[Football] Scotland vs Czech Republic, Poland vs Slovakia, Sweden vs Spain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Sweden doing Roy Hodgson proud with their Crystal Palace tribute act.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I’m afraid I’m going to spend all evening watching Gammon Broadcasting

Only kidding. Come on my predictions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was working here the other day….and thought of you !

08C5121D-4C93-4F1E-AD57-CB33F01869B5.jpeg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sweden so unlucky there.
Spain are Brighton in disguise. All that possession and nothing up front.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sweden so unlucky there.
Spain are Brighton in disguise. All that possession and nothing up front.

Well they are absolutely class until the final finish, really missing a striker because Morata is not the answer for them. The guy looks absolutely bereft of confidence. That was a Maupay level finish from the one on one.

But... excellent save from the header, Koke should've done better twice, Olson has spilled a couple...

The real question is why Sweden are playing with two uo front. They desperately need a box to box midfielder in there. Ekdal is slow and shit, and needs 10 yards start as a holding midfielder. Get Berg off, get a midfielder with some - any - energy in the middle to run his bollocks off. Sit Ekdal in front of the back four, and launch it into the corners and try and win a throw in or corner.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well they are absolutely class until the final finish, really missing a striker because Morata is not the answer for them. The guy looks absolutely bereft of confidence. That was a Maupay level finish from the one on one.

But... excellent save from the header, Koke should've done better twice, Olson has spilled a couple...

The real question is why Sweden are playing with two uo front. They desperately need a box to box midfielder in there. Ekdal is slow and shit, and needs 10 yards start as a holding midfielder. Get Berg off, get a midfielder with some - any - energy in the middle to run his bollocks off. Sit Ekdal in front of the back four, and launch it into the corners and try and win a throw in or corner.

Are you suggesting we should play something other than 4-4-2...? I think we've played at most three games with any other formation since 1980 or something.

IFK Gothenburg trainer Roger Gustafsson said after they beat United in the mid-90s: "In reality we played 4-3-3 in attack and 4-5-1 in defense but if I told anyone we were not playing 4-4-2, everyone would have thought I was crazy".

We are Sweden. We play 4-4-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports