Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if Dunk would have been rested had there not been so much focus on him. It could have been spun as rewarding Goldson with a first team place, but because so much fuss was made, it would have become Dunk being blamed, and now it's the manager showing faith.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great opportunity to assess Matt Derbyshire before making our move. Handy.
Oh god, during the 2 months of taking the wee-wee it never once occurred to me that it'll come back and bite me on the arse.

I'm going to bet on a Derbyshire hat-trick just to make sure it definitely doesn't happen, or at least softens the blow of utter humiliation.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Oh god, during the 2 months of taking the wee-wee it never once occurred to me that it'll come back and bite me on the arse.

I'm going to bet on a Derbyshire hat-trick just to make sure it definitely doesn't happen, or at least softens the blow of utter humiliation.
Odds on that he'll score gains us now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'd be nice to see Hemed net tonight, as for Dunk I think he can count himself lucky. I hope he can repay Hughton's faith in him, another **** up and we've got a more than adequate replacement waiting in the wings.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It'd be nice to see Hemed net tonight, as for Dunk I think he can count himself lucky. I hope he can repay Hughton's faith in him, another **** up and we've got a more than adequate replacement waiting in the wings.

If Greer & the impressive Goldson had had a chance to build any sort or partnership or understanding together (such as the Greer with Uwe) in competitive matches, Dunk may very well be bench warming. But CH is right to go with the experienced partnership; Dunk is one mistake away from being on the subs bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to buck the trend here and say, apart from the random and momentary acts of sheer stupidity, I think Dunk has been playing really well.

Goldson has looked very good too, but, as expected, somewhat measured.
I think a nice gentle start to his Albion career is exactly what's needed.

We can safely say he'll be getting another run out before Uwe is fit, by which time Greer and Dunk would have totted up enough cards to keep Connor still #3 in the pecking order.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Why? :shrug: why would anyone belittle this proven goalscorer with this fixture on the horizon. Tantamount to treason to the Albion in real terms. You'll be hanging your head in shame next time I see you in your shorts queuing up for a pie! :annoyed:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm going to buck the trend here and say, apart from the random and momentary acts of sheer stupidity, I think Dunk has been playing really well.

Goldson has looked very good too, but, as expected, somewhat measured.
I think a nice gentle start to his Albion career is exactly what's needed.

We can safely say he'll be getting another run out before Uwe is fit, by which time Greer and Dunk would have totted up enough cards to keep Connor still #3 in the pecking order.

So, you're banking on Dunk to dig you out of your Derbyshire hole are you? Good luck with that, eggs all in one basket I'd say, a basket case!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here