Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince to go on loan?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I am all in favour of him going out on loan if he is used as a bargaining tool to get a signing in !!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All he had to do was stand up to him and block the cross, diving in like that as you said in the last minutes of the game was just stupidity and it's a shame that Ince was used as a scapegoat for that goal.

He is because it was an absolutely unforgivable ball that put us under immediate pressure. If he had ****ing hoofed it out we probably wouldnt be talking about it now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I much prefer him to Crofts and Holla.

And has the potential to imrpove greatly unlike the above 2.

I do fear though that we will not see Ince play for us again

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Potential to improve, definitely. I hope it will be with us but think a loan may help that process. I would like to see him become a box to box player but he needs to add to his attacking game

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He's a good defensive midfielder, which I guess is down to him starting out as a centre back........but as mentioned by others he's not a dynamic box to box player, which is what CH seems to want.

In a team that play with more than two midfielders, he's great. Under CH we don't play with a holding midfielder.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He hasn't improved at all in the time he's been here, I would look to cash in on him now and try to sign another midfielder in the summer. I rate Forster-Caskey above him now, and he can't get anywhere near the team either.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
An athlete, but maybe Rohan Ince does not read the game too well? Someitmes I'm a bit baffled about the role he is meant to play under CH. Like a defender he wants the ball and play in front of him.

Overly right footed (does not matter so much because he is strong) and telegraphs his passes risking interception. Normally, fatal flaws but even if the opposition know he is going to use his right foot, Ince is strong enough on the ball they cannot do anything about it. All the more surprising if Ince does suddenly switch the play to the left.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be a good move for him to develop - well down the order here...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I much prefer him to Crofts and Holla.

And has the potential to imrpove greatly unlike the above 2.

I do fear though that we will not see Ince play for us again

Holla isn't going to be playing for us again and Crofts is more use than Ince in the formation we currently play. I do think we'll see him play again for us and cannot understand why a loan move isn't going to benefit all parties. Crofts and Sidwell will be gone at the end of the season and hopefully Ince will come back to us a better player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've already been told off for being a naughty boy in regards to posts aimed at you when you've spouted a load of nonsense so I'm going to try and be polite about this.

Football's moved on a lot in the last 50 years. This is no longer, and never should be again, the first lesson for a defender.

Basically, join us in the present.

With time running out, and when defending a narrow lead away from home, there is still, fifty years on, an awful lot to be said for booting the ball into row Z of the upper tier!

At the very least it wastes time, and gives the defence the chance to regroup.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
With time running out, and when defending a narrow lead away from home, there is still, fifty years on, an awful lot to be said for booting the ball into row Z of the upper tier!

At the very least it wastes time, and gives the defence the chance to regroup.

And it gives the ball straight back to the opposition.

It's an English trait, and a poor anti-football one at that. You would never see this being taught abroad and it's one of the many examples of why we've not been more successful as a nation - we don't trust our players' technique or ability enough to play out from the back, instead we boot the ball out and give it straight back to the opposition.

I sit in front of two people, and next to a another in the North Stand, all of whom scream every time Greer or Stockdale get the ball "GET RID OF IT". Without fail... it doesn't matter whether it's the first minute or the last, the reaction is the same. It's a sad indictment of us as fans if people are ever encouraging our players to "put the ball into row Z".

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rohan Ince isn't very good at football.

Like, kicking the ball with his feet....

He's not very good at that.

But, he's MASSIVE and young which somehow blinds people to this fact.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Highly amusing....not.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Rohan Incew odul be as revelation in the middle of a 4-3-3 in League One least for the fans. Then he might have a chance of improving. He has played over 60 games for us though, but with a bit more time on the ball, it very well suit him?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Highly amusing....not.

It's the truth.

Do you genuinely think he has the TECHNICAL ability to be a reliable CM? I think the fact Chris is plowing midfielders into the team and gradually pushing him away from the starting line-up is a sign that he's not.

In a defensive midfielder the VERY LEAST you want is calmness and composure on the ball. Sure we were spoilt with Bridcutt but Rohan, for all his natural physical qualities, does not have the basic footballing ability to play that role.

His second touch is usually a tackle.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And it gives the ball straight back to the opposition.

It's an English trait, and a poor anti-football one at that. You would never see this being taught abroad and it's one of the many examples of why we've not been more successful as a nation - we don't trust our players' technique or ability enough to play out from the back, instead we boot the ball out and give it straight back to the opposition.

I sit in front of two people, and next to a another in the North Stand, all of whom scream every time Greer or Stockdale get the ball "GET RID OF IT". Without fail... it doesn't matter whether it's the first minute or the last, the reaction is the same. It's a sad indictment of us as fans if people are ever encouraging our players to "put the ball into row Z".

Heading the ball to a defender to f,..jk about with doesnt. I would suggest they would be better off kicking the ball into row z near the halfway line.

I once managed a team that won a cup final using these tactics. We were down to 10 men winning 1-0 and in the last 3 mins I brought on our sub keeper who had a big kick and put him in midfield and told him every time the ball arrived at his feet where ever he was aim at the opponents goal which he did and conceded about 6 or 7 goal kicks putting the ball either wide or over the bar and thus used up valuable time so we were able to hold on and won the cup. Not the best tactics that would be taught at school but achieved the aim and would have done at Derby.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Rubbish.

I look forward to bumping this post in a couple of years time.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Heading the ball to a defender to f,..jk about with doesnt. I would suggest they would be better off kicking the ball into row z near the halfway line.

I once managed a team that won a cup final using these tactics. We were down to 10 men winning 1-0 and in the last 3 mins I brought on our sub keeper who had a big kick and put him in midfield and told him every time the ball arrived at his feet where ever he was aim at the opponents goal which he did and conceded about 6 or 7 goal kicks putting the ball either wide or over the bar and thus used up valuable time so we were able to hold on and won the cup. Not the best tactics that would be taught at school but achieved the aim and would have done at Derby.

Have you emailed CH with these tactics :bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

They might have. Or not.

Cast your mind back, BG, to the terrific home game against Leeds, when they were 2-0 up early, and we stormed back into a three-two lead. They bombarded our box for the last few minutes, but we withstood it, by calmly retaining possession as much as possible. Then, with seconds to go, Ankergren caught a cross, and chose to 'GET RID' (as per your tactics above) kicking it as far down the other end as possible.

Their keeper picked it up, hoofed it back down our end, McCormack scored, and Poyet went absolutely MENTAL. And rightly so. As he was so fond of repeating, "They can't score when you have the ball".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here