Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince to go on loan?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A mistake from a rusty player, deary me, run him out of town [emoji38]ol:

Ince was excellent under Garcia, and sadly went seriously backwards under Hyppia. He needs games, but we don't have the luxury of putting our season on hold to give him them.

So a loan where he will play week in week out is a fantastic option.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
It definitely makes sense for him to go out and get regular game time.

Kayal
Stephens
Sidwell
Crofts

He's realistically not going to start ahead of any of those at the moment, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone to speak to Chris Hughton about a temporary move away very much like Jake Forster-Caskey did. At his age he needs to be playing regularly, and he has proved he can do it with us at this level in previous seasons so all in all a good move for both parties.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Correct decision. Not good enough for our midfield at this stage and needs the game time. If we can get a championship club to give him that it will be excellent for us. Exactly the same as JFC. Think they've both got a future here but not yet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I love Ince but I just don't think he has the tactical or positional discipline that Hughton is looking for in a midfielder. He doesn't seem that keen on the 'rampaging bison' type of player that Rohan typifies
I never thought I'd hear Bambi being referred to as a 'rampaging bison'. Always tries hard, gives 100% but is not good enough to be what we need to move up to the next level. Last year I thought he was. Not this year

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A league one loan out would make a lot of sense. Or to a bottom half championship team like Leeds or Forest :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
A league one loan out would make a lot of sense. Or to a bottom half championship team like Leeds or Forest :)

Needs to be L1 on loan, he might not get into many Championship teams regularly at the moment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was that the Derby game when we gave away a penalty, Sorry did say memory wasnt the best.

Try reading other posts before you post. It had been mentioned at least twice before you did.
It's not compulsory to put your two penn'orth in every single thread.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Weird post he is not good enough for our 1st team despite being given the chances.
That is not what Zebedee is stating. He appreciates he is a little shy of a first team place at present, although not quite sure why crofts always gets a look in on the bench - maybe just more dispined in his play than ince. Ince has plenty to offer, in an average side in the garcia era - home and away he was near on several occasions our best player. Bournemouth away was rampaging through on midfield runs. Showed commitment, endeavor, excellent through runs, and showed quick feet despite being not as so called stylish as Stephens....... Under hypia imo lost his confidence not being considered in the side, and then with Chris he likes a more nidy, neat midfielder. Maybe is is still a little raw? Chris has when Ince comes on is just told to sit, head and kick - he has more. It appears obviously lacking confidence and belief when he has had chances. Clearly ince has talent, going on loan hopefully would provide him with confidence and belief and come back a little more of an all rounded player. We would be silly to get rid, I am sure he would grow playing in an opposing side. We shall see.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I still blame him for putting us under pressure at Derby with his awful hospital pass.
Agree - costly as we should have shut up shop, although I remember Stephens losing the ball with a loose pass at Blackburn away where they nearly scored. They all do it.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Memory is not what it was but wasnt he responsible for a hospital pass to Dunk in the closing stages of a game that cost us points.
Let's go over home and away games where players have either directed a poor pass that has cost us goals!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
First lesson for a defender and to quote Jimmy Scoular some 50 years ago " if in doubt kick it out preferably to row z"

I've already been told off for being a naughty boy in regards to posts aimed at you when you've spouted a load of nonsense so I'm going to try and be polite about this.

Football's moved on a lot in the last 50 years. This is no longer, and never should be again, the first lesson for a defender.

Basically, join us in the present.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
As regards to Ince, if he does go out on loan, it's a damning indictment of the short termism at the club and the inability of the management team to develop a player that has proven to be a very effective midfielder in recent seasons and who has many years in front of him to develop further. A real shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here