Sell Dunk in January

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Very good player who is completely incapable of challenging for a header without putting 2 hands into the back of his opponent. I really hope we sell him and really wish we had taken the 5 mill when it was on the table. Can't imagine anyone offering anything like that these days.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I Think Dunk got the ball first. He is one of our best players. Sick that the errors occur right now but sell? I don't think so

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Dunk should be fined 2 weeks wages at the very least for losing his head tonight and he should be told to grow up. We could easily have lost that game primarily because of his stupidity. It's not good enough.

Well said.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I Think Dunk got the ball first. He is one of our best players. Sick that the errors occur right now but sell? I don't think so

Just because he got a touch on the ball does not make it a good challenge. It was a dangerous lunge that could have got a straight red.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Footballer in making mistakes shock.

Some people just aren't happy unless they've something to moan about. Or they've never had errors of judgement when doing their job or taking part in something.

Some people are just ***** as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow imagine what these knee-jerker a will be like when we lose :lol:

Woeful thread.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh **** off knockers. This team is truly in it together and we need to back every single one of our players. Shit happens but that's now 21, TWENTY ONE games unbeaten and Lewis Dunk has been a massive part of that.

Yep, i seem to remember him doing a few last ditch tackles that have saved almost certain goals. Three match ban will do him good. The first tackle was foolish, the second was mistimed by a player totally committed to the cause.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry Noo, I really do like your posts, but that is a crock of shite!! [emoji3]
He is just prone to chasing the ball a little too much, and lacks concentration, so when he makes an error i.e, second booking, he was just trying too hard to win the ball back.

As I said - its just a hunch. I just thought the positions he gave the fouls away were silly and I have seen players do daft things to get a move away.

I remember years ago Aston Villa blocking the sale of Ugo Ehiogu when he wanted a move. Then all of a sudden there was an article in News of the World or something like that where he slated Villa on numerous fronts - And then when I asked him about his article on why he did it he said '' My Agent suggested it'' because it was the only thing that would piss Villa off enough to sell him. And he duly got a move to Middlsebrough.

Lewis had his head filled with nonsense in the close season about transfers. Then all of a sudden the transfer window is coming up again. Perhaps I am overly suspicious and reading to much into things which might not be there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am not SURE that a yellow was deserved for the last challenge, 50/50 ball in my opinion. It was an ill thought out challenge by someone already on a booking but in that moment of the game they is not a lot of time to think things through. The reaction by the QPR player added to the perceived malice in the challenge, as did LD's petulance after the player challenged him. This will be the last time Dunk acts so rashly as he has now seen the consequences.

Proud as proud can be of what we have achieved this season, but so far this is the low point. We should be 4 points better off from just the last two games but we now find ourselves behind Boro, we should be 10 points out in front if we had just saved two thirds of the points we have surrendered so far. Oh well, onwards and upwards!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yep, i seem to remember him doing a few last ditch tackles that have saved almost certain goals. Three match ban will do him good. The first tackle was foolish, the second was mistimed by a player totally committed to the cause.
Far too well thought out and sensible a post for NSC !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't open them. Did you get confused with the 'Sell Dunk in January' title.

In fairness, it could have been a poorly worded title for a thread that was about selling something to Dunk, like an unwanted Christmas present, or something.

"In January, I will sell Dunk the silly Christmas jumper my other half gets me every year"

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thought the ref was right, though surprised the QPR player didn't follow for retaliation.

Agreed. It was definite yellow, but it wasn't a straight-red challenge so I don't see why we'd have been going ballistic about it (which I realise someone other than you said)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Agreed. It was definite yellow, but it wasn't a straight-red challenge so I don't see why we'd have been going ballistic about it (which I realise someone other than you said)

Wasn't the red following a second yellow ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports