Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket confiscated

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
If an offence had been committed, then the due processes need to be followed. As far as I am aware, the range of penalties available don't include going through the possessions of the offender's brother and depriving them of the season ticket.

Though if the ticket is evidence of an offence being committed would the PC be in the right to collect that evidence?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This is agood thread - perhaps we should have a competition to guess what the real reason was. My entries below;

1) there were complaints or an issue concerning said individual in that seat and having been identified they have take the card as proof that a) he had it and b) he was potentially in and around that area at the time

2) he was in the pub causing trouble and they've taken the card as they may have believed he's stolen it or to check if there were any issues at the match

3) the policeman cant exist on his meagre wages and so will use the card and any cash on it to gain entry to the next home game and will purchase 2 tubs of noodles and a fanta

Jan 30, 2008
Got no reason not to believe him on this...especially as i'll find out sooner or later what happened. He just said that the OB asked for ID and this didn't match the season ticket name. It was after the match.

Trouble is, he does like a beer after the game and he's a bloody liability when pissed so christ knows what happened. He's not a trouble maker but will go if provoked.

Ill give the club a bell tomorrow.
lives in Polgate ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is agood thread - perhaps we should have a competition to guess what the real reason was. My entries below;

1) there were complaints or an issue concerning said individual in that seat and having been identified they have take the card as proof that a) he had it and b) he was potentially in and around that area at the time

2) he was in the pub causing trouble and they've taken the card as they may have believed he's stolen it or to check if there were any issues at the match

3) the policeman cant exist on his meagre wages and so will use the card and any cash on it to gain entry to the next home game and will purchase 2 tubs of noodles and a fanta

Or he just lost the card and concocted this story to try and avoid having reimburse jevs the £10 admin charge for a new card

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Technically, you have to have ID drinking in any licence premisies regardless of your age, it is the Pubs right to be presented with ID of anyone
No. Perhaps they have the right to ask for ID before serving you, but you don't have to have ID. What is this, make up a law week?
Though if the ticket is evidence of an offence being committed would the PC be in the right to collect that evidence?
Only if they have reason to believe an offence has been committed in the first place, which they obviously don't.

Why is this Jevs character asking NSC what to do? Excuse me if I'm stating the bleeding obvious but if the bro-in-law says the police confiscated it then shouldn't he be contacting the police in the first instance and wouldn't the police issue some sort of receipt?

I don't have any West Ham supporting friends so have no point of reference but are all they all this thick?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Why is this Jevs character asking NSC what to do? Excuse me if I'm stating the bleeding obvious but if the bro-in-law says the police confiscated it then shouldn't he be contacting the police in the first instance and wouldn't the police issue some sort of receipt?

I don't have any West Ham supporting friends so have no point of reference but are all they all this thick?

Yes, they are.

albionite

May 20, 2009
How does that work?

I phoned last week to upgrade my son's ticket to an adult for the Cardiff game, as we do not (the wife really) allow him to go to evening games when there's school. I paid the upgrade. Therefore the club know that for that evening my son's ticket was being used by someone else other than on the ticket. So it must be transferable, officially.

No idea..... I just remember reading along those lines somewhere. Was probably on here :)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

I was wondering if anyone else had the same done to them. It's a BHA season ticket.

I have a few BHA supporting friends for point of reference and yes, they're all thick !!!

Contacted club and Police and none have any idea about it. Apparently it was outside the Sussex Bell. He can sort it now.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I was wondering if anyone else had the same done to them. It's a BHA season ticket.

I have a few BHA supporting friends for point of reference and yes, they're all thick !!!

Contacted club and Police and none have any idea about it. Apparently it was outside the Sussex Bell. He can sort it now.

So, basically, he lost it while he was p*ss*d.

You believe some cock and bull story from your brother-in-law about the police confiscating your ST and your opening post also asked "what should I do?" but you say we're the thick ones.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

In that case there's no problem is there? Just go into the ticket office, tell them you've lost your card, and they'll produce a duplicate for £10.

Would you like me to close the thread now?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your friends are all thick. That's hardly a surprise is it.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The dog ate it
Dog%20Ate%20My%20Homework.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only reason I can imagine a ticket might be seized off someone is if the officer reasonably suspected it to be evidence of an offence. In this case, it seems to have been after the game, therefore ticketing offences aren't going to apply. I suppose if the brother's behaviour/demeanour caused a PC to suspect the card to be stolen, then it could apply, but then again he'd expect to be facing more than just having the card seized, he'd be looking at arrest or reporting for summons. I assume if it's a brother, then the season ticket holder also has the same surname, so it seems highly unlikely that anybody would think it was nicked by looking at the card.

Re the other questions raised: the police have the right to demand your name and address if they reasonably suspect an offence has been committed, and to arrest the individual if they fail to provide that, to the officer's satisfaction (ie not a made up one), but there is no law that says you have to identify yourself, carry or provide ID, under general conditions. Driving for example is the main exception: you're supposed to produce your licence when required to do so by a copper, but if you can't at the time, you'd have seven days to take it to a police station anyway.

In conclusion, having considered the matter carefully, I genuinely can't think of a legitimate reason why a police officer would seize a ticket off a bloke in a pub, after a game, in the circumstances described, and certainly not without any other action being taken, so I can only surmise that the poster's brother is, to use the technical term, talking bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here