Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Downloaded!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Took me a couple of tries to get it to download to my iphone. Needs the link to go to safari, any other browser will struggle.

Arnfastr

Oct 6, 2019
I couldn't make the link work on my iPhone SE using Firefox, I tried multiple times and just got error messages.

I changed my default browser from Firefox to Safari and it worked immediately!

Thanks. It wasn’t working for me at all and it didn’t occur to me to try a different browser.
Safari fixed it.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Sadly I fear I may fall into the old codger bracket in the eyes of our younger members, but to re-assure my fellow old gits out there I downloaded my ST in literally seconds. It was very easy and very painless, though I do possess an iPhone 8 which is probably an advantage over doing it on an Android phone.
Another advantage to owning Apple products is that my ST also appears on my watch, so that's a bit of belt and braces in case the battery dies on my phone (I'm assuming my watch will continue to operate even if the phone is dead, can any of you tech experts out there confirm that for me?)

Regarding the issue somebody raised earlier about the problems arising if you change a phone mid-season.
The ST I have just downloaded specifies just the one game ... i.e. the Watford game. I am deducing therefore that a new 'ticket' will be emailed for every single game?
If I am correct, does that not mean that in theory you could use 19 different mobile devices over the course of the season, so therefore switching horses mid race should not be a problem for anyone (unless you get the new phone AFTER you have already downloaded the particular matchday ticket for that week!).

Have I understood right?
Happy to be corrected if wrong.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I am concerned about giving my bank details to Google or apple but I wonder if I actually will have to for a ticket.

Has anyone new to the wallets had to give out bank details to apple/Google pay or did they just plop the email in the wallet and it's ready?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sadly I fear I may fall into the old codger bracket in the eyes of our younger members, but to re-assure my fellow old gits out there I downloaded my ST in literally seconds. It was very easy and very painless, though I do possess an iPhone 8 which is probably an advantage over doing it on an Android phone.
Another advantage to owning Apple products is that my ST also appears on my watch, so that's a bit of belt and braces in case the battery dies on my phone (I'm assuming my watch will continue to operate even if the phone is dead, can any of you tech experts out there confirm that for me?)

Regarding the issue somebody raised earlier about the problems arising if you change a phone mid-season.
The ST I have just downloaded specifies just the one game ... i.e. the Watford game. I am deducing therefore that a new 'ticket' will be emailed for every single game?
If I am correct, does that not mean that in theory you could use 19 different mobile devices over the course of the season, so therefore switching horses mid race should not be a problem for anyone (unless you get the new phone AFTER you have already downloaded the particular matchday ticket for that week!).

Have I understood right?
Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Dead easy on an Android too :) Literally a few seconds.

I think your ticket is linked to your google/apple account (via the email address), so if you put the app on a new device and sign in, anything you have loaded (match tickets in this case) will be there “

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am concerned about giving my bank details to Google or apple but I wonder if I actually will have to for a ticket.

Has anyone new to the wallets had to give out bank details to apple/Google pay or did they just plop the email in the wallet and it's ready?

My credit card is linked to my Apple wallet which means I can use Apple Pay ie use the phone to pay rather than the card. Haven’t actually done it yet but if you are anything like me you are constantly giving out credit card details online. I have hardly been in a shop for the last 18 months.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Pretty sure it will just download to your Wallet without the need to set up apple pay.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Also another question.
This time to experienced wallet users.

Has anyone used apple or Google wallets but on a phone without NFC please?

I read a few things and it said NFC is on iPhones from about version 6 and Google say it will still work without NFC as long as there is an android lollipop update on the android phone.
Is this correct?

I can't see how software would enable something to work without the actual hardware(NFC)on the device.
If anyone has experience of using a wallet on a phone without NFC then I would be interested to know their experiences please.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No problem you think it is a good system.. Interesting that a friend has 3 ST in his name at a PL club

It’s not that I think it’s a good (or bad) system. It’s more that it’s up to the club to decide terms and conditions. Just seems odd that people think they can set their own rules. Buying a season ticket doesn’t give you ownership of the seat.

el punal

I would compare purchasing a season ticket to buying an annual train ticket. You get a big discount for your commitment, but you know - or should - that it's for use by you only. That's the deal.

Weirdly, football fans think they're entitled to share their heavy discounted season ticket - because, I dunno, they got away with it before?

