stupid. It seems to me like when he is on TV he feels the need to make himself the talking point.

I am gonna hazard a guess here and this is pure speculation on my part. I have no inside knowledge on anything but I have a feeling his Agent has probably been contacted and advised that a bid is going to come in for him in January and he needs to make sure he doesn't get injured between now and than.

Just a guess but he just looked intent in getting sent off late in the game tonight.

Sorry Noo, I really do like your posts, but that is a crock of shite!! [emoji3]

He is just prone to chasing the ball a little too much, and lacks concentration, so when he makes an error i.e, second booking, he was just trying too hard to win the ball back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"he cost us two vital points"

AS did Greer on Saturday

I don't hold Greer personally culpable to the same extent. One player had to make a tackle in the penalty are, the other lost his head twice well away from the danger zone and got sent off.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Now that is food for thought.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh yes, a lynch thread. normal service is resumed.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Take your Albion goggles off.

If that challenge had been on one of our players, everyone on here would have ballistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here