Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince loaned to Fulham until the end of the season

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He doesn't fit with Hughtons style apparently but that's a short term look, loan him out by all means, but I really think he's still one for the future.

i think the style issue is overplayed, the form of Kayal and Stephen is difficult to for him to get much of a look in. with Sidwell in as a reliable/experienced cover, that means he must go on loan. if he develops at Fulham, we have a good player returning, if he doesnt we know then it wasnt to be.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Bloody hell, in the time I took to type my last post the deal was done :lol:

Good move for the lad, game time and confidence back hopefully

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Good move all round. He's got the potential to be a very good player, needs to be playing regularly. Pleased it's only a loan.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Very happy with this. He's 5th choice behind Kayal, Stephens, Crofts and Sidwell. He's not going to get games here, so this benefits all parties evolved. Excellent!

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Great move for everyone. I think the lack of first team games had a big impact of his performance this season when he did get a chance to play.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not just on here, due to the unreliability of commentary on player, I used to switch to the opponents commentary quite often and several times they would be raving about Ince, comparing him to Vierra etc.

He doesn't fit with Hughtons style apparently but that's a short term look, loan him out by all means, but I really think he's still one for the future.

How long on average do our managers stay 18 months? 2 years?

The next manager may see the player that Oscar did.

I think we will come to regret it if he goes, as others have said though, it won't be to Fulham, not permanently anyway.

Fulham play 4-3-3 so that'll suit him better.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Good move - definitely has talent at this level and needs the game time to avoid stalling his progression. Looks better in a 3-man midfield so isn't likely to get into the XI this year. However this is the first season in about 5/6 years we haven't played 3 in the middle so who knows, things change quickly in football. 6/12 months down the line we could be under a new manager playing a new system and suddenly he's back in contention. I hope he does well.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not sure it will do his confidence much good; being farmed out to Fulham and replaced by a 33 year old loanee. Loan spells don't seem to have done much for Chicksen & JFC do they?

But then I'd always prefer to see us use our youngsters rather than mercenaries out to make a quick buck who have no long term investment in BHAFC.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure it will do his confidence much good; being farmed out to Fulham and replaced by a 33 year old loanee. who fits our syle of play and has been plying his trade in the league above for the last few years Loan spells don't seem to have done much for Chicksen & JFC do they?

But then I'd always prefer to see us use our youngsters rather than mercenaries out to make a quick buck who have no long term investment in BHAFC.

Fixed

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks more a case of FFS than FFC...

Rohan Ince joins Fulham on loan.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never to be seen again. How many players throughout the years and the hundreds of players that have played for the club, have come back from a loan and been a better player. I am struggling to think of one.

Ince never really pushed on to make him an auto choice. He was very much a bit part player, with a succession of managers preferring to bring players in rather than bring youngsters through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here