Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Biggs Dies

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Out of interest, would you have the same feelings if the driver hadn't been hit ?

Ronnie was never suspected of hitting the driver. He wasn't on the train at that time. A lot of misinformation on this - a bloke I work with had it in his head that Ronnie was the mastermind behind the whole conspiracy, and he personally twatted the driver. What happened to the driver was unforgivable - but it 100% wasn't Ron.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ronnie was never suspected of hitting the driver. He wasn't on the train at that time. A lot of misinformation on this - a bloke I work with had it in his head that Ronnie was the mastermind behind the whole conspiracy, and he personally twatted the driver. What happened to the driver was unforgivable - but it 100% wasn't Ron.

Oh I agree. Biggs was a two bit petty thief who the authorities made an example of. I don't condone what he did but I suspect his sentence would be a lot shorter nowadays.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My dad is 86 and still running around with the grandchildren, so don't judge by Ronnies lifestyle.

My great Aunt was still playing golf when she was 91. I hope I keep my health until I die what ever age that might be rather than hope I don't get to a certain age.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Those were the facking days when Ronnie was arahnd. Could walk the streets unmolested by threatening Muslim women in burkas, jumpers for goalposts, no Polish plumbers undercutting your local £120 an hour expert, Queen mum having a cheeky half bottle of Gordons whilst watching the Derby. George Best knocking off Miss Worlds like a knife through butter. The Krays, say what you want about them, but you could leave your back door open and NO ONE would nick your TV.

Those were the facking days when Ronnie was arahnd. Could walk the streets unmolested by threatening Muslim women in burkas, jumpers for goalposts, no Polish plumbers undercutting your local £120 an hour expert, Queen mum having a cheeky half bottle of Gordons whilst watching the Derby. George Best knocking off Miss Worlds like a knife through butter. The Krays, say what you want about them, but you could leave your back door open and NO ONE would nick your TV.

a TV? 'ark at The Duke Of Edinburgh!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out of interest, would you have the same feelings if the driver hadn't been hit ?

No. Because whilst that is one issue, the other issue was that he escaped justice for decades by emigrating to Brazil, but then expected (and received) NHS treatment when he returned, shortly after his money ran out. What a c*nt.

Incidentally, it doesn't make a difference to me that Biggs wasn't the bloke who clumped him. The fact is, people who undertake armed robbery have already decided that the risk to an innocent bloke's life is a price well worth paying. Never mind the fact that poor bloke doing an honest job had a family to support.

What's to like about this mong?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At least this "disappearance " will be permanent.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
No. Because whilst that is one issue, the other issue was that he escaped justice for decades by emigrating to Brazil, but then expected (and received) NHS treatment when he returned, shortly after his money ran out. What a c*nt.

Incidentally, it doesn't make a difference to me that Biggs wasn't the bloke who clumped him. The fact is, people who undertake armed robbery have already decided that the risk to an innocent bloke's life is a price well worth paying. Never mind the fact that poor bloke doing an honest job had a family to support.

Depends if you see 'justice' as 30 years for robbery. Murderers and kiddy fiddlers don't even get that. I would have tried to escape as well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've been lucky enough to have heard a lot of stuff first hand on which I have formed mine. Will be raising a jar to the old boy Saturday before the game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Love seeing him described as "one of the great characters of the past 50 years" in the BBC News report. Classy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here