Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Carole to get weekly rolling contract...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It was a shit performance by everyone that day - we've had some shockers over the last few years but that was as bad as any of them.

I cannot believe anyone is saying that Carole wasn't quality for us the first time round. He left us to go to the biggest club in the division, and we were all seriously gutted. Lets see what he can do, and hopefully we can see this thread bounced in a few weeks time making several people look like twats!

Amen to that. :thumbsup:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
It was a shit performance by everyone that day - we've had some shockers over the last few years but that was as bad as any of them.

I cannot believe anyone is saying that Carole wasn't quality for us the first time round. He left us to go to the biggest club in the division, and we were all seriously gutted. Lets see what he can do, and hopefully we can see this thread bounced in a few weeks time making several people look like twats!

very well said. there are some people with very short memories here!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seb Carole looked a very good player in very small patches. Maybe a proper Manager can get the best out of him. I think it will be the same again. It is up to him. I think he has the talent for Division One, even the bottom end of the Championship. ? on whether I would prefer him or Gart Hart on the bench ?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Cracking use of Poyet's "amazing contacts" so fair. A player flogged at him by Dean Cox's agent, and a player who's been here twice already, the second time disasterously, and who Poyet worked with at Leeds.

Shambles.

Yeah, and the first time he was brilliant.

Great signing in my opinion, he's a cut above this division.

Could be a very useful provider.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Not exactly happy but perhaps a better option than Cox. Lets give him a chance atleast

The cognoscenti don't give chances. They know what is going to happen with a player before he evern pulls on the stripes. They know EVERYTHING.

It's not unheard of for players to play well under one manager and badly under another. Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp have made careers out of transforming seemingly average players. Maybe this will be the case; who knows?

He's on a weekly contract, gives us cover on both flanks and has performed for us in the past at a higher level. Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
On reflection, I'm not that bothered by Carole. he's only on a week to week, if (when) he's GASH, we can cut him loose.

I like the fact he has REPETITIVELY shown active interest in playing for Brighton, while some people on here fawn about players who we "REALLY NEED" but they cannot be arsed with a tinpot South Coast club with no under-changing-room-benches heating or laundry.

Carole has been here and been back for more - RESPECT, you muthafuckas

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I like the fact he has REPETITIVELY shown active interest in playing for Brighton, while some people on here fawn about players who we "REALLY NEED" but they cannot be arsed with a tinpot South Coast club with no under-changing-room-benches heating or laundry.

That's a very good point... we lose nothing with a weekly rolling contract

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

neatly put :thumbsup:

I think he is most likely to be challenging Cox for a place when we want width

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Looked OK when first signed but never (and won't ever IMHO) ever improve. Decent sub to change a game if he is hungry to play and impress but will he be? I have my doubts. Then again with his contract it's a low risk move.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nothing tends to focus the mind on performing better than only having a job next week if you do.

Carole was one of our best players first time round, intelligent and skillful with a lot of heart. I'm prepared to give him a proper chance again.

As has been mentioned playing for the right Manager can make a massive difference and I have a good feeling about this descision.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You know exactly what's going to happen.

He will play at a blinder at Villa and they will sign him on the basis of a single performance.

He will start off well, but then the fans will get on his back and he will drop out of the team.

Expect him back at Brighton in 2 or 3 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here