Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seems some of our support are bottling it,

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Why are we blaming Poyet? He's doing a good job. It's the players that have bottled it.

No, it is HIS TEAM. He gets the players, trains the players, picks the team, and tells them how he wants the to play.

You can be unlucky once in a while, and in fairness, Watford was that sort of game. The last three games are a repeat of last year's disgrace.

We need more British players who can fight for a win on a cold old night. You can poke this latin "flair" right up your arse Poyet!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's not a case of supporters bottling it, more a case of the team just not being consistent enough. How many times this season can we actually say they all played well? I just have a nasty feeling a lot of people won't bother on Sunday, now. After the humiliation of last year they won't want to see a repeat!

You would make a superb dictionary...........

Please give me a definition of bottling it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have to say that I think the players have bottled it. You need character to come back when you are behind, you need balls to score penalties, you need to keep going until the end. We have lacked this far too often in the past couple of years.

it makes me think of the likes of Oatway, Cullip and carpenter, lesser players no doubt but fighters, winners with a never say die attitude. We're a soft touch and I have no doubt Palace will want it more on Sunday.

I'd disagree re the penalty bit....u need a pair of balls to step up to take one in the first place

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I vote Zeb gives the team talk ...50 lashes if they lose

But in all seriousness Lamie the team really do need to show that they mean business on Sunday. A similar performance to last year against Palace just won't cut the mustard.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, it is HIS TEAM. He gets the players, trains the players, picks the team, and tells them how he wants the to play.

You can be unlucky once in a while, and in fairness, Watford was that sort of game. The last three games are a repeat of last year's disgrace.

We need more British players who can fight for a win on a cold old night. You can poke this latin "flair" right up your arse Poyet!

But PP u'd be slating Poyet even if we were champions lol

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But in all seriousness Lamie the team really do need to show that they mean business on Sunday. A similar performance to last year against Palace just won't cut the mustard.

first half continued to 90 minutes would

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Zeb right now I'm trying not to even think about it....football is such a roller coaster of emotions ...and can kick u in the nuts at times like this.

Come Sunday I'll be caring like u.....and yes I'll be expecting them to sweat blood ...as although we were one nil up until those last ten minutes they were in truth running us off the park... Time to regroup ..lick our wounds and go again

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Juicy 3 points were predicted against both lowly Bristol C and lowly Barnsley by many on here, and at least a draw at the Reebok, and instead an awful tour, more than undoing the Ulloa show against Huddersfield.

TB cannot be expected to sustain generous subsidising of the investment in players and wages, based on everything the expert Gus tells him, and then suffer a second damp squib season ending in a row. It would be no surprise at all if he replaced Gus in May.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We are going to get well and truly googled on Sunday. If we get tonked, surely Gus has got to do the honorable thing......Good enough for Chelsea? Dream the **** on pal.

The wheels on the Gus bus well and truly fell off tonight. Thing is, what is he going to be able to do to put them back on???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Zeb right now I'm trying not to even think about it....football is such a roller coaster of emotions ...and can kick u in the nuts at times like this.

Come Sunday I'll be caring like u.....and yes I'll be expecting them to sweat blood ...as although we were one nil up until those last ten minutes they were in truth running us off the park... Time to regroup ..lick our wounds and go again

You're right of course but for some reason tonight hurts a lot more than some of our other defeats.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Juicy 3 points were predicted against both lowly Bristol C and lowly Barnsley by many on here, and at least a draw at the Reebok, and instead an awful tour, more than undoing the Ulloa show against Huddersfield.

TB cannot be expected to sustain generous subsidising of the investment in players and wages, based on everything the expert Gus tells him, and then suffer a second damp squib season ending in a row. It would be no surprise at all if he replaced Gus in May.

If we are fortunate enough to have Gus Poyet want to stay another season here,we should be very grateful-i guess only time will tell but i promise you this,Gus will deliver.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're right of course but for some reason tonight hurts a lot more than some of our other defeats.

Missed pen doesn't help....and the knowledge that one point and we would have been back in top six.

How many times has it been said any team can bear each other on any given day in this league....thing is to not get carried away when we win and vice versa ...no excuse ...but it happens ...important thing is win Sunday then there is a two week break

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Need to keep a slight sense of proportion here.

This is a very open division - as evidenced that Barnsley have taken 20 points from last 10 games - auto promo form while Middlesbrough have taken 7, leicester 12. Bolton are on a charge but four of their winning streak of 5 games have been at home.

It can turn very qucikly - Albion been a little unlucky to pitch up against three teams all on a good run - forget BCFC and Barnsley's position, they have brought in new management and new players (barnsley) to turn it round. On other hand, we were very lucky at cardiff, could easily have dropped 2 points v Burnley and were unconvincing for 70 minutes v Huddersfield.

Gus's job is to keep focus. Forest and Bolton may have a bad run in next few games and e need to be on form to take advantage.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
If we are fortunate enough to have Gus Poyet want to stay another season here,we should be very grateful-i guess only time will tell but i promise you this,Gus will deliver.

ON what basis is the evidence provided? - he hasn't so far in 2 seasons in the championship and has proved that he lacks the nous to come back from behind? - I can tell you this for nothing, you may well have patience to put up with it but I am certain the remaing 23,000 season ticket holders won't all agree with you.. keep asking for more from the fans and the pressure will keep going up and up on the manager.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We beat Wigan and we were bottom of the entire football league in 1997 they were top in April that season....my god its not worth turning up for the rest of the season now.

We havnt got Craig Maskell to head one in the top corner this time though!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We havnt got Craig Maskell to head one in the top corner this time though!

Any suggestions? i could do about 3 minutes at championship pace,then i'd need to take a Fag break

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here