(That's leaving aside they fact that it's illegal to sell, or even give away, a ticket for a professional football match in England, without the club's knowledge and consent)

Now the club is legitimising sharing, and asking for something like 3% admin fee (based on adult prices) to add a share option (for any game), people are moaning.

Amazing really.

You'd pay a lot more to change the name on, say, a flight ticket, which is a a one-off. And (under normal circumstances) you simply wouldn't be allowed to share a rail season ticket.

I agree with what you’re saying, and I understand that passing on your season ticket is contrary to the club’s T &Cs. I understand that the club have taken a huge hit financially over the last year and as such, I have, and always will support them in any way I can. That said, after paying for the admin charge for being able to share (my wife’s) season ticket with listed friends and family, all with Albion fan numbers, that an additional fee is required for them to be Albion + members in order to use the ST. That’s my gripe, but a minor one, and I’m more than willing to accept this in order for the club to progress and for all of us to enjoy watching our team play once again.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
My credit card is linked to my Apple wallet which means I can use Apple Pay ie use the phone to pay rather than the card. Haven’t actually done it yet but if you are anything like me you are constantly giving out credit card details online. I have hardly been in a shop for the last 18 months.

But do I need to give Google/apple my bank details for the purpose of just using the wallet for a ticket?

I don't use online for shopping or for banking but I see your point others do so what's the difference.
But I would say the difference is that the purchase of my ticket is a purchase between myself and bhafc of which my bank authorise the transaction.
It's got nothing to do with Google or apple,or at least in my mind it shouldn't have anything to do with them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But do I need to give Google/apple my bank details for the purpose of just using the wallet for a ticket?

I don't use online for shopping or for banking but I see your point others do so what's the difference.
But I would say the difference is that the purchase of my ticket is a purchase between myself and bhafc of which my bank authorise the transaction.
It's got nothing to do with Google or apple,or at least in my mind it shouldn't have anything to do with them.

Unsure. I would follow the instructions in the Albion e Mail (just 2 clicks I think) and see if the ticket appears in Apple Wallet without credit card details added. 60/40 it does is my guess. If you can’t see the icon just keep swiping right to the App library then drag it on to your Home Screen.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Unsure. I would follow the instructions in the Albion e Mail (just 2 clicks I think) and see if the ticket appears in Apple Wallet without credit card details added. 60/40 it does is my guess. If you can’t see the icon just keep swiping right to the App library then drag it on to your Home Screen.

Ok thanks for answering.
I am hoping to understand it all before I dive straight in and find out I'm in a situation where I have to do another step which entails something I don't actually want to do if that makes sense.
So I'm after definite answers.
I appreciate others have been using this for a while now so it's not too much of a problem.

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight

I don’t have any financial details on Google Pay.
Just downloaded the ticket and it’s there ok.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Also another question.
This time to experienced wallet users.

Has anyone used apple or Google wallets but on a phone without NFC please?

I read a few things and it said NFC is on iPhones from about version 6 and Google say it will still work without NFC as long as there is an android lollipop update on the android phone.
Is this correct?

I can't see how software would enable something to work without the actual hardware(NFC)on the device.
If anyone has experience of using a wallet on a phone without NFC then I would be interested to know their experiences please.

In this case Google pay recognises the device does not have NFC or it is disabled, instead it displays a barcode which can be scanned on the turnstyle reader in the traditional fashion. The barcode refreshes very frequently to avoid screenshots being taken.

Also no, you do not need to give any financial details to Google. You only require a Google account to use Google pay, there is no prerequisite to add a debit card for example.

You can use Google pay solely for the ST.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
In this case Google pay recognises the device does not have NFC or it is disabled, instead it displays a barcode which can be scanned on the turnstyle reader in the traditional fashion. The barcode refreshes very frequently to avoid screenshots being taken.

Also no, you do not need to give any financial details to Google. You only require a Google account to use Google pay, there is no prerequisite to add a debit card for example.

You can use Google pay solely for the ST.

Ok thanks for your response.
This is also good to hear.
This doesn't sound so bad.
Much appreciated.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

100% will work with your watch if your phone is off/out of signal. It uses the same tech as a contactless card - it simply authorises the payment.

My phone is dying and randomly restarts all the time and it has happened while I've been about to pay at Tesco. After quick panic, I just use my watch. If you double click the side button on apple watch you should see your ticket pop up on there if you have it synced with your phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here