Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rod Stewart at the Amex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant news. That's Mrs P's christmas present sorted :thumbsup:

I'd be looking at divorse papers if Frau Tubthumper unwrapped her Xmas present to reveal a Rod Stewart ticket.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's pretty much a guaranteed sell out which is why I imagine the Amex bods booked him. Similar to Elton John at County ground. not my cup of tea at all but may give the place some good practice at properly hosting a gig before summat people on here want to see comes up.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It's pretty much a guaranteed sell out which is why I imagine the Amex bods booked him. Similar to Elton John at County ground. not my cup of tea at all but may give the place some good practice at properly hosting a gig before summat people on here want to see comes up.

Remember going to see Elton John at the Cricket ground(2006, after the England v Equador WC game). Was a last minute decision and surprisingly really enjoyed it. Apart from the over 60's dancing around, which was a tad cringeworthy. Not a big Rod fan(oh matron!), but if it gives me a chance to get off my face on a few jack'n'jills....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not sure this will sell out, IIRC, there was about 15,000 at the iPro (I will get used to saying that) a few years back....

As someone else pointed out, clubs make naff all out of these things anyway.....

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Saw him twice this year already with my kids who are 19 and 25. All agreed he was that good we saw him agin two months later. Still a great live entertainer. Saw Mott on Monday and they still rocked it, along with Fish. One of the best to do a football stadium.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I ran out of reading material on holiday last year, so borrowed Mrs P's copy of his autobiography - the most recent one that he actually wrote. Was a surprisingly good read and he came across as a thoroughly bloody nice bloke.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Odds on a Celtic shirt, scarf and a football making an appearance?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Gigs like this don't always make as much money as people might think. I imagine the set up costs are high. For that reason, the club were always going to go for acts which appeal to the older music fan as they tend to be the ones who can sell higher priced tickets and thus maximise profit.

You could put on a more contemporary group and probably flog loads of tickets. But not at £55 a pop.

I doubt the club have any say in ticket prices. I imagine they rent the Amex out for a set price and share some of the food/beverage sales.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel its a decision that lacks imagination. We are talking about early Summer when some major acts would be preparing for headline spots at Uk and European festivals. It would have been good for one of these to do a 'warm up' as such at The Amex.

Not so long ago we were just grateful to see Gully's Girls at Withdean. How times change.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How disappointing that first proper concert at The Amex- cant count Fat Boy- is Rod Stewart.

It could be a thousand times worse: Sussex CCC had Cliff Richard for their big summer gig this year: Stewart may not be your cup of tea or mine, but he'll probably shift a lot of tickets, and he definitely won't be singing Summer Holiday.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Great! So the Amex is going to have an old man wearing leather pants singing 'don't you think I'm sexy'!?

What's next!? a 50 year old DJ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Sounds like an excellent opportunity to go on the pull. Good work from all concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here