Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince loaned to Fulham until the end of the season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ince never really pushed on to make him an auto choice. He was very much a bit part player, with a succession of managers preferring to bring players in rather than bring youngsters through.

Did you miss the 71 appearances over 2013-14 and 2014-15?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Never to be seen again. How many players throughout the years and the hundreds of players that have played for the club, have come back from a loan and been a better player. I am struggling to think of one.

Ince never really pushed on to make him an auto choice. He was very much a bit part player, with a succession of managers preferring to bring players in rather than bring youngsters through.

Lewis Dunk?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many players throughout the years and the hundreds of players that have played for the club, have come back from a loan and been a better player.
But our club has changed a lot in recent years. Previously we were not in a position to loan out players that weren't making our first 11.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did you miss the 71 appearances over 2013-14 and 2014-15?

But hardly ever a first choice, and certainly not since hughton got here,rather than a bench player that hughton throws on randomly. Looking at the noises coming out of the club, it appears that they are looking at more midfielders, so his stock diminishes.

It's a shame really

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big lad never seemed to do very much wrong for us IMHO, always seemed to me to be a very decent available option in a game. Wishing him well at Fulham.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I like Ince but found him frustrating at times, For a big lad I always felt he should impose himself and get stuck in more than he does at times. He's got the ability I just wonder if it's a confidence thing?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not sure it will do his confidence much good; being farmed out to Fulham and replaced by a 33 year old loanee. Loan spells don't seem to have done much for Chicksen & JFC do they?

But then I'd always prefer to see us use our youngsters rather than mercenaries out to make a quick buck who have no long term investment in BHAFC.

My sentiments entirely.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know a few other ST holders who really don't rate Ince.

Given he's now 5th choice in CM it's a smart move, and I'd love to see him kick on. He certainly hasn't looked his best since Hughton has been here. Regardless - wish him well.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Given he's now 5th choice in CM it's a smart move, and I'd love to see him kick on. He certainly hasn't looked his best since Hughton has been here. Regardless - wish him well.

I know ST holders that think Stockdale's distribution is awful... ST holders aren't always the best judges of what goes on.:rave:

Like you and many others, I wish the guy well. He's never really let the club down and there's potentially a very good player in there.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Add me to that list.

Apparently, according to a poster on another thread, I'm "clueless" for having that view.

It's when they say "sure he miscontrols the ball a lot and misplaces simple passes.....but he's only 23"

LISTEN TO YOURSELF MAN.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Possible but unlikely IMHO. I hope he does because then it is a winner for us.

Why unlikely.

The first 6 months under Garcia, he looked a prospect. He ran out of steam that season.

Hypia never played him and this season he has been victim of Stephens and Kayal.

The way you just write players off is amazing, surprised that you think any player (other than Matt Derbyshire) will make it.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
His future is as a centre half...he panics a bit in possession as a midfielder and makes rushed and inaccurate passes, often resulting in lost possession.

He needs to make that change soon though, his clock is running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here