Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Downloaded!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Twos click from club email and in my apple wallet (first time I’ve used it for anything)

Just need to sort out my Peacock (NBC) and VPN renewals for the season and I am sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
When downloading season ticket I get the message "This item can only be saved by one person". When I click on "OK " it takes me back to the email. As far as I am aware, I am only one person.

Any ideas kind people?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Painless until your phone runs out of battery of course.:)

Get yourself one of these. They make them for almost every phone.

Phone Case.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When downloading season ticket I get the message "This item can only be saved by one person". When I click on "OK " it takes me back to the email. As far as I am aware, I am only one person.

Any ideas kind people?

Maybe you’re an undiagnosed schizophrenic? It’s quite common, 5 out of 3 people suffer from this illness.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Any ideas kind people?
Check it hasnt saved to a different email address

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
Mass of problems with donloadable ticket

1. The explanation is poor. If you follow the club guidance and video its unclear and does NOT give you step by step guides.
2. I have an Android never used pay before. If you have not it appears you do NOT need to set up any payment method but it takes up space unnecessary on my phone that need upgrading but what do i do about that was looking to upgrade next month. People do change phone no consideration appears be given to this.
It gets worse
3. So it never transferred using the App BUT I manage to transfer one (I've kids in toe too) from using the online transfer to google app BUT it wont transfer the kids.
4. The reason i used '3' above was because the click the download from the email wont work on my Android HOWEVER when attempting on the computer it says "This item can only be saved by one person"
I explained the above and more to a good friend who is an IT expert he did system and acceptance testing for a major co. and has designed automated testing etc and he says this has all been rushed through because the problem i am encountering are BASIC issues ht even the ost basic system testing should have ironed out and suggested i call the club to get their advice on how to proceed.
5. lines so busy after about 8 to 10 mins the call drops having been told you are in a queue and i have to recall. AT this rate it'll cost me more than the season tickets!
6. Club do say od you have no mobile phone supply a passport or driving licence and photo. Ok so eventually get through and the person was clearly busy as couldnt wait to get rid of me. Not a great experience anyway the club do not know what to do about children. YES THAT CORRECT they have not considered how Children are handles in this situation . Obviously kids wont have a driving licence and many wont have a passport 9not that they are even asking for that at this stage they simply do not know what to do). Why set up a system that is inevitable I cannot be alone here wanting an alternative and have kids without passport or driving licence and even adults will be without both these id's

NOW FOR THE WORST BIT and apologies to be bearer of bad news but my expert in IT says as soon as the system crashes (inevitable at some point apparently) utter chaos will pursue outside the ground before ko. I really hope there is a plan b but i fail to see what it is. Trying hard to see a glass half full here. Dont shoot the messenger and im encouraged others have had no issues but any insights here would be greatly appreciated

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1. The explanation is poor. If you follow the club guidance and video its unclear and does NOT give you step by step guides.
2. I have an Android never used pay before. If you have not it appears you do NOT need to set up any payment method but it takes up space unnecessary on my phone that need upgrading but what do i do about that was looking to upgrade next month. People do change phone no consideration appears be given to this.
It gets worse
3. So it never transferred using the App BUT I manage to transfer one (I've kids in toe too) from using the online transfer to google app BUT it wont transfer the kids.
4. The reason i used '3' above was because the click the download from the email wont work on my Android HOWEVER when attempting on the computer it says "This item can only be saved by one person"
I explained the above and more to a good friend who is an IT expert he did system and acceptance testing for a major co. and has designed automated testing etc and he says this has all been rushed through because the problem i am encountering are BASIC issues ht even the ost basic system testing should have ironed out and suggested i call the club to get their advice on how to proceed.
5. lines so busy after about 8 to 10 mins the call drops having been told you are in a queue and i have to recall. AT this rate it'll cost me more than the season tickets!
6. Club do say od you have no mobile phone supply a passport or driving licence and photo. Ok so eventually get through and the person was clearly busy as couldnt wait to get rid of me. Not a great experience anyway the club do not know what to do about children. YES THAT CORRECT they have not considered how Children are handles in this situation . Obviously kids wont have a driving licence and many wont have a passport 9not that they are even asking for that at this stage they simply do not know what to do). Why set up a system that is inevitable I cannot be alone here wanting an alternative and have kids without passport or driving licence and even adults will be without both these id's

NOW FOR THE WORST BIT and apologies to be bearer of bad news but my expert in IT says as soon as the system crashes (inevitable at some point apparently) utter chaos will pursue outside the ground before ko. I really hope there is a plan b but i fail to see what it is. Trying hard to see a glass half full here. Dont shoot the messenger and im encouraged others have had no issues but any insights here would be greatly appreciated

This IT 'expert' chum sounds like a right barrel of laughs.

Bring him/her to a game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It gets worse

If the existing IT infrastructure went down at the Amex it would be chaos this is using the same method but with a different means of scanning the ticket is not a huge change on the technology that is already in place (your IT friend would know this).

The issue is probably not with the clubs own system testing more that they might need more support from fans who are struggling with the technology. Can’t speak for the android users but the Apple version was effortless.

For kids at the game the club have advice on their website regarding scanning children through the barriers, for ID not sure will have to assume you are right on that one.

I think those expecting mass panic and chaos at the first game might be a bit disappointed as I am sure the vast majority of people will readily adapt to the changes. I remember the same fuss on there about the cashless changes

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The system for reading the old season ticket cards and the new system for reading it from the phone use the same technology. Near field communication (NFC), it's used world wide for access control into work places etc. The issues caused by the systems going down on a match day would be the same no matter which system the club wanted you to use. Additionally, and any so called IT expert would know this, a Premier League club is going to have back up systems and fail overs so the impact of an IT outage would be minimal. Even the entry level access control systems normally have fail safes that allow them to continue working securely if the back end systems go down. if the club doesn't have this is place Paul can give me a ring anytime he wants for some advice.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It gets worse

Google Pay for Android takes up around 45mb (about 10 photos worth) - or about 0.06% of the capacity of my clunky 4 year old phone. If you change phones, simply add the app and sign on with your new one (most phone ugrades now allow very simple transfer of literally everything on your old device to the new one) - don’t understand what you mean by ‘no consideration given to this’ as none is needed. The tickets attach to your email address, not your phone number.

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
Thanks everyone it was a quick call to my friend and yes i can see NFC would be same whatever system applied. NO idea why they want DOB evidence when you apply for a non discount ticket but can see sense in a chid that maybe looks close to next age bracket nevertheless to not have a system in place before rolling it out makes no sense to me. When purchasing im 99% certain (can anyone confirm please?) it said the alternative was print tickets at home. TBH thats so so much easier (although i do n have a printer currently )

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

If you assume that we play a home game once every 2 weeks, and that the admission system needs to work for 3 hours, those 3 hours are less than 1% of the number of hours in that 2-week period.

So 'when' the system crashes (according to your expert mate), for every 100 times the system crashes, it will impact the admission system during a game once.
At which point, of course, the backup system kicks in.

Still, nice to see such a positive first post :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks everyone it was a quick call to my friend and yes i can see NFC would be same whatever system applied. NO idea why they want DOB evidence when you apply for a non discount ticket but can see sense in a chid that maybe looks close to next age bracket nevertheless to not have a system in place before rolling it out makes no sense to me. When purchasing im 99% certain (can anyone confirm please?) it said the alternative was print tickets at home. TBH thats so so much easier (although i do n have a printer currently )

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...&page=usercontent/documents/html/NFCHelp.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here