Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Biggs Dies

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Bankers and politicians took millions of £££ from the public and everyone hates them!

Always sad to hear of someone's departing but to glorify a man for decades of absconding justice and costing the tax payer thousands trying to extradite him back to the UK is just wrong... No matter how many Sex Pistol songs he appeared on!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No. Because whilst that is one issue, the other issue was that he escaped justice for decades by emigrating to Brazil, but then expected (and received) NHS treatment when he returned, shortly after his money ran out. What a c*nt.

Incidentally, it doesn't make a difference to me that Biggs wasn't the bloke who clumped him. The fact is, people who undertake armed robbery have already decided that the risk to an innocent bloke's life is a price well worth paying. Never mind the fact that poor bloke doing an honest job had a family to support.

What's to like about this mong?

Totally agree. Lovable rogue my a##e.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
All this talk about Biggs takes me back to the playground when I was a nipper. Everyone told the same joke over and over "Ronnie Biggs has been caught! He was in a phone box and pressed button B and 4 coppers came out!" Coppers and button B will baffle kids nowadays.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No. Because whilst that is one issue, the other issue was that he escaped justice for decades by emigrating to Brazil, but then expected (and received) NHS treatment when he returned, shortly after his money ran out. What a c*nt.

Incidentally, it doesn't make a difference to me that Biggs wasn't the bloke who clumped him. The fact is, people who undertake armed robbery have already decided that the risk to an innocent bloke's life is a price well worth paying. Never mind the fact that poor bloke doing an honest job had a family to support.

What's to like about this mong?

Well, I guess having read your posts there's a good probability that I'd like that mong more than unnecessarily nasty posters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, I guess having read your posts there's a good probability that I'd like that mong more than unnecessarily nasty posters.
You'd like Ronnie Biggs, who escaped justice and then sponged off the state when he wanted healthcare, and who was part of a gang responsible for the death of a train worker, more than some keyboard warriors you're not prepared to name?

Takes all sorts I suppose. :shrug:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Why raise a jar??? I agree that his sentence was too long. But, he isnt some kind of hero. He was a pathetic and not very good crook, who got an over the top sentence. He wont be missed by me.

Depends if you see 'justice' as 30 years for robbery. Murderers and kiddy fiddlers don't even get that. I would have tried to escape as well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've been lucky enough to have heard a lot of stuff first hand on which I have formed mine. Will be raising a jar to the old boy Saturday before the game.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Why raise a jar??? I agree that his sentence was too long. But, he isnt some kind of hero. He was a pathetic and not very good crook, who got an over the top sentence. He wont be missed by me.

Fair enough.

I will raise a jar because he was given a totally unreasonable sentence, which rather than accept he chose to escape, stick two fingers up to the system, and live an extraordinary life. No he wasn't a very good crook, but he wasn't a monster or a c*nt as some people on here have labelled him. He made mistakes in his life (which he came to regret), but ultimately I will remember him as a good bloke.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
You'd like Ronnie Biggs, who escaped justice and then sponged off the state when he wanted healthcare, and who was part of a gang responsible for the death of a train worker, more than some keyboard warriors you're not prepared to name?

Takes all sorts I suppose. :shrug:

The coroner ruled that there was no connection between the assault on Jack Mills and his death 7 years later, from leukaemia. So no Ronnie wasn't responsible for the death of a train worker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here