Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scarfs for the Ajax game

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I like the suggestion. It's simple and could help generate a good atmosphere.

My only reservation is that (and I believe there may have been a thread on this), the whole environment for the Athens game felt very different to the norm. Whether that was felt by the players and had any bearing or not, I don't know.

I would kind of like to see the Ajax match have as minimal change as possible. I genuinely feel that the stands will be buzzing anyway, given the importance without the need for scarfs or flags etc.

We've got our first home and away Euro match under our belts now. Perhaps just take it back to basics and make some noise without any gimmicks
My hope is that with scarfs/scarves the Ajax game would just be the start, it would be something that could be done every home game, when Sussex by the sea is played.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
A whole set of these on each seat would be great.

1698139944714.png

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Weren’t the AEK match flags more eco friendly?

They only obliterate marine ecosystems for 10,000 years.
They were shite, paper pole that disintegrated in the wet and basically mine went all floppy :oops:
I am in favour of blue and white sparklers for everyone, imagine 29 thousand sparklers waving in unison.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What about clackers ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Great news! I can bring my Albion/Liverpool half'n'half scarf :clap:
That is not cricket you know, I think you should take your Albion/Liverpool scarf and your Albion/City scarf cut them both in half and sow them back together so you can bring your Liverpool/City scarf.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I think it’s a great idea and glad it’s being implemented.

If the East Standers can put their truffles down for a moment or two it’ll be grand to see every part of the stadium in sync

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
What a pity the first response on here after the confirmation of this idea by the club has to be a negative one. :(
Well done @ozzygull for trying to help our great club and i for one will be contributing 100% rather than being a moaning minnie.
I fully believe this will have an impact but only if people are willing to commit and get behind it.
Wow! I have just seen that on the club website, that is great. Don't worry about moaning minnies, there will always be someone that does like it. I don't understand how holding up a scarf can have a negative impact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here