Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs Czech Republic, Poland vs Slovakia, Sweden vs Spain

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
These pundits are hilarious.

"If we got one back then we probably would have gone on and got two"

:mad::mad::mad:

I noticed with the commentary and pundit a huge level of deluded bias - stay classy Scotland / England 7th XI

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Could we ELIMINATE Scotland from the tournament if we beat them on Friday? I’m struggling with the (basic) mathematics of this new format, but if we beat them by 2 or 3 goals then surely they’re not going to end up as one of the better 3rd place finishers, even with a win against Croatia in the last game?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Could we ELIMINATE Scotland from the tournament if we beat them on Friday? I’m struggling with the (basic) mathematics of this new format, but if we beat them by 2 or 3 goals then surely they’re not going to end up as one of the better 3rd place finishers, even with a win against Croatia in the last game?

For that to happen Scotland need to see a few draws so that two of the third placed teams could finish 0 wins 2 draws 1 defeat. That could conceivably happen in the Italy and Belgium groups where the rest are much of a muchness.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unlike English commentary/pundits/media you mean.....

Yep - nowhere near that level of bias in my opinion. The ‘shoulder barge’ by Adams was a great example.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That’s what happens when you don’t play Moder :wink:

1-2 Sousa OUT

Down to 10 with 20 mins to go and no subs, isn’t that a bit stupid?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was surprised Moder didn't start. Krychowiak looked poor in the Prem for West Brom, while Moder has been in good form, calm and assured in the Prem and popped up with that goal vs England at Wembley.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Set piece Expert apparently

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bad decision from Poland and the incompetent and impopular Paulo Sousa to start with Moder on the bench. I dont think Krychowniak would have been sent off (it was harsh though tbf) if he had a midfield partner beside him to share some of that responsibility.

Anyway, unfortunately no Sanchez for Spain. Probably wont matter much for the result - I'm prepared to get stomped.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pedri starts for Spain - keep an eye on him, he's going to be a star in years to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here