Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I agree with you. Murphy is a case in point, and without him having a decent left-back behind him he hasn't been firing on all cylinders, so the service to Hemed and Wilson is halved. Hopefully KLL will not be tainted by the malaise and can come in and start from where he left off. We can but hope.

Murphy was not firing on all cylinders when bong was behind him, he was s**t and still is. Bong was forever trying gee him up to get him to move forward so he could play the ball forward for him to run on too like they do KLL. Most of the time he was next to or behind Bong.
Most of the games this season Murphy has looked totally knackered after 20 minutes of doing very little. I hope KLL get match fit quickly and comes back playing as he did before the injury, god knows we need him to.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Christ, we ban a Palace fan for just saying a couple of home truths after our own fans bought them up in the first place.

What a sensitive bunch we are. Again, embarrassing.
Palace fans are only allowed to post on palace threads.

Albion threads are explicitly off limits.

This is the matchday thread. No palace welcome at all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: fed up with the very late introduction of Lualua. 66 minutes should be the latest. How can he get into the game with less than dozen touches if he starts later on?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Edited

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
After the second goal went in I went offline to avoid overreaction - trouble is I don't feel any better about it this morning. Not a tired team, not that many major injury problems, but just not good enough on the night. A real worry now is how to turn this around and get a winning mentality back.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Anxiety is the challenge for us, and that comes from wanting something so much, that when it slips further away, you start making different decisions in your haste to get it back. The game has changed for us, and it is very similar to what we saw last year, and what we have seen with other teams - Derby last season were a case in point. The good thing for me is that we are not at the Amex on Saturday - our crowd (no different to many others in my opinion) can feed the anxiety and the players become even more desperate to please.
It is painful at the moment, but the players need to calm down, as do we! The season will not be decided by our December January form, as it wont be by our August to November form.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Anxiety is the challenge for us, and that comes from wanting something so much, that when it slips further away, you start making different decisions in your haste to get it back. The game has changed for us, and it is very similar to what we saw last year, and what we have seen with other teams - Derby last season were a case in point. The good thing for me is that we are not at the Amex on Saturday - our crowd (no different to many others in my opinion) can feed the anxiety and the players become even more desperate to please.
It is painful at the moment, but the players need to calm down, as do we! The season will not be decided by our December January form, as it wont be by our August to November form.

Great post. An island of measured common sense in a sea of OTT posts. So much of sport is in the head, that is why it is so unpredictable and why we as supporters have to handle the roller coasters of performance and results.

Once things start to go wrong there is a tendency to overcompensate, to worry about making mistakes at the back, snatching at chances, shooting too early, losing confidence in team mates. There are signs of all of these with Albion presently. Injuries were a cause of the decline initially but it has gone further than that now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here