Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rod Stewart at the Amex

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
she sounds dirty

She recently attended a 4 day course on "the female orgasm for the over 50's in the modern era" at a Slough conference centre but had something of a nervous breakdown at Cobham services on the way home.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hold on, there's a theme going on here

FatboySlim_FatboySlimLiveOnBrightonBeach.jpgrod-stewart-brighton-beach-capitol-decca-cs.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She recently attended a 4 day course on "the female orgasm for the over 50's in the modern era" at a Slough conference centre but had something of a nervous breakdown at Cobham services on the way home.

You should write a sit-com about her Nibs. Sounds great material.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I shall phone for tickets. I hope they don't leave me hanging on the line...

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Is it pay on gate?
What will be the guest pie?
Is there park and Ride?
Will you leave 10 mins before the end?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£55 :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Is the support act going to be Shawaddywaddy or are they too busy appearing at Camberley Civic Hall?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For all the mocking, I'm sure some research has been done here.

I'm guessing that Rod Stewart plays these stadium gigs in the Summer every year or two, and they probably sell well. He's not, presumably, played anywhere close to Brighton for some time so there will be demand, if not from much of the Albion crowd.

(I wonder how much the platinum tickets will be - http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Rod-Stewart-tickets/artist/736200)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I feel its a decision that lacks imagination. We are talking about early Summer when some major acts would be preparing for headline spots at Uk and European festivals. It would have been good for one of these to do a 'warm up' as such at The Amex.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To be fair to the club, this is about making money, not staging a gig season ticket holders will want to see. The ONLY consideration will be whether or not they can sell enough tickets at a high enough price to make a worthwhile amount of cash.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I feel its a decision that lacks imagination. We are talking about early Summer when some major acts would be preparing for headline spots at Uk and European festivals. It would have been good for one of these to do a 'warm up' as such at The Amex.

I'm assuming there'll be another act on another night, if only to help spread the cost of setting everything up. Maybe they'll go "younger" with that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be fair to the club, this is about making money, not staging a gig season ticket holders will want to see. The ONLY consideration will be whether or not they can sell enough tickets at a high enough price to make a worthwhile amount of cash.

Nail on head.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gigs like this don't always make as much money as people might think. I imagine the set up costs are high. For that reason, the club were always going to go for acts which appeal to the older music fan as they tend to be the ones who can sell higher priced tickets and thus maximise profit.

You could put on a more contemporary group and probably flog loads of tickets. But not at £55 a pop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here