Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket confiscated

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I sometimes give my season ticket to my brother in law when i can't go to the games. On saturday, after the game, he was asked for ID and for the season ticket by the police in a pub (don't know which one). As they didn't match up, the police confiscated the ST.

Now im sure giving/lending/selling season tickets happens all the time when people can't go to games.

Any idea what i should do or if im going to get it confiscated permanantly ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I sometimes give my season ticket to my brother in law when i can't go to the games. On saturday, after the game, he was asked for ID and for the season ticket by the police in a pub (don't know which one). As they didn't match up, the police confiscated the ST.

Now im sure giving/lending/selling season tickets happens all the time when people can't go to games.

First thing is get the truth from your brother-in-law.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Officially they're non transferable right? Un-officially the club said they would turn a blind eye, as im sure plenty of people doing it!
Seems odd the police were asking for it anyway.... are you sure he wasn't being a naughty boy?

Best bet is just to call the club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If your brother-in-law can lie that well, why not just tell the police in the pub he doesn't have a season ticket or didn't even go to the game!? What a ridiculous story!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think someone is being economical with the truth here

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Got no reason not to believe him on this...especially as i'll find out sooner or later what happened. He just said that the OB asked for ID and this didn't match the season ticket name. It was after the match.

Trouble is, he does like a beer after the game and he's a bloody liability when pissed so christ knows what happened. He's not a trouble maker but will go if provoked.

Ill give the club a bell tomorrow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The police were doing the same type of checking at the Railway Bell before the game and Ben had a problem getting out of the pub as they wouldn't let him and my eldest, his uncle, leave until they had shown their identity. The problem was that all though Ben is anti alcohol and just went to meet his uncle he is under 18. They overlooked the fact of his age as they both re=assured the police that he doesn't drink and after showing identity and season ticket allowed both to leave.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why would the police confiscate his season ticket or even ask to look at it, unless there was something untoward ?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Took Mrs Eggmundo to the Cardiff game on a mates season ticket, she swiped the wrong turnstyle and wondered why it wouldn't let her through. Steward looked at it saw she obviously wasn't a MR but let her through without comment.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can I just remind you all that the O/P is Jevs. A West Ham supporter, who managed to obtain tickets for the Spurs.v Brighton FA Cup tie a couple of years ago, when proper Brighton supporters couldn't get tickets. A complete and utter tosser......who incidentally lives in Lewes. Enough said.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Hopefully it will not be returned you can then fcuk off and support the hammers:D

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Took Mrs Eggmundo to the Cardiff game on a mates season ticket, she swiped the wrong turnstyle and wondered why it wouldn't let her through. Steward looked at it saw she obviously wasn't a MR but let her through without comment.

Naah not avin that, the steward thought she was a bloke it was probably the five oclock shadow:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here