Rod Stewart at the Amex

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What are they doing with themselves now? It's been a long time since they were in the spotlight.

Maybe they are dead then. Was the blurb from Barber about them not fitting in with the club's image just a smokescreen for some sinister plot?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Maybe they are dead then. Was the blurb from Barber about them not fitting in with the club's image just a smokescreen for some sinister plot?

I'm not the sort of person who usually believes conspiracies, but you may actually have a point here!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not the sort of person who usually believes conspiracies, but you may actually have a point here!

Well, you know, I thought it might interest you. Get working on something :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

We did have a few 'performances' by that mixed boy/girl ensemble, which didn't go down so well. I seem to remember Paul Barber saying that Gully's Girls would perform again in the future. Who knows when though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£55 a ticket , are we being softened up for Premier League pricing ?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Wasn't Rod Stewart on the books of a top division club when he was a youngster? or have I got that wrong?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

No, it's just standard pricing for a stadium gig featuring someone of Stewart's standing.

Why does anyone think it's anything to do with Albion fans? This gig is targeted at fans of Rod Stewart, wherever they may live, not Brighton & Hove Albion supporters. There may be a few who are both, which is lucky for them. But essentially it has nothing to do with the club, apart from in a profit sense.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Plymouth Argyle had 4 concerts a few years back didn't need to go as I could here it loud and clear in my bedroom.
Elton John, Rod Stewart, George Michael and Westlife.
Rod and George sounded ok but Elton was by far the best. Westlife were crap.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't Rod Stewart on the books of a top division club when he was a youngster? or have I got that wrong?

No. He had trials at Brentford.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Just seen, he had trials for Brentford. He must of been a decent footballer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, it's just standard pricing for a stadium gig featuring someone of Stewart's standing.

Why does anyone think it's anything to do with Albion fans? This gig is targeted at fans of Rod Stewart, wherever they may live, not Brighton & Hove Albion supporters. There may be a few who are both, which is lucky for them. But essentially it has nothing to do with the club, apart from in a profit sense.

Surely Paul Barber will be very interested in growing the revenue streams for this gig ? Will there be half and half scarves ? I think that £55 will be the matchday price for a Category A game at The Amex in the Premier League.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Its about the going rate for somebody of Stewart's standing. Possibly even a tad on the cheap side when you consider the Stones were charging £98 a ticket and The Who £65 for their gigs last Summer.

Having said that, if you paid me £55, I wouldn't bother seeing Rod Stewart......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely Paul Barber will be very interested in growing the revenue streams for this gig ? Will there be half and half scarves ? I think that £55 will be the matchday price for a Category A game at The Amex in the Premier League.

Let's not get ahead of things, a few simple items like an open train station and the ability to buy drinks within 2 hours of joining a queue should be addressed first.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm looking forward to the imaginatively named hospitality packages. The Fatboy ones were cringy. Wonder what the club will come up with this time round? Do Ya Think I'm Sodexy?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How much will the residents street parking permits being going for ? £10 , £15 ? An extra fiver if you want to return to your vehicle after the gig and find it still has four wheels ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not my cup of tea but I don't throw a hissy fit every time the Brighton Centre stages a gig I don't fancy, so not sure why it would be any different with The Amex. I know several people of a certain age who are very much looking forward to it already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here