Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scarfs for the Ajax game

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I really dislike the provision of plastic flags recycled or not. It is such a waste and does nothing to meaningfully improve the atmosphere. More crap to end up in the sea or ground.
"We all follow the Albion
In the land and sea..."

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And a megaphone if we're trying to get an atmosphere like Marseille!! Probably need more than one drum though as there were about 6 or 7 at Marseille.
And they were competing with each other!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I emailed PBOBE and I got a very polite email saying he would forward my suggestion to the marketing team. Very cool of him. Whether they do anything is up to them

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And for the Fulham home game, those wooden rattles that were popular in the 60s and please ensure it is painted blue and white.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Instead of flags, I was wondering if the club could send out an email about everyone bringing a scarf to the game and lifting it up as the team walks out. I am sure most people own one, if they don't then maybe the club could sell some cheep generic blue and white striped ones at cost.

Saves the club money and would look better with all scarfs from different eras

Also beneficial if it's cold 🥶
Or a shirt.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I like the suggestion. It's simple and could help generate a good atmosphere.

My only reservation is that (and I believe there may have been a thread on this), the whole environment for the Athens game felt very different to the norm. Whether that was felt by the players and had any bearing or not, I don't know.

I would kind of like to see the Ajax match have as minimal change as possible. I genuinely feel that the stands will be buzzing anyway, given the importance without the need for scarfs or flags etc.

We've got our first home and away Euro match under our belts now. Perhaps just take it back to basics and make some noise without any gimmicks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here