Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewal Letter

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't like that they are claiming it's a price freeze. It isn't. We all have to pay £30 more, yes, we get more for the money, but having to pay more isn't a price freeze, not for those of us who didn't buy the travel vouchers. (I'm not complaining about the inclusion of travel vouchers in the season ticket, just the way I'm being told there's no price increase, yet I'm going to have to pay more). Be honest, is all I'm saying. Unless you are offering just season tickets without travel vouchers - are they?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
No matter. If existing punters can't find an extra £15 to £20 a month, there'll be plenty of JCLs who will.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like that they are claiming it's a price freeze. It isn't. We all have to pay £30 more, yes, we get more for the money, but having to pay more isn't a price freeze, not for those of us who didn't buy the travel vouchers. (I'm not complaining about the inclusion of travel vouchers in the season ticket, just the way I'm being told there's no price increase, yet I'm going to have to pay more). Be honest, is all I'm saying. Unless you are offering just season tickets without travel vouchers - are they?

Nope. If you buy a season ticket, then part of that cost incorporates a contribution to fund the clubs travel scheme.

Personally I'm delighted. I'll actually be paying £15 less than last year, as I won't have to buy a full price book of vouchers for my 16 year old. AND I don't have to faff about with pointless tickets.

Well done the club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nope. If you buy a season ticket, then part of that cost incorporates a contribution to fund the clubs travel scheme.

Personally I'm delighted. I'll actually be paying £15 less than last year, as I won't have to buy a full price book of vouchers for my 16 year old. AND I don't have to faff about with pointless tickets.

Well done the club.

I like that they are including travel vouchers, and I don't expect that to be free. I haven't liked the idea that some fans were using the buses on season tickets thinking that if the driver lets them it's fine to do. I assumed the club always had to pay, and perhaps were having to pay for these people (i.e. that the bus company says "we had x amount of fans on the buses you owe us £X" and so the club would be out of pocket. Maybe it doesn't work that way, but I've always assumed it did).

I just think the way it's being presented as a price freeze is at best misleading, at worst outright deceit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like that they are including travel vouchers, and I don't expect that to be free. I haven't liked the idea that some fans were using the buses on season tickets thinking that if the driver lets them it's fine to do. I assumed the club always had to pay, and perhaps were having to pay for these people (i.e. that the bus company says "we had x amount of fans on the buses you owe us £X" and so the club would be out of pocket. Maybe it doesn't work that way, but I've always assumed it did).

I just think the way it's being presented as a price freeze is at best misleading, at worst outright deceit.

But it IS a price freeze on the cost of each match. I'm not paying any more this season than I did last season (in fact I'm paying less).

Its only those who didn't buy travel vouchers who are seeing an increase. At least it addresses the thieving fare-dodgers who are blagging their way through this season. For those who don't need or use the travel voucher aspect, I think you just have to accept that its for the Greater Good. It was always an integral part of HOW we got this stadium, and it'll also be crucial in getting the expansion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But it IS a price freeze on the cost of each match. I'm not paying any more this season than I did last season (in fact I'm paying less).

Its only those who didn't buy travel vouchers who are seeing an increase. At least it addresses the thieving fare-dodgers who are blagging their way through this season. For those who don't need or use the travel voucher aspect, I think you just have to accept that its for the Greater Good. It was always an integral part of HOW we got this stadium, and it'll also be crucial in getting the expansion.

Not for me, or the apparent majority who didn't buy the travel vouchers. We are paying more per match.

Those that walk will likely use some amenity that the club has funded (whether it's the BACA path or the bridge or the village way), so can't really complain. And I'm not complaining about the increase, just the marketing.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Renewed mine this morning, they can comfirm that if you wish to move seat that will come after renewal has finished

Jan 30, 2008

yeah, yeah ,yeah , YOU SOUND LIKE A POLITICIAN................. i bet there's more people affected by this than those that aren't, WHAT ABOUT THOSE THAT DON'T USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT ???

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I didn't get a DD form either. Also it didn't say anyone in the letter how much the ticket actually was. I know same as last year plus £20 but I paid for mine 15 months ago so I can't actually remember how much it was. Seems a bit strange not to put the amount in the letter. Trying to decide whether to pay in full like I did last year or by DD. Like the other poster I feel a bit torn about promotion as I wont be able to afford the increase as I can barely afford it now.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Just got a letter this morning about season ticket renewals etc.. and one sentence particularly caught my eye....

"I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we will be freezing season ticket prices at The Amex if we remain in The Championship next season"

Does this mean we can expect a big hike in prices if we make the play-offs and go up?

Do you realy need to ask that question

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
i bet there's more people affected by this than those that aren't, WHAT ABOUT THOSE THAT DON'T USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT ???

Don't put any money on it then, you'd lose it.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Bit of an interest in this thread as the company i work for printed and sends these out.

Regarding the lack of DD form, it isn't there because if you are renewing (and we stay in the Championship) the price stays the same you don't need one because everything stays the same. If you wish to cancel you contact the club.

There will be another letter going out at a later date for those who paid a different way i believe. Hope that helps clear the whole DD thing up.............

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Just got a letter this morning about season ticket renewals etc.. and one sentence particularly caught my eye....

"I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we will be freezing season ticket prices at The Amex if we remain in The Championship next season"

Does this mean we can expect a big hike in prices if we make the play-offs and go up?

i think they are planning to reduce the cost if we get promoted to the premier league.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a terrible letter I am sure that my 7 year old niece could have written a better one. What are the prices that are to be charged assuming that we do not get promoted? It is easy to say the same as last year but what was that and what happens if people move into a different buying group so would not have taken notice of that price last year. If paying in full this has to be done by 1st May but again how much is it. I am sure there are many that will have moved from child to student or student to adult or even adult to pensioner how are they supposed to know how much to pay? If somebody wishes to change their method of payment from lump sum to monthly DD the enclosed DD form has to be returned by 27th March only problem is no form enclosed. We are changing CEO and Managing Director as we become more professional but this isn't an indication of that. I suppose it will mean an e mail to ticket office.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Bit of an interest in this thread as the company i work for printed and sends these out.

Regarding the lack of DD form, it isn't there because if you are renewing (and we stay in the Championship) the price stays the same you don't need one because everything stays the same. If you wish to cancel you contact the club.

There will be another letter going out at a later date for those who paid a different way i believe. Hope that helps clear the whole DD thing up.............

Well sorry to confirm but Monday morning someone is for a rollicking! As you rightly say if you are renewing and you wish to continue with payment by DD for this season its no big deal. However, in my case i was wanting to change from paying in full (was flush but now redundant :( ) to paying by DD for next season. Accordingly, the letter confirms "if you wish to change to direct debit payments for 2012/13, please complete the direct debit mandate form enclosed".

When i phoned office to request a mandate the guy i spoke to sounded a little defensive and i suspect they knew that perhaps all or maybe just a batch went out without the forms enclosed. To be fair the solution for me was that he just took my account details to enter onto the system and then the club will simply send me the mandate to sign. I also received an e-mail confirmation.

Now if the club wants to give me a job sorting out their admin so things like this dont happen!:wave:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mine just said "Dear Supporter" at the top? I wouldn't call that personalised, but I'd say the letter was written in a personal style.
Am I just being pedantic?

Paid for my ticket on dd and my letter had my name on it, my sons was paid in a full in a single payment - his letter was "dear supporter"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here