Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Downloaded!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
FFS are you STILL banging on about this? And still being misleading?

I know you think being a STH means you are entitled to pass your ticket to whomever you so wish but that has never been included in the terms and conditions of a ST. The recipient needs to be an Albion+ member which costs them a one-off £25 for the year. This hardly seems to be a big ask, especially as the club lost upwards of £40m last season.

The bit in bold being absolutely crucial here

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I couldn't make the link work on my iPhone SE using Firefox, I tried multiple times and just got error messages.

I changed my default browser from Firefox to Safari and it worked immediately!

Cheers. I will try something other than Firefox. Increasingly Firefox won't work for me for different web sites...

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Sorry if this is a stupid question but it states you can only download to one phone - if I change my phone at some point does my Google Pay just transfer to my new phone and the season ticket will still be on there? So it can only be on one phone at a time rather than only on one specific phone?

When you change from one phone to another (i.e. setup your new phone), whether it be an Android or iPhone, part of the setup process is to login with your Apple or Google account.

At that point, your data / programs etc transfer from old to new phone.

Google Pay is essentially just another app on your phone. If you had data on the old phone, and you follow the instructions properly, your data ends upon your new phone.

These are rather generic and sweeping statements, and there are a few specific 'gotchas' that you may need to be aware of for your specific circumstances, The point is that it is very straightforward, even if sometimes there are a few additional hoops to jump through.

If in doubt, post on here which phone you are moving from and to - doubtless you will get good advice here.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
When you change from one phone to another (i.e. setup your new phone), whether it be an Android or iPhone, part of the setup process is to login with your Apple or Google account.

At that point, your data / programs etc transfer from old to new phone.

Google Pay is essentially just another app on your phone. If you had data on the old phone, and you follow the instructions properly, your data ends upon your new phone.

These are rather generic and sweeping statements, and there are a few specific 'gotchas' that you may need to be aware of for your specific circumstances, The point is that it is very straightforward, even if sometimes there are a few additional hoops to jump through.

If in doubt, post on here which phone you are moving from and to - doubtless you will get good advice here.

Perfect. Many thanks.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Of course. Dem’s is the rules.

I would compare purchasing a season ticket to buying an annual train ticket. You get a big discount for your commitment, but you know - or should - that it's for use by you only. That's the deal.

Weirdly, football fans think they're entitled to share their heavy discounted season ticket - because, I dunno, they got away with it before?

(That's leaving aside they fact that it's illegal to sell, or even give away, a ticket for a professional football match in England, without the club's knowledge and consent)

Now the club is legitimising sharing, and asking for something like 3% admin fee (based on adult prices) to add a share option (for any game), people are moaning.

Amazing really.

You'd pay a lot more to change the name on, say, a flight ticket, which is a a one-off. And (under normal circumstances) you simply wouldn't be allowed to share a rail season ticket.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Downloaded! Mine shows the Getafe game even though I've got a separate ticket for that (assumed I'd need to but also so I could take mini-Exile).

Same for me. I would ring supporters services on Monday and ask for a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I would compare purchasing a season ticket to buying an annual train ticket. You get a big discount for your commitment, but you know - or should - that it's for use by you only. That's the deal.

Weirdly, football fans think they're entitled to share their heavy discounted season ticket - because, I dunno, they got away with it before?

(That's leaving aside they fact that it's illegal to sell, or even give away, a ticket for a professional football match in England, without the club's knowledge and consent)

Now the club is legitimising sharing, and asking for something like 3% admin fee (based on adult prices) to add a share option (for any game), people are moaning.

Amazing really.

You'd pay a lot more to change the name on, say, a flight ticket, which is a a one-off. And (under normal circumstances) you simply wouldn't be allowed to share a rail season ticket.

Appreciate what you say. I used a friends ticket to Wimbledon when he couldnt go. 3 of us went to Lords and one used there friends ticket and at Wembley anybody could get in. Albion is different

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Hypothetically speaking, and asking for a friend.
If you download your ST(s) to an old smartphone, for example an unused iPhone 5. Could you just use this, and then if you couldn’t go to a game just hand this phone to a friend who perhaps could go?

Not if they check ID.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Appreciate what you say. I used a friends ticket to Wimbledon when he couldnt go. 3 of us went to Lords and one used there friends ticket and at Wembley anybody could get in. Albion is different

Wimbledon terms and conditions;

Tickets are non-transferable and only Cardmember and their guest (if applicable) can attend the applicable event. Cardmember and guest must enter the venue at the same time. ... If you have been found to have been in breach of Wimbledon ticket rules, now or in the past, your purchase will be cancelled.

Seems Lords don’t mind so long as you don’t sell it for more than face value.

So the Albion are only different from Lords and I’m not sure why you think ground rules at Lords should have any bearing on ground rules at the Amex. Also don’t think we need to be emulating the shambles at Wembley.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Wimbledon terms and conditions;

Tickets are non-transferable and only Cardmember and their guest (if applicable) can attend the applicable event. Cardmember and guest must enter the venue at the same time. ... If you have been found to have been in breach of Wimbledon ticket rules, now or in the past, your purchase will be cancelled.

Seems Lords don’t mind so long as you don’t sell it for more than face value.

So the Albion are only different from Lords and I’m not sure why you think ground rules at Lords should have any bearing on ground rules at the Amex. Also don’t think we need to be emulating the shambles at Wembley.

No problem you think it is a good system.. Interesting that a friend has 3 ST in his name at a PL club

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well, I am having a problem!!! Any advice out there?

Have received the email and went to put on Google Pay.

Went to download Google Pay and it says it is already installed on phone.

No icon on phone app page.

Looked at Settings and Apps, not there.

Checked everything I could on phone and just cannot find Google Pay.

So, try to download again and says already installed and I go round in a circle again.

Any suggestions?.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well, I am having a problem!!! Any advice out there?

Have received the email and went to put on Google Pay.

Went to download Google Pay and it says it is already installed on phone.

No icon on phone app page.

Looked at Settings and Apps, not there.

Checked everything I could on phone and just cannot find Google Pay.

So, try to download again and says already installed and I go round in a circle again.

Any suggestions?.

Go to Play Store, search under Google Pay and when page opens, rather than install it should say open click on open.

Alternatively you may have a load of google apps all grouped together on your home screen, click on that and it should open out to show all your google apps.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I've done what they said and its not showing up in google pay ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I didn’t get an email (or at least, didn’t find one), but was able to add the season passes to my Apple
Wallet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here