Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell Dunk in January

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The club has always said we wouldn't stop a player moving up.

But we did with Stephens.

The club broke it's own ethos there. Shit thing to do. I like Stephens. We need him. I didn't want him to go.

We've broken our own rule on that one. I can't see Stephens signing a new contract with us. Promotion or not. The morals of it are key.

Maybe - maybe not. There would be - or at least ought to be - a caveat to 'not stopping a player moving up', which would be the buying club matching the Albion's valuation of any given player. It would have to be a deal which would be satisfactory to all parties - not just a case the Albion letting Stephens (in this instance) go merely because Burnley are a PL club.

Of course, we don't KNOW what the club's market valuation (bleurgh!) of Dale Stephens might be, but if Burnley truly wanted Stephens, they would have met that valuation.

Would the Albion stop Stephens moving purely out of spite? Can't see that happening.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Maybe - maybe not. There would be - or at least ought to be - a caveat to 'not stopping a player moving up', which would be the buying club matching the Albion's valuation of any given player. It would have to be a deal which would be satisfactory to all parties - not just a case the Albion letting Stephens (in this instance) go merely because Burnley are a PL club.

Of course, we don't KNOW what the club's market valuation (bleurgh!) of Dale Stephens might be, but if Burnley truly wanted Stephens, they would have met that valuation.

Would the Albion stop Stephens moving purely out of spite? Can't see that happening.

The club quite rightly didn't sell Stephens, TB and PB are business men! I think they know that this season is the season!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
But if Villa get rid of RDM, Hughton will surely be on their list!

That maybe the case, but why would CH want to go to club that has lost its soul and identity, by selling out to another parasitic Chinese take over, who only want a monetary foothold in the UK.
ALBION is a club with a soul, owned by a fan and only going in one direction.....UP.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We as supporters are not privy to conversations between player/agent and the club. So a compromise may or may not have been reached that we dont know of.. I wouldnt want any player to leave to go to a lower or midtable premier or to another championship challenger but would have no objection if it was a deemed top 6 club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why on earth should we sell Dunk in January ?

He's here for the season at least I reckon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dunk will go in the summer if we don't go up. TB won't sell in January. Suspect Dunk's new contract allows for this subject to a massive pile of cash being paid and only by a top half (at least) team.

As for CH to AV, can't see that happening at all. Swap what he's got here for a basket-case of a club (and owner) going rapidly downhill ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why on earth should we sell Dunk in January ?

He's here for the season at least I reckon.

I'd be amazed if the club sold Dunk, and/or for that matter Knockaert, in January.

But if their form continues, esp Dunk, I'd also be surprised if the club doesn't receive proper offers.

Where Dunk's concerned I mean, top end of the Premier League, in excess of £20m, early in the window.
Not pissing around over £500,000, on the 30th January, with a team 4 places above us, who happen to be in a different division.

If that were to happen I don't think anyone would be able to predict the outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here