Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Carole to get weekly rolling contract...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think that in the 2006/07 season when he was at Leeds with Wise & Poyet he had the most assists in the Leeds squad.

I rest my case. What has he ever actually done for us?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He's ok to bring on in the second half to run at a tiring full back, but as a long term solution I don't think Carole will be a worthwhile signing.

Small matter of Elliott Bennett, who is miles better than BOTH of them.

Why we need 3 right wingers I don't know, when we have only McLeod to play on the left.

Still, I'll go along with the "must agree with whatever Poyet does because he is new, foreign, flair and not Adams or Slade" approach, and ignore the fact that he has just made a shit signing. Thank god it's only on a weekly basis.

Oh, and I'll also ignore the fact that Poyet's signings have all been freebies so far, so we can kid ourselves that Bloom has given Gus £4 million to spend.

For once, I have to agree with you.

Thus far we have signed a 2nd division Spanish right back who no one wanted for 6 months and now we have signed a player who was awful last season and is a defensive liability.

We still don't have a left footed left winger and have we improved the squad or brought in better than what we have? no.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He'll be on minimal wages... and a week by week contract. So really we have nothing to lose. If he turns out to be horse turd then we can easily ship him out.

But if we have championship ambition we need to get some real quality in!

So far Carole and Calderon are not the money spinning transfers we all expected!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He'll be on minimal wages... and a week by week contract. So really we have nothing to lose. If he turns out to be horse turd then we can easily ship him out.

But if we have championship ambition we need to get some real quality in!

So far Carole and Calderon are not the money spinning transfers we all expected!

What money? Why do you think Brighton have a load of money to spend?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We didnt need a right winger! As withdean wanderer says, we have three already, and i believe 2 of those are easily better than Carole (cox and Bennet) which takes a lot to say as i dont rate cox at all. What we needed was a left winger, and we are still lacking that position, i dont see why we dont focus on those positions instead of ones we are already strong in. Im more than happy to give the right back from spain a chance, but this carole signing is dissapointing, even if we do have nothing to loose. If the idea is to play Carole on the left, it still leaves us with the same problem, imbalance and players being played out of position.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What money? Why do you think Brighton have a load of money to spend?

I didnt say we have loads of money. but so far have spent ZERO.

I am hopeful that calderon and carole will do well, but any club that has championship ambitions should have the ability to spend at least a little money on transfers.

but i guess its early days.. so who knows what the window will bring.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
There is the possibility that Gus is playing the transfer game very astutely & not showing we have no options & nobody in place therefore not leaving us wide open to getting scalped by Hartlepool or whoever we are negotiating with over players. Maybe.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
I liked Carole the first time, however I do think that we are taking a backwards step. But this does lead me to believe that Bennett will not be with us come Febuary 1st

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I totally agree with murraymints and Withdean Wanderer. Poyet said in his own words we needed a left sided midfielder and an experienced centre back so what are these signings about. Sounds like jobs for the boys, Poyet knows Carole and has intimated he knows the RB. Does that cloud his judgement here? Again, dissapointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here