Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yesterday's result was fantastic, especially given the changes and stepping up of squad players. Billy Gilmour running the show in the absence of Ali Mac and Caicedo reminded me of Sidwell and Ollie Norwood driving our first ever win at Hillsborough when replacing Kayal and Stephens.

In all the celebrations I just wanted to comment on something that may have been overlooked in RDZ's management this week. In the pre-match press conference, he spoke about how he felt more love for his players after the adversity and disappointment of Wembley and Wednesday, than when we won great victories because, I'm paraphrasing, he could see how much they cared.

From about 4:30

'We've come a long, long way together, through the hard times and the good' are the words that start the song we all wanted to hear at the close of last Sunday. It just sums up the journey of this club. Its nice to have a boss who so clearly understands that the hard times are essential. They bind us together and make the good times more profound.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yesterday's result was fantastic, especially given the changes and stepping up of squad players. Billy Gilmour running the show in the absence of Ali Mac and Caicedo reminded me of Sidwell and Ollie Norwood driving our first ever win at Hillsborough when replacing Kayal and Stephens.

In all the celebrations I just wanted to comment on something that may have been overlooked in RDZ's management this week. In the pre-match press conference, he spoke about how he felt more love for his players after the adversity and disappointment of Wembley and Wednesday, than when we won great victories because, I'm paraphrasing, he could see how much they cared.

From about 4:30

'We've come a long, long way together, through the hard times and the good' are the words that start the song we all wanted to hear at the close of last Sunday. It just sums up the journey of this club. Its nice to have a boss who so clearly understands that the hard times are essential. They bind us together and make the good times more profound.

I did wonder if they had that lined up on the pa had we won the penalty shoot out. I love hearing that at the end of games because it reminds me of when we first got to the Amex and when we really knew things had changed :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Brighton love affair continues in The Times/Sunday Times. Today it features Deniz Undav as well as RDZ.

God said this:

IMG_0304.png

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's a genius. As others have said, other managers, with more experience and at bigger clubs, are wholesale ripping off his ideas. His impact on football is going to be absolutely huge (if Guardiola is changing his own tactics because of the things he watches RDZ do it's clear how highly his philosophy is regarded). This isn't mind games from managers (as it would've been when they were about to play us under Potter) they're genuinely in awe. Imagine what he could do with a City or Real Madrid.
We are watching a footballing revolution in real time being led by our little old club.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Great players, yes, but players who are all committed to the project and believing in what RDZ is trying to achieve. Because this group has grown with him he should remember what happened to Potter when he saw the bright lights, because the team Potter inherited on paper should have been achievers but they were just a bunch of good players not prepared to follow his ideas.
RDZ says all the things that make me think he is here for the long haul - I hope I’m right.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I heard the H and J show on talkSport trail a call they had upcoming from a Brighton fan/journalist about issues with De Zerbi and the clubs transfer plans but then I had to stop listening.

Did anyone catch it? Who was the journo and anything interesting/new or just rehashed Daily Mail bullshit?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's bull. So he is at one of the best run clubs in the world, in the best league in the world and the one thing he isn't happy about is our slightly unorthodox transfer policy despite that yielding the likes of Mac, Mitoma and Moises and having just spent £30 million on one player before the window even opens? It's just shit stirring and click bait.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Nice comments apparently from De Zerbi....

"He repeated to me that he's having a lot of fun and that at the moment he's having a hard time thinking about other teams since Brighton is something unique," added the former Bari footballer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

"He repeated to me that he's having a lot of fun and that at the moment he's having a hard time thinking about other teams since Brighton is something unique," added the former Bari footballer.

Ferguson - il raggazino. I like that

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy

That show is complete rubbish - having Cassano as host should be enough of an indicator - but at least it was semi-useful for once (RDZ simply repeated what he already said 100 times.)

raggazino
*ragazzino 🧐 ("young boy")

Though I'd call him ragazzone ("big boy, big lad") the way he's built

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I heard the H and J show on talkSport trail a call they had upcoming from a Brighton fan/journalist about issues with De Zerbi and the clubs transfer plans but then I had to stop listening.

Did anyone catch it? Who was the journo and anything interesting/new or just rehashed Daily Mail bullshit?

It was our very own @Not Andy Naylor (I won't try and spell Nick's surname)

He didn't say anything that we don't already know but said RDZ was unlikely to leave in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here