Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs Czech Republic, Poland vs Slovakia, Sweden vs Spain

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Difficult to see Spain troubling the trophy engravers on this evidence.

I'd rather have to engrave 'Spain' than 'North Macedonia'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I enjoyed that game. Very tactical and can’t blame Sweden for doing what they had to. Well done Swanny’s lads.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
God that was sweaty stuff... feel a bit embarrassed that I predicted Spain to win 2-0 or 3-0... never underestimate the Swedish ability to slaughter a game of football.

I think I had 3-0 or 3-1. You really should have Palaced yourselves to a 1-0 win. Good chance of getting through now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I enjoyed that game. Very tactical and can’t blame Sweden for doing what they had to. Well done Swanny’s lads.

Yeah I'm usually a football romantic, want the nice combination football and so on.. but when Sweden play, this is how it is and needs to be and the main reason we are reasonably successful despite a small population and lots of winter.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You’d think there’d be an element of influence from Graham Potter on Swedish football. Didn’t he win a lot over there? Very Hughton-esque performance in many ways.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If I like the team playing like that it's Hughtonesque

If I don't it's Palacesque.

I missed the 1st half with work, but thought Sweden played well on their own terms in the 2nd

I used it here because they carved out the best chance - in the last couple of months under Hughts we didn't carve out A chance.

Despite stuffing my prediction Sweden winning actually would have been pretty funny. All the more amusing as Swanny would have had to revel in the role of the "not Potter". And they did defend very well in the second half.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I used it here because they carved out the best chance - in the last couple of months under Hughts we didn't carve out A chance.

Christ lad, don't overthink it.

Despite stuffing my prediction Sweden winning actually would have been pretty funny. All the more amusing as Swanny would have had to revel in the role of the "not Potter". And they did defend very well in the second half.

It is always funny, when you're not on the receiving end.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If I like the team playing like that it's Hughtonesque

If I don't it's Palacesque.

I missed the 1st half with work, but thought Sweden played well on their own terms in the 2nd

You’d think there’d be an element of influence from Graham Potter on Swedish football. Didn’t he win a lot over there? Very Hughton-esque performance in many ways.

I think we need to add premier league Hughton-esque when saying this as we really weren’t like that in the championship whatsoever. But yeh, it was back to the wall stuff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very predictable result. I love watching Spain play and Pedri is a joy but Sweden are the worst type of side for this Spain side to play.

Very, very reminiscent of us against Burnley, WBA, Sheff Utd etc.

I was thinking more us three years ago at...well every away match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
43949D7E-9ED1-45CA-8734-9A87255A11BD.jpeg
Just got in and saw a Scotch goalkeeper flapping around and all tangled up in the back of the net with the ball.
Welcome back Scotland, I have missed you.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I think we need to add premier league Hughton-esque when saying this as we really weren’t like that in the championship whatsoever. But yeh, it was back to the wall stuff.

Well, yes.

I'll hold my hands up and concede that, given the two responses I've had to that so far, I clearly didn't make it clear enough that a) I wasn't being entirely serious, and b) the implication is that I actively like Hughton.

I could have gone into the difference between his style in the Premier League and the Championship, but nobody who hasn't already understood that cares.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would imagine Scotland were pleased at their result as it means that England aren't top of the group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here