Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince loaned to Fulham until the end of the season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And what a pass from Colunga, now if only Knockaert could do something like that.

Colunga was good at passing and was the leading assist last season despite not playing all that often. Good goal at Fulham. The only trouble was not quick enough at running, sometimes made up by quickness of thought. But I have long suspected the long ball to Rohan Ince a for the long shot was because Colunga had the one option open because of his lack of speed to beat his lower league opponent.

Colunga made a long pass for Bruno to score against Norwich. That was best choice, but again because of his lack of pace the only option.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Add me to that list.

Apparently, according to a poster on another thread, I'm "clueless" for having that view.

It's when they say "sure he miscontrols the ball a lot and misplaces simple passes.....but he's only 23"

LISTEN TO YOURSELF MAN.

I sort of agree, with the caveat that I think he always looks as if he is in dire need of a run of games. You know there is a good player in there (and we have seen him as such) but his first touch has deserted him and he looks slightly off the pace when he comes on for his 15 minute cameo.

Personally, I really do fancy him to kick on and come back a better player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some of the disparaging comments seem a little harsh. For me Ince had a great start for us and only tailed off towards the end of his first season, which is not unusual for a younger player.

Last year he didn't stand out as much, though we he did give us THAT goal vs Swindon and THAT tackle against Arsenal. He also turned his back vs Watford on a free-kick and did not play as well.

This year he's barely been given a chance, though when he had come on he hasn't done a lot wrong.

It's a good move for him, but I hope to see him back and playing for us again at some point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand why this 'no brainer' move is such a talking point.

The lad is 'nearly' good enough for the Albion, but not close to the standard of Kayal and Stephens.
He's going to a team that must need him, and he's staying in the division.

The end of the season will be decision time, and it'll be a decision made with considerably more facts.

Every ones a winner, move on and sing a striker.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Colunga was good at passing and was the leading assist last season despite not playing all that often. Good goal at Fulham. The only trouble was not quick enough at running, sometimes made up by quickness of thought. But I have long suspected the long ball to Rohan Ince a for the long shot was because Colunga had the one option open because of his lack of speed to beat his lower league opponent.

Colunga made a long pass for Bruno to score against Norwich. That was best choice, but again because of his lack of pace the only option.

I'm not disagreeing for one moment, but it does make you wonder why a manager would play a centre forward with little pace on the wing?
That's like Leicester did with Ulloa v Chelsea, end result? Poor player

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I like Ince and he was a great player to have on the bench to protect a lead. However playing four across midfield and two strikers there is no natural place in the lineup for him to start. Playing in our present system in midfield you need to be a box to box player and he does not fit. In the right formation he will be a big success. I really hope he is a huge success. He made an amazing tackle last year and the whole ground burst out with spontaneous applause. Can anyone please remind me of the game in which this happened?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like Ince and he was a great player to have on the bench to protect a lead. However playing four across midfield and two strikers there is no natural place in the lineup for him to start. Playing in our present system in midfield you need to be a box to box player and he does not fit. In the right formation he will be a big success. I really hope he is a huge success. He made an amazing tackle last year and the whole ground burst out with spontaneous applause. Can anyone please remind me of the game in which this happened?

Against Arsenal - on Alexis Sanchez

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His future is as a centre half...he panics a bit in possession and makes rushed and inaccurate passes, often resulting in lost possession.

Yep - I can see how that would make him much more suited to be at the centre of defence!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yep - I can see how that would make him much more suited to be at the centre of defence!
Pompous prick.....some things don't change on here. .. you are one of them.

As a centre half the priority is to defend, battle, clear, head etc etc..... midfielders have more responsibility for creativity, accuracy, passing and through balls etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here