Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Possibly, but you can also see where quite a few can fit quite nicely. Gross and Macallister are good in tight position and can change the speed of passing. I've not seen enough of Estupinan yet but Veltman will be excellent in that fullback role.

Dunk and Webster both used to remain patient in possession- as are the whole team really, the amount of times we slow it down, keep possession and wait for the right moment to go.

Trossard and March currently do exactly what his wingers have done. High and wide and then cutting in. You could argue Mitoma and perhaps Lamptey could get in on that too.

My biggest gap would be the striker. In Caputo and Berardi he had relatively clinical striking options. Not sure we have it.

Well, lets hope he rectifies that in January, unlike his predecessor, who felt he had enough options in that department. Leaving us with a 6 goal a season striker and others who are unproven. It was clear to almost everybody that we were short in this area and the sale of Maupay confirmed that view. Our progress under Potter was hampered by a lack of goals. 40 goals ( excl OG's ) last season was a poor return in a side that was top six defensively in the division.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair point, so do you back the flip flop brigade then???

Too soon?

Also, the 'Potter out' contingent may have been noisy gobshites on NSC, but there were only about 5 of them. It took me less than ten minutes to put them all on ignore :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not convinced by that. They’d have made contact with him surely , so doubt the interest is that strong - or for some reason RDZ doesn’t want the job at this time

I suspect it may explain why we made the appointment (and announcement) on the eve of the royal funeral, after MOTD had been recorded, instead of Tuesday when lots of people thought it would be more becoming. Mr Bloom does not have a track record of not knowing when to play his hand ??? :wink:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Didn't stop the messiah Bielsa at the Champions of Europe. During his entire tenure, he didn't give one interview in English.

Bielsa could speak English though and took training in English. He just used a translator for his interviews as he didn't want what he said to be slightly wrong and then be misinterpreted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same way the recruitment team did, on what he has done elsewhere.

I think what [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] means is we can't judge his performance in a Brighton team after a few minutes of football. His performances elsewhere signal his potential only.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does anybody know the answer to this?

Bloom, Barber , Weir probably do. His Shaktar squad was mainly Ukrainian with a few Brazilians so shouldn’t be a problem

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It will not even be like when any other foreign worker comes to work in the UK.
They will get work visas through "The International Sportsperson Scheme" The requirements are a job offer from an approved employer, and an endorsement from the relevant Governing Body, in this case, The FA.
To come through the Skilled Worker scheme, he and his coaches would have to sit an English test, as well as have a job offer for a position considered skilled enough, not sure the assistant coaches would qualify.

Ah right, I hadn’t heard of that. I’m guessing the International Sportspersons Scheme can work a bit quicker than the general one as the club seem to be hoping he will be in place for Liverpool.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think what [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] means is we can't judge his performance in a Brighton team after a few minutes of football. His performances elsewhere signal his potential only.

I wasn’t judging his performance- I was comparing the different styles that Welbeck and Undav have as strikers and which style would be more suited to De Zerbi

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn’t judging his performance- I was comparing the different styles that Welbeck and Undav have as strikers and which style would be more suited to De Zerbi

Ah, OK.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

We haven't seen De Zerbi take a Brighton game yet either, so it seems fair to ponder on whether Welbeck as we have seen under Potter or Undav who we have seen bits of at USG is better suited.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
If I'd read this (from today's BBC Sport pages) 20 years ago, I'd have looked at the calendar to see if
it was April 1st! Amazing.

"Juventus were looking at appointing Roberto de Zerbi if they sacked Max Allegri, and wanted to hijack Brighton's
move for the Italian manager."

Juventus were rumoured to be close to appointing Geoff Wood as manager before he came to the albion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We haven't seen De Zerbi take a Brighton game yet either, so it seems fair to ponder on whether Welbeck as we have seen under Potter or Undav who we have seen bits of at USG is better suited.

Football. It's all about opinions.

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here