Seb Carole to get weekly rolling contract...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
I will NEVER forget the way he played at MK Dons last season. Absolute shithouse.

Hopefully he gets a chance to prove something, but I really can't see the point in this.

Worst substitute appearance I think I've ever seen! I remember at one point him trying to do a skill on the wing by the half way line, no players around him. He then fell over the ball leading to a player 10 yards away running over and taking the ball :lolol:
Awful.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Worst substitute appearance I think I've ever seen! I remember at one point him trying to do a skill on the wing by the half way line, no players around him. He then fell over the ball leading to a player 10 yards away running over and taking the ball :lolol:
Awful.

It was a shit performance by everyone that day - we've had some shockers over the last few years but that was as bad as any of them.

I cannot believe anyone is saying that Carole wasn't quality for us the first time round. He left us to go to the biggest club in the division, and we were all seriously gutted. Lets see what he can do, and hopefully we can see this thread bounced in a few weeks time making several people look like twats!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Awful.

Was it not that game where he turned to volley the ball, missed it, then kicked their player in the balls? One of the Withdean highlights from last season surely.

It is the 9th January people, calm down. We won't be playing again until Villa at the earliest so no need to panic. Poyet will not take us down, his record is played 12 won 6, better than any of our last three managers.

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
A signing that we have nothing to lose by making, his first spell with us he was excellent, he and CKR were the only players worth mentioning from 05/06 in an attacking sense, he did well at leeds under wise and poyet and if Gus can get the best out of him and make him realise his potential then it will be a quality signing, if it doesn't work out then its easy to release him and move on. He could be a very useful impact player, give him a chance!!

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Was it not that game where he turned to volley the ball, missed it, then kicked their player in the balls? One of the Withdean highlights from last season surely.

I remember that, so funny :lolol:
Well the incident I mentioned was away at MK Dons so can't remember whether the incident you mentioned was on the same day.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No, it was at home so can't have been MK Dons. I'm confusing myself now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Poor signing... as Gus said, we need player that will improve the team... nobody is going to tell me Carole is better than Bennett...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Short memories. He was fantastic first time round. He played sensationally against Peterborough, a team heading for promotion - in the first half last season - ran them ragged and then got tired. I just felt he lacked a little in the overall fitness department.

IMHO a good signing on good terms for us. We have nothing to lose.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Yes thanks. Went to pretty much all the gmes home and away. Beating the same man 3 times then doing nothing is a good way to fool idiots

from what i remember he was beating more than 1 man, and the need to do it more than once was down to noone helping him out... dicker, crofts & bennett are always looking for the ball.

even if you are proved right and thats all he can do, i still cannot see how we can lose anything?! 2-3 shit weeks & we would release him.

get behind the manager or dont bother coming.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
from what i remember he was beating more than 1 man, and the need to do it more than once was down to noone helping him out... dicker, crofts & bennett are always looking for the ball.

even if you are proved right and thats all he can do, i still cannot see how we can lose anything?! 2-3 shit weeks & we would release him.

get behind the manager or dont bother coming.

what he said :clap::clap:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am behind the manager, but it doesn't mean I am not entitled to my opinion if I think he has made a HUGE mistake...

Oh, and I agree Carole was great 1st time round, but his second stint = 1 good game then poor then correctly dropped... ANY money wasted on a 3rd is just that, a waste of money...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports