Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewal Letter

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Bit of an interest in this thread as the company i work for printed and sends these out.

Regarding the lack of DD form, it isn't there because if you are renewing (and we stay in the Championship) the price stays the same you don't need one because everything stays the same. If you wish to cancel you contact the club.

There will be another letter going out at a later date for those who paid a different way i believe. Hope that helps clear the whole DD thing up.............

Thanks for your input rouseytastic, but it does not really help to clear anything up (I paid in full last time and my letter states to use DD mandate enclosed if I want to renew - which was not enclosed). Whilst this situation is not an issue for me personally as I intended to contact the club anyway (to sort out some other aspect) and plan to pay in full, it clearly might cause concern for others. It is obvious people who paid in full for this season will need to call the ticket office if they want to do DD next year and do not have the paperwork. No need to panic folks - just give the club a call or visit the ticket office.

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
i know we lost today & everybody feels a bit grumpy but come on.A new season ticket is still cheaper than going to withdean in league 1.£30 to get too & from the amex 23 times if you live in sussex.or £30 off the of cost travelling using seagull travel like i do or fans that use park & ride.
The only people that are losing out are the fans that walk too & from the amex and i think they are few & far between.if you have used the train this season & have not had to pay anything you should just make the most of it because you are probably the reason why the club have made this decision.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
i know we lost today & everybody feels a bit grumpy but come on.A new season ticket is still cheaper than going to withdean in league 1.£30 to get too & from the amex 23 times if you live in sussex.or £30 off the of cost travelling using seagull travel like i do or fans that use park & ride.
The only people that are losing out are the fans that walk too & from the amex and i think they are few & far between.if you have used the train this season & have not had to pay anything you should just make the most of it because you are probably the reason why the club have made this decision.

Totally agree. Unfortunately, this thread got hijacked by those moaning about the prices despite it being debated at length on another thread.

The real issue was aspects of the renewal letter which sadly again just shows a little bit of sloppyness when it comes to admin stuff and they need to up their game if we want to aspire to being a Premiership class club across all aspects of the organisation.

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
I live in Plymouth, go to all home games, costs me £90 a game in petrol to get up to Brighton, we park in the farm car park by the ground £250 a year so will not use public transport, so why the f--k should I have to pay, costs me a fortune as it is.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I live in Plymouth, go to all home games, costs me £90 a game in petrol to get up to Brighton, we park in the farm car park by the ground £250 a year so will not use public transport, so why the f--k should I have to pay, costs me a fortune as it is.

Wow! That is a massive commitment. Did you drive up to every home game at Withdean too?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Most of them, and away games, seems the club don't think about people like us, not all fans live around the Brighton area.

No, but you still have the option to park further away, park for free, then get a train or bus for nothing. That will save you paying out £250 for parking close to the ground (and a little bit for petrol)

SORTED.

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
What happens when we get to the ground 10 mins before kick off, go to the park and ride or get the train and end up getting to the ground late after travelling 41/2 hrs, unfortunately we can't legislate for traffic hold ups, so that parking is a godsend for us

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Leave home a bit earlier

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for your input rouseytastic, but it does not really help to clear anything up (I paid in full last time and my letter states to use DD mandate enclosed if I want to renew - which was not enclosed). Whilst this situation is not an issue for me personally as I intended to contact the club anyway (to sort out some other aspect) and plan to pay in full, it clearly might cause concern for others. It is obvious people who paid in full for this season will need to call the ticket office if they want to do DD next year and do not have the paperwork. No need to panic folks - just give the club a call or visit the ticket office.

I had the same issue as you, paid in full for this season but switching to direct debit for next. I emailed the ticket office yesterday, got a reply within 5 minutes and the direct debit form came through the post this morning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am not complaining about the cost but would like to know what it is. Is that too much to ask?

Well it is a bit, at this stage, seeing as how we don't know which division we'll be playing in yet. If its in the Championship it'll be same as this season +£30, if its in the Premier League it'll be the same as this season + £30 + an increase yet to be announced/decided.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
What a friggin dilemma ... It would be a dream come true for us to get promotion but with no job or seemingly prospect of one I won't be able to afford to renew my ST if we do ... but do I really wish us to miss out because I can prob afford it if we stay in Champ's?

How bad does that feel!!

You've got no job and no prospect of a job but you can still afford to buy a season ticket for the championsip next season! Aren't we fortunate to live in a society that can provide these things for us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You've got no job and no prospect of a job but you can still afford to buy a season ticket for the championsip next season! Aren't we fortunate to live in a society that can provide these things for us.

Fortunate? I've worked solid my entire life and fortunately have been able to set aside some savings. I've had to give up doing many of the things that I enjoy and even deprive myself of things that others might consider as necessary. My life is a friggin misery and my trips to the Amex are the only highlight in what is otherwise a totally miserable existence. I will really struggle to justify the expense if prices rise.

Feel free to PM me and I'll take you through a typical week in my life, then you may want to reconsider your understanding of how fortunate I am.

I'm not grumbling but I could do without sarcasm thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well it is a bit, at this stage, seeing as how we don't know which division we'll be playing in yet. If its in the Championship it'll be same as this season +£30, if its in the Premier League it'll be the same as this season + £30 + an increase yet to be announced/decided.

Not really a satisfactory answer. Why could they have not issued 2 prices for each seat eg WSL £400 if Championship £500 if Promoted or at least given the price for The Championship plus 10% increase or 50% whatever, if promoted. As I have said many will have moved from one price band to another and won't know the new band price. I know it is only a case of an e mail but if 1000 are changing prices band s or means of paying that is 1000 unnecessary e mails which could have easily been avoided.

Also like many I bought Ben a 2yr season ticket for the last year at Withdean and cannot remember what the price was plus I bought it because it was at a discounted price for 2yrs not double 1 year. So I have no idea of the yearly price.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fortunate? I've worked solid my entire life and fortunately have been able to set aside some savings. I've had to give up doing many of the things that I enjoy and even deprive myself of things that others might consider as necessary. My life is a friggin misery and my trips to the Amex are the only highlight in what is otherwise a totally miserable existence. I will really struggle to justify the expense if prices rise.

Feel free to PM me and I'll take you through a typical week in my life, then you may want to reconsider your understanding of how fortunate I am.

I'm not grumbling but I could do without sarcasm thanks

What is your area of expertise / most recent work experience?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nope. If you buy a season ticket, then part of that cost incorporates a contribution to fund the clubs travel scheme.

Personally I'm delighted. I'll actually be paying £15 less than last year, as I won't have to buy a full price book of vouchers for my 16 year old. AND I don't have to faff about with pointless tickets.

Well done the club.

Echo this.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am not complaining about the cost but would like to know what it is. Is that too much to ask?

I'm Suprised they didn't mention that part to be honest

perhaps a Championship/Premiership price for Season ticket - to stop those who pay it outright for a Championship one and can't afford the extras should we make the Premiership?

Am I complaining that I have to pay more for the Premiership? NO that's to be expected , just would be nice to know how much it will possibly be.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I had the same issue as you, paid in full for this season but switching to direct debit for next. I emailed the ticket office yesterday, got a reply within 5 minutes and the direct debit form came through the post this morning.

I paid in full last year and will do the same this year as it works out cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here