Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince to go on loan?

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016
Yes, I'd be surprised if Albion loaned him to Wednesday, but there seems to be a lot of speculation about it here. Our policy seems to be loan now, buy later. Most of the business done this window to date has been signing up permanently players we have had on loan, usually on 3 1/2 year contracts. One of the reasons Wednesday are not higher in the table is because they lack that holding player in midfield, someone who can tackle. It's one of the reasons why their away record isn't better. Earlier this month they went for Mark Davies from Bolton, but the deal fell through on medical grounds. From Albion's point of view, I wouldn't loan him to the Owls.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, I'd be surprised if Albion loaned him to Wednesday, but there seems to be a lot of speculation about it here. Our policy seems to be loan now, buy later. Most of the business done this window to date has been signing up permanently players we have had on loan, usually on 3 1/2 year contracts. One of the reasons Wednesday are not higher in the table is because they lack that holding player in midfield, someone who can tackle. It's one of the reasons why their away record isn't better. Earlier this month they went for Mark Davies from Bolton, but the deal fell through on medical grounds. From Albion's point of view, I wouldn't loan him to the Owls.
We loaned Dobbie to Palace, also a promotion rival at the time, so don't rule it out if the deal works for us financially.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ridiculous to compare the two. Inces job was as a dm. Keep the play ticking over.

The role asked of Kayal will always see more passes given away. The very fact kayal has a better pass rate in a position which should really have a lower pass rate helps my point. Thanks

Plus it concerns me that you are using pass completition stats rather than your eyes to realise the the two are worlds apart.

It concerns me that you're using your clear lack of footballing understanding to back up your point when there's evidence to the contrary.

Basically every statistic regarding Ince since he came into the side suggests he's been one of our better midfielders when he's played REGULARLY, which he hasn't this season at all. I've posted the stats on another thread on Sidwell - feel free to give it a read. Maybe it'll inform your ignorant subjective opinion a little more.

Just because Hughton doesn't fancy him, doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Van Gaal didn't fancy Di Maria last year afterall... And Hughton continues to play Hemed every game...

P.s. If you're pigeonholing Ince into the DMC role, what should we have judged him on aside from the eyes you so brilliantly watch football with?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's the end of Ince's albion career then........players rarely come back after a loan. A short-sighted, poor decision in my view but no doubt CH knows best.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That's the end of Ince's albion career then........players rarely come back after a loan. A short-sighted, poor decision in my view but no doubt CH knows best.
I think he has stagnated for a while....he is not top end Champ standard.....maybe in the future as a centre half.... not as a midfielder.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
So the lad is getting absolutely no game time and has started one match all season. He won't get into the team at the moment due to the system played and the form of others. Not sure how this is short sighted. He could come back a better player although admittedly I'm not sure that Fulham is the right place at the moment!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Not sure I could disagree more with your post. Short sighted would be keeping a player who is sixth choice central midfield in case we have enough injuries and hindering their development in the process. This is a great move for Ince and hopefully gives him the chance to get first team football and come back next season stronger. But you rate Ince and have made a big point about how good he is. That, along with the fact that you love to criticise the club, mean you're obviously going to take that view I suppose.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Chicksen, Walton, Monakana .................................................

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not sure I could disagree more with your post. Short sighted would be keeping a player who is sixth choice central midfield in case we have enough injuries and hindering their development in the process. This is a great move for Ince and hopefully gives him the chance to get first team football and come back next season stronger. But you rate Ince and have made a big point about how good he is. That, along with the fact that you love to criticise the club, mean you're obviously going to take that view I suppose.

Contrary to the impression I may give, I take absolutely no pleasure in criticising the club. I just find it very difficult to get my head around why we almost always appear to be so unsuccessful when it comes to identifying and signing decent quality strikers in contrast to most other top 10 championship clubs. Other positions never appear to be a problem for us so why strikers? I know they cost money and are always in demand but it's most unlikely that we'll ever achieve promotion without significant investment in this key area, which is so frustrating given the strength of the rest of our team.

All that said, I will try to be a bit less negative in future. :)

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Chicksen, Walton, Monakana .................................................

By back I meant back and featuring for the first team. Arguably, loans haven't done much for the three players you identified.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Contrary to the impression I may give, I take absolutely no pleasure in criticising the club. I just find it very difficult to get my head around why we almost always appear to be so unsuccessful when it comes to identifying and signing decent quality strikers in contrast to most other top 10 championship clubs. Other positions never appear to be a problem for us so why strikers? I know they cost money and are always in demand but it's most unlikely that we'll ever achieve promotion without significant investment in this area.

I think it is simply down to the fact that we can compete with top clubs in this division in other positions whereas strikers cost that much more. There's no doubt that Rhodes will score goals for Middlesbrough but £9 million is a lot of money for a player who has never played in the Premier League.

I tend to look at it more positively. Compared to last season, we've been amazing. Our signings have generally been good and I really think Knockaert will be the best Championship signings of this transfer window. I don't see what there is to moan about. And, with Ince, I think it's a good move for all involved.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

He's on a loan term deal. It is not the end of his Albion career. Why so sensationalist? I really can't comprehend how a loan move for a player who is currently 5th choice is a bad move? He comes back 3rd choice at the end of the year (with Crofts and Sidwell almost certainly gone) with half a season of championship football under his belt and the chance to impress in pre-season. How is that not more use to us than him sitting in the reserves for half a year?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hopefully he gets game time at Fulham and comes back a better player in the first team

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ince and McCormack in a swap plus cash deal....everyone happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here