Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Has Knockaert been playing recently? Just wondered how likely he is going to appear tonight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reading CH interview in The Argus I would think that he is going to play Greer and Dunk tonight. and that Knockheart has been playing regularly so should be up to the mark.and ready.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
A refreshed and rejuvenated Kayal and Stephens will hopefully be the difference tonight. Win the midfield battle, win the game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm remarkably optimistic about tonight's game. I thought we'd lose to both Boro and Ipswich. I think we'll win tonight. I also think that if we win tonight, we'll have a good chance of winning the next two games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm remarkably optimistic about tonight's game. I thought we'd lose to both Boro and Ipswich. I think we'll win tonight. I also think that if we win tonight, we'll have a good chance of winning the next two games.

I partially expected that as a possibility but was certain we would beat Wolves, that was my disappointment plus not hanging on for 3 points at QPR.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Reckon the team will be:

Stockdale, Ridgewell, Dunk, Greer, Bruno, Murphy, Stephens, Kayal, Knockeart, Wilson, Hemed

With a subs bench of:

Maenpa, Calde, Goldson, Crofts, Lua Lua, Baldock, Zamora.

We're back ti having a solid team and a good looking subs bench with genuine options. The players are rested after having the weekend off, they'll be determined to put an end to the winless run and they'll achieve it. I'm going 1-0 to the :albion2:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If we don't win against a side like this, then we are in a bit of trouble.
This is a non lose, non draw match for us as a side fourth in the Division against a side near the bottom.
No excuses tonight.
Are we lucky to be where we are at the moment ? Yes and No a few great games a lot of very bad games.
If it wasn't for all these draws we have got and some of them only just, we would be right near the bottom again.

Come on lads someone is due a pasting let it be tonight !!! :bhasign:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reckon the team will be:

Stockdale, Ridgewell, Dunk, Greer, Bruno, Murphy, Stephens, Kayal, Knockeart, Wilson, Hemed

With a subs bench of:

We're back ti having a solid team and a good looking subs bench with genuine options. The players are rested after having the weekend off, they'll be determined to put an end to the winless run and they'll achieve it. I'm going 1-0 to the :albion2:

I think that you have the team and subs virtually spot on but wonder if Towell will make it instead of either Calderon or Crofts as we have Goldson as a defender and attacking midfielder in Lua Lua so a box to box one like Towell may fit in better.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
When interviewed top Managers said they would play their strongest team with the best players rather than to play in-form players.

So this to me mean Dunk and Greer. However, I have my doubts whether Greer is fully fit enough to play.

There are managers who rotate the squad, pick players to fit formations, vary players according to the opposition etc.

My tendency is to think they will always play the strongest defence and spine of the side, but vary the attack according to circumstances. I would not tell the fans or opposition what my side was until the last minute, not for important matches anyway.

There is sometimes a problem with a fringe player coming back after injury.

If the opposition has a very quick player, I would like to think that would worry the opponents. The best way to stop a quick player is to stop them getting the ball in the first place. A bit difficult against Arsenal (lots of quick players) rather than Rotherham.

PS: I think our quickness in midfield is a bit of an asset. I would say Kayal and Stephens are quicker than say the Derby midfield but they have three to our usual two. I would like to think Kayal and Stephens could handle three of Rotherham. I expect them to pack their midfield and cause us problems. It could be an interesting hard fought battle. Not an easy fixture at all as they need points.

Sometimes, I think Stephens would be more effective going forward if we played another midfielder (to cover) instead of two wingers (arguable) ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Reckon the team will be:

With a subs bench of:

It think it is usual to write the team out right to left. I agree the team most probable though. There is a ? if Greer is fit. Secondly, Lualua could start instead of Murphy?

Home match stats: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958877/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Rotherham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here