Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Reliable source, but another reliable one says he’s excited for next season 🤔

What a weird article. The first two paragraphs follow the thread of the headline, the next fifteen talk about how RDZ wants to take a more active role in recruitment this summer. Those two bits of insider knowledge don't seem to interact with each other...

He's leaving but he also wants to be more heavily involved in squad building for next season apparently.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Exactly, with some actual quotes from the man himself (while acknowledging that things can change) as opposed to heresay...

“I had to leave Shakhtar after eight months and I did it reluctantly and to leave Brighton after the same amount of time would seem to me like not getting the job done.

“My will is to stay, then I will have to talk to the club and discuss what they expect, what they want, what their ambitions are. I won’t put my hand on it, but my will is to stay.”

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We are watching a footballing revolution in real time being led by our little old club.
Agreed - in fact I said exactly that having checked out his work in Ukraine and Italy when he signed with us back in September - I’m sure I said words back then to the effect that RDZ is on the cutting edge of changes in modern football and people have no idea just who we have as a manager 😉 - in Italy they were saying it years ago when he was at Sassuolo:

This article is an enlightening insight into what RDZ has been developing at Brighton

FWIW - Italian clubs even top Serie A clubs dont offer the wealth that’s in the PL, the level of football or the prestige) - La Liga or even the Bundesliga are above Serie A both competitively on the pitch and financially. RDZ‘s capacity for managerial greatness will only be limited by the players he has at his disposal - he’s a gift to English PL football there’s no doubt about it but I don’t think he will be going back to Italy any time soon if he has any ambition in the next few years of his career.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agreed - in fact I said exactly that having checked out his work in Ukraine and Italy when he signed with us back in September - I’m sure I said words back then to the effect that RDZ is on the cutting edge of changes in modern football and people have no idea just who we have as a manager 😉 - in Italy they were saying it years ago when he was at Sassuolo:

This article is an enlightening insight into what RDZ has been developing at Brighton

FWIW - Italian clubs even top Serie A clubs dont offer the wealth that’s in the PL, the level of football or the prestige) - La Liga or even the Bundesliga are above Serie A both competitively on the pitch and financially. RDZ‘s capacity for managerial greatness will only be limited by the players he has at his disposal - he’s a gift to English PL football there’s no doubt about it but I don’t think he will be going back to Italy any time soon if he has any ambition in the next few years of his career.
There are very few bloody teams/clubs on this planet that offer the short term potential of OUR CLUB. That’s what’s so frustrating when every Twatterati expert and every top 6 follower constantly talks about player/coach departures. Go to City or Madrid; f*** off for money - but if you want to play and potentially win - stay with Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a weird article. The first two paragraphs follow the thread of the headline, the next fifteen talk about how RDZ wants to take a more active role in recruitment this summer. Those two bits of insider knowledge don't seem to interact with each other...

He's leaving but he also wants to be more heavily involved in squad building for next season apparently.
In addition, players (alleged) “fears” don’t amount to much.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Reliable source, but another reliable one says he’s excited for next season 🤔

Reliable? So he's come down and spoke to all the players and they have given him their opinion? (not read the article, refuse to add to the click bait headline)

Or just a shit stirring w*nker, aka a Journalist desperate for clicks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tony knew this all along…hence his massive grin throughout the initial press conference.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Tony knew this all along…hence his massive grin throughout the initial press conference.
Of course he did which is why we shouldn’t be loosing our chicken lickin heads every time some nonce retweets rumours or bounces unsubstantiated media rag stories about key players and managers leaving the Club. By the time it happens TB already will have replacements a phone call away. Until then let’s just enjoy the ride 🤷🏻‍♂️

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s remarkable looking back. Aside from Starlizard stats, qualitatively he was obviously a huge admirer of RDZ, yet could do nothing about that as Potter was doing a good job.

Waddle forward …. Todd L. Boehly.

The rest is history.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course he did which is why we shouldn’t be loosing our chicken lickin heads every time some nonce retweets rumours or bounces unsubstantiated media rag stories about key players and managers leaving the Club. By the time it happens TB already will have replacements a phone call away. Until then let’s just enjoy the ride 🤷🏻‍♂️
Precisely. Welcome to the upper stratosphere of football, where every chip wrapper needs to have hot news about a top club on it, as it hurtles into the chip wrapper bin..

We may not like the idea, and I will still never use the pompous term 'established EPL club', but let's face it, back on the 60s every numpty had a view on the Beatles. And every numpty's view was a quote for the media.

We are now football Beatles. Fact.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We are now football Beatles. Fact.
🙂
IMG_0609.jpeg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That result tonight has been coming. Not because RDZ is suddenly a bad coach or the players are not good enough, out of the blue shock results and performances like that happen every now and again when you are such a system based team.

Anyone who has read a lot about Guardiola and other similar system reliant managers knows these results happen now and again, you have to accept it and know they are worth the greater good.

The writer and journalist, Jonathan Wilson, who has studied Pep extensively explains it better than I but when you have a team who are totally reliant and bought into such a strong tactic coached by their manager, every now and again they have a day when things don’t go right or the other team surprises them. Their plan A doesn’t work at all, their shellshocked and they don’t know how to deal with it as well as a team who are more reliant on individual players and personality rather than a team system. Guardiola has had many games like this in his long career.

As I say, it’s frustrating but today shouldn’t come as a surprise and we’ve got a brilliant manager and group of players who I’m sure will bounce back playing the great football we’re used to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here