Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seems some of our support are bottling it,

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
ON what basis is the evidence provided? - he hasn't so far in 2 seasons in the championship and has proved that he lacks the nous to come back from behind? - I can tell you this for nothing, you may well have patience to put up with it but I am certain the remaing 23,000 season ticket holders won't all agree with you.. keep asking for more from the fans and the pressure will keep going up and up on the manager.

We would be mad not to give him a 3rd season at this level,his team and style are set up as such we could well end up relegated if the wrong manager took over.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Any suggestions? i could do about 3 minutes at championship pace,then i'd need to take a Fag break

About 2 more than me then.

Jeff Minton was absolutely outstanding that day against Wigan,one of the best Albion player performances i can ever remember.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, it is HIS TEAM. He gets the players, trains the players, picks the team, and tells them how he wants the to play.

You can be unlucky once in a while, and in fairness, Watford was that sort of game. The last three games are a repeat of last year's disgrace.

We need more British players who can fight for a win on a cold old night. You can poke this latin "flair" right up your arse Poyet!

You voting UKIP?

I take it you will be telling Zola to send the majority of his side back home as well then

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Need to keep a slight sense of proportion here.

This is a very open division - as evidenced that Barnsley have taken 20 points from last 10 games - auto promo form while Middlesbrough have taken 7, leicester 12. Bolton are on a charge but four of their winning streak of 5 games have been at home.

It can turn very qucikly - Albion been a little unlucky to pitch up against three teams all on a good run - forget BCFC and Barnsley's position, they have brought in new management and new players (barnsley) to turn it round. On other hand, we were very lucky at cardiff, could easily have dropped 2 points v Burnley and were unconvincing for 70 minutes v Huddersfield.

Gus's job is to keep focus. Forest and Bolton may have a bad run in next few games and e need to be on form to take advantage.

So reading that the sense of proportion is that the games we have lost/drawn have been about right and the ones we won lucky. Therefore we are not playing well at all and our form, poor. I tend to agree with this and expect us to finish like we did last season.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We beat Wigan and we were bottom of the entire football league in 1997 they were top in April that season....my god its not worth turning up for the rest of the season now.

You really are a happy clappy googlewit are you not? I will support the club till my end, I will support the team as long as they have passion, I will support the manager for as long as he can realistically take us forward.

You? You will support Gus for ever cos he got us out of League 1, loser.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I have to say that I think the players have bottled it. You need character to come back when you are behind, you need balls to score penalties, you need to keep going until the end. We have lacked this far too often in the past couple of years.

it makes me think of the likes of Oatway, Cullip and carpenter, lesser players no doubt but fighters, winners with a never say die attitude. We're a soft touch and I have no doubt Palace will want it more on Sunday.

I would agree with this, but the players implement the game plan set by the manager. How many times did I see cms looking for the through ball and how many times did it not come, never infact. he s survived on scraps. Passing game, boring going backwards and sidewards game. mental strenghth, if you don't make the playoffs Gus forget Chelsea, Arsenal jobs et al. Too many guys not standing up when it counts, too many guys looking to cheat the ref by falling over... managers tactics. Its about mental strength, hold your nerve,

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You voting UKIP?

I take it you will be telling Zola to send the majority of his side back home as well then

What has politics to do with anything?

Zola looks at different types of players to Poyet - they have pace and physical strength. Two things that we are seriously lacking.

Add to that the fact I actually like Zola, even from his Chelsea days, and have never liked Poyet, then I can put up with Zola and his team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What has politics to do with anything?

Zola looks at different types of players to Poyet - they have pace and physical strength. Two things that we are seriously lacking.

Add to that the fact I actually like Zola, even from his Chelsea days, and have never liked Poyet, then I can put up with Zola and his team.

The politics was tongue in cheek...and its obvious you dont like poyet most of your posts are castigating him..so really you have a natural bias to hating the manager..hardly makes your view subjective..and before you say it ..no i dont think he;s perfect...far from it ..but he is a darn sight better than you give him credit for....end of

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The politics was tongue in cheek...and its obvious you dont like poyet most of your posts are castigating him..so really you have a natural bias to hating the manager..hardly makes your view subjective..and before you say it ..no i dont think he;s perfect...far from it ..but he is a darn sight better than you give him credit for....end of

So, now you have that off of your chest, do you agree with the observations about their respective choice of players?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we are fortunate enough to have Gus Poyet want to stay another season here,we should be very grateful-i guess only time will tell but i promise you this,Gus will deliver.
This

Fingers crossed anyway.

It'll mean we can then go straight to Manager Calde without needing an interim manager.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
i must stop coming on here reading this doom n gloom ffs we cud still be at withdean under slade at the bottom of league one! anyone wud think that we have had a crap season! there will be ebbing n flowing right the way to last game of the season im sure

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We are WEAK mentally amd have a SOFT underbelly.

SPINELESS is our watchword.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Ok here goes, as quick as possible because I need to get out the house by 9 and I'm still in bed.
Orlandi, sorry but not up to it. Has great moments of skill but he isn't a player with presence and doesn't make a tackle, too many of his tricks don't come off and he is prone to missing open goals.
El Abd, performances have gotten worse since his partnership with Upson. Going back to being prone to a defensive balls up like 5 years ago.
Hammond is too inconsistent. Can have a superb game but just doesn't impose himself on the game enough, however he seemed to excell when doing the Bridcutt role.
Bridcutt, not influencing the game enough for me, started before his ban and since he came back, not the same player as 6 months ago.
Vicente, unbelievable player but need to be in the side when we are at home and in control.
Calde is decent but will be exposed by pace.
Barnes don't get me started!

These are the players that I think are either under performing or not up to it.
The team in general seems to lack concentration, all goals against this year have almost always come on the break against the run of play, usually after a guilt edged chance at the other end. Something is wrong with Gus's team.
The squad are better than they are playing but some just shouldn't be there.

Sundays game is feeling more and more like an unwanted hospital appointment.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
i must stop coming on here reading this doom n gloom ffs we cud still be at withdean under slade at the bottom of league one! Anyone wud think that we have had a crap season! There will be ebbing n flowing right the way to last game of the season im sure

The old withdean flannel:facepalm: MOVE ON FELLA:blush:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The old withdean flannel:facepalm: MOVE ON FELLA:blush:

I'm sure he has moved on...but it doesn't mean he's moved on to where you are...we're u expecting instant success? Football does work that way sunshine...and this is a hard league ...ask Wolves fans..they must be all committing suicide over there and would love to be where we are

Last edited:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I disagree with the money spent side of the argument. We have picked up lots of players on a free transfer only proper signings in terms of money have been crofts and Ulloa. Crofts has been injured a lot unfortunately, and I think Ulloa has scored 5 or 6 goals since January ?
Blackburn , Cardiff, hull, Leicester, forest all spent far more than us. And Udinese are in a league above us.
We are about right level for our playing budget.
Sometimes we win, sometimes we loose. Mostly we draw. We will end up finishing either 6th 7th or 8th. Which is par for the course in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here