Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rod Stewart at the Amex

£55 a ticket , are we being softened up for Premier League pricing ?

I do hope all those on here who said they are being priced out of going to the Amex to support the Albion are not coughing up to see Dear Old Scottish Rod.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Very tempted. Bit worried about the comments saying he is past it though. I saw Lionel Richie a few years back and he was fantastic at Wembley Arena

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
"will you see me tonight, on a downtown train?" Nope, Southern only laying on 4 carriages so its park and ride or Bridge car park for £15

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Nah. I saw him at the Brighton Centre once and he was good but past his prime now.

Not seen anything else so far on this thread, but I have to completely disagree, I saw him at the Liberty Stadium a couple of years ago and he put in a fantastic performance, I might add I am not necessarily a Rod Stewart fan, I have grown up with his music (hated Maggie may!!) but I have always appreciated his contribution, he is as good now as he ever was, if you are a fan seriously would recommend seeing him. :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was a fan when he was with the Jeff Beck Group which must have been around 50 years ago. I loved the rock stuff but it's all ballads now. 65 is too old for rocking I reckon.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Why is Rod Stewart popular? I thought this concert would be laughed off, but apparently not. Very odd

Different people with differing tastes in music, probably due to when they were born, as the music that you were listening to as a kid will influence you, hence differing opinions about Rod Stewart I expect. Simple really.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The viewing distance is a bit concerning...we'll see like SMALL FACES to him...
I too did'nt like Maggie May much...but some of his music is great...Mandolin Wind,Gasoline Alley,I have his American songbook discs....some like the modern pop music but to repetitive to me with electronic music,chorus,repeat,chorus repeat.
Seeing I was at the birth of Rock'n'roll, at the time I didn't think anything would ever replace it...but taste change,gone back to 50s and 40s music...promise you,your taste will change too...whatever you like....enjoy it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
In fairness, while I commented earlier that Rod didn't sell out at the iPro, he still has a lot of fans around right? I'd go and see any musician if the price is right, I even wanted to go and see Barry Manilow last time I was in Vegas only to be poo pood by the other half. Actually, I had tickets for Michael Jackson at the O2 before it was cancelled for some nothing reason.....

I miss the Weddoes every frigging year for one reason or another though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Different people with differing tastes in music, probably due to when they were born, as the music that you were listening to as a kid will influence you, hence differing opinions about Rod Stewart I expect. Simple really.

That's right. People of a certain age will go, not only to listen to music that they like but to reminice on the days when these songs first came out, they were probably young, single and problem free, people like to remember those times.
At 50 the power of music of my teens and early 20's can take me instantly back to those days, even if I hated a particular song I can clearly remember where I was and who I was with you can almost smell the place as well, music can be extremely powerful.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not personally my taste but a genuine artiste who still shifts serious amounts of CD/MP3 sales and at least not the product of some dumbass reality show. The mother in law is delighted.

I hope they are going to put something in place to stop 1901 members trying to buy tickets and then trying to tout them above face value.

Personally would love to see Iron Maiden play the Amex but they manage to sell out 60,000 football stadiums with ease so not very likely.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Fatboy Slim lives by the old exit of the River Adur into the sea, whereas Rod Stewart used to live on a houseboat near the current exit

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hope they are going to put something in place to stop 1901 members trying to buy tickets and then trying to tout them above face value.

I can't see 1901 tickets being cheap in the first place and touting would put their 1901 membership at risk.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not personally my taste but a genuine artiste who still shifts serious amounts of CD/MP3 sales and at least not the product of some dumbass reality show. The mother in law is delighted

What's to stop anyone buying tickets early and then flogging them off at inflated prices? There will be tickets available at above face value prices on sale from ticket dealers/touts all over the web, probably got some listing them already.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not personally my taste but a genuine artiste who still shifts serious amounts of CD/MP3 sales and at least not the product of some dumbass reality show. The mother in law is delighted.

Personally would love to see Iron Maiden play the Amex but they manage to sell out 60,000 football stadiums with ease so not very likely.
I'm a 1901 member and there is no way I would sell it at profit...unless of course it was a stupid offer running to a huge amount put into my bank balance...then if the person buying it would be stupid enough to offer t5hat amount he'd could afford to hire Rod Stewart for a private show. I hope people who want to go get their tickets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd go to that - if there's standing tickets available. Would also assume that getting a drink at the Amex would involve standing in some shit queue for 2-3 hours so would arrange to drink elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